HANDYMAN WITH A VIOLENT STREAK.

image by pixabay
He has worked with my family for years and we all know him to be a quiet, soft spoken man. He is the person we call whenever anything needs to be fixed in our home. He also tends the grounds, trimming our fruit trees, picking coconuts etc. However , last December there was some very unpleasant news about our handyman. We were informed that he had badly beaten his wife in a bar - leading to her hospitalization and him spending one night in jail. Everyone thought his wife would not make it, because according to eyewitnesses, he hit her in the head with a rock. We were further surprised when we heard that the wife left the hospital after two days and was again seen at the bar. We decided that we would have a talk with both of them , but only the wife responded to our message and turned up to tell her side of the story, - and according to her - the beatings have been a part of her life for years. We continued with our efforts to get a hold of our handyman, but to no avail. Then there was more terrible news. This time he beat his thirteen year-old daughter and kicked her in the head while wearing his work boots(he also does farming) . For that last act of violence, he spent Christmas in jail and has only recently been let out. We are very worried and frustrated because he is still ignoring our request to come and see us. Not only have we lost a very good handyman, but we are also worried about his future and the safety of his family. I Have met and spoken with this guy on countless occasions and it is still hard to believe that he has such a violent streak.
@dragon54u (31296)
Didn't the wife file charges? Can't she take out a restraining order to keep him away from their house? I would not have any further contact with him if I was you but if you care about his family try to give the wife advise and the means to legally keep him away and put him in jail. And watch out, because he might come for you.
I think he is taking a big risk, because the house belongs to the wife and she has several brothers. I can't understand why she has been taking that sort of treatment from him.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Maybe it's best to let go.
They have four children, I am also worried about them.
@nomus24g (15180)
Who is he?
Our handyman.
@nomus24g (15180)
@Kandae11 is that his picture?
@nomus24g No, that is a pixabay image of a labourer.
He is a sick, sick man. His wife should leave him. I'd look elsewhere for a handyman.
We have known him for years and it is disturbing that we are only now discovering his true nature.
@Kandae11 It is a shame. Most people are very good at disguising their true nature.
@PainsOnSlate (18781)
That is very scary, i hope he gets help before he kills someone. I hope he will talk to you, and you could give some guidance..
That is what we are hoping.
That is sad because one day he might kill one of his family members.
That is the reason why we are trying to have dialogue with him but so far , no success.
It is strange that he could have kept this hidden from you for so long.
Well, he certainly had no reason to lose his temper with us. He was treated very nicely and paid for his work.
@Kandae11 And now he is dodging you. Very sad.
@allknowing It is. I think he probably feels ashamed, especially since he gave us the impression that he was such a nice guy.
That's terrible. I hope you're not planning to continue to use his services once you do get a hold of him.
We are looking around - and I can't say - looking for someone we can trust because this one really had us fooled.
@Kandae11 References would probably be necessary.
I would personally never have anything to do with him again.
We would prepare lunch for him whenever he came to work at our house.
@Kandae11 Yeah, but in my opinion someone who hits their wife should be in prison.
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
It goes to show how some people can hide their dark side. He may be embarrassed to come and see you. I would be very wary of him as he assaulted his wife and daughter.
We will definitely find another workman , because even if he came to us and said he was sorry for his actions, according to his wife, this has been going on for some time, therefore he really cannot be trusted.
@Gillygirl (15260)
• Sutton, England
@Kandae11 I would be very frightened to have him work for me. Hope you get someone good and trustworthy.
• Eugene, Oregon
I can't believe that such violence as he committed is treated lightly by the local courts. It sounds to me as if he should be in jail. I would not want to employ this guy for anything. His family needs to get away. He will not change.
Some people are very good at hiding parts of their personalities. He sounds very violent. Maybe he only becomes so when he drinks - which is no excuse at all but sometimes people's characters seem to really change when they drink.
I should probably have mentioned this earlier but his wife is the one who is known as a hard drinker so I suppose he drinks as well.
• Riga, Latvia
That sounds really bad. If I were you I would be very careful when speaking to him. With such a man one cannot know what to expect.
We always felt quite safe and at home with him. Now, it could never be the same.
He must just have snapped?these things happens.
Well something there is not right there. She said it has been happening for years, but not as bad as this last time.