Took a Break

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's been hard for me to get into notifications the last few days. Between being overly tired and not getting much sleep, and being in writing mode, I haven't been here as much as I usually am. The good news in all that is how much writing I've actually gotten done in the last few days. Albeit it was Manifest Destiny, which is coming along very well. I still intend to get to Freedom's Cry before the night is out. I also did a lot of Netflix the last couple days between the show I've been watching and the movie I just finished watching - Knowing, staring Nicholas Cage. Normally I don't watch thrillers, so my doing so was primarily because there wasn't anything to indicate it was a thriller. I would put this one into a kind of Apocalyptic thriller. I also gave it 4 stars. It's very good, but it doesn't rate 5 stars. It's all about numbers, numbers that add up to deadly. I do have some good news, finally. My medication is finally starting to work, and I expect to be back in the pool on Monday. Barring any further setbacks with it. It feels like I've been away from the pool for an eternity. I also had a look at the local weather forecast. We're getting more snow tomorrow, but not supposed to be more than an inch. The big storm is coming later Sunday, all day Monday, and into Tuesday. That one, they said, will bring heavy snow, perhaps a mix on Monday, definitely some accumulation. It' not the blizzard I'm hoping to see yet this year, but I'll take what they give me. I don't have a choice anyway. I also finished another book today. That one was part of my counseling assignment and have been reading that one for the past year at least. So that one is also finished, bringing my book total for this year to 2. Okay, that's it, now back to interacting. How was your day? Thanks for reading.
@alberello75 (14288)
• Genova, Italy
Today my mother and me, we went to a large shopping center, called "Ipercoop". however we did not buy much, but what fascinates me about that big mall, are the new cash machines. They can directly read the barcode of each product, then you have to put the money and they give change, with the precision of the cents. All without operator.
I'm learning to work those as well.
@alberello75 (14288)
• Genova, Italy
@just4him In your part, in the mall, already there are automatic cash?
@valmnz (13143)
• New Zealand
Today, Monday, has been a public holiday here and so I treated myself to a lazy day!
I saw it was a holiday. Always a good reason to be lazy.
My day yesterday was "awful". That's about all I can say. Sick all day.
I was sick yesterday. Not sure about today yet. I'm waiting on my stomach. Right now it's not very happy.
Oh good! I was hoping the meds were finally helping!
It's only a start though. I have my next infusion tomorrow and if it doesn't completely clear up, then I'm calling the doctor again.
I have watched Knowing and I liked the movie. I am still tired, but today I feel well, I hope the sickness is fully over.
I hope so too.
• Portland, Connecticut
We spent about 80 minutes at the pool walking today and then went out to Bob Evans for dinner, that is my day in a nutshell.
Sounds like a good day.
Although it is summer here we are being told to expect rain later in the week. Glad the writing is going so well.
I don't know what season it is anymore. We're getting rain when it should be snow. Temps are milder than they should be.
@ridingbet (40027)
good Saturday morning. enjoy your day
Thank you. It was a good day.
Sounds a pretty good day and, mines been good too, but very busy.
It's good to be busy.
• Austin, Texas
Doing fine. Thanks for asking. I keep starting Netflix series and not finishing them. But the parts I watched were good. Hope I get back to them before they take the series out of the database. "Stranger Things" and "The Crown" are two of them. But I don't think I have to worry because they are both Netflix originals.
The Crown is excellent. I'm hoping they are working on season 2. I'm glad you're doing fine.