Sad But True

Tomorrow my husband begins his new job. So, later on this afternoon he will go up to our son's place to stay there. He'll stay there until Friday so that he can enjoy a short commute to his new workplace, its only a 20 minute drive from there and over a 90 minute drive from home here. I'm not looking forward to the next 5 days living in our home alone until he returns. But we still have our home here until late March, so that will be our arrangement. Its sad but true, I hope that I don't get too lonely.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
It will be a long first week alone, hopefully you can get lots done and talk a lot with hubby on the phone.
We'll talk every day, but it might just make me sadder, if that is possible. I know that good things come to those that wait, and that we have been waiting for this opportunity to move in that direction and for him to have a great job, its this 6 weeks in between that is bothering us.
@fishtiger58 (30337)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv and hopefully that 6 weeks will zoom by
@fishtiger58 I hope so! I brought home a stack of boxes tonight from work, so that should keep me busy tomorrow. And time will pass quicker being busy. I heard from my husband, he had a really wonderful first day of work. Its a very generous company and come May he'll be in receipt of his profit sharing, which is annual I believe.
I think your work and the packing will keep you busy, I hope you will not feel alone.
Thank you I am counting on work and the site here to keep me busy, I probably won't pack a lot more this month, most of it is done and I cannot lift the full boxes, so its just better off for me not to attempt it. I can get my house cleaning done, so that when the new owners take possession it sparkles the way that I've always liked it to.
@Juliaacv Do not overdo, you will need all your energies in the next few weeks. Take care.
@LadyDuck Thank you, my first night was difficult, I woke 3 times and tried to cuddle next to him, but he wasn't there. Hopefully tonight will be better.
You work too, don't you, so I guess that will fill up some of the hours for you. Hopefully it won't be too bad.
I'm hoping that work and keeping up the house will be enough to keep me busy. I'll probably spend a lot of time online here.
@Juliaacv Some people here commute for well over an hour - which doesn't mean it's a good thing. Your earnings here will probably improve. :)
@JudyEv This is a 150 km commute, each way, from our home. So we're better off finding a place up there next month, until then he will stay at our son's place and the commute from there is only about 20 minutes, which isn't bad.
it will be difficult at first but you will adjust to it. Time will pass quickly.
I had a long cry a little while ago, but then I wiped my face and pretty soon I got hungry-I hate to eat alone. So I ordered some Chinese food, and that made me feel much better. I think that I've got this for today, but he's been texting me and that makes me feel a little lonely. Sleeping alone will be difficult, and cold-my heater won't be in the bed with me!
@Juliaacv Awwwww it breaks my heart reading this. He will be back home soon!!
@Happy2BeMe I know. I am so exhausted today, I was up 3 times last night, I had a hard time sleeping alone. I talked to him after his first day and it was wonderful! So I feel that the days will be easier to get thru now. But I feel a little lonely at supper when I have to eat alone with the tv.
@dodo19 (33037)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It's not easy when this is the situation. When your husband has to be away for work. I'm sure you'll be fine. It'll take to get used to, but I'm sure you'll get used to it.
I know, but today my heart is heavy and I am fighting tears because we are just starting this. Hopefully it won't be as awful as I feel it is now.
@dodo19 (33037)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv I know it's not easy. But I'm sure you'll get through this.
@dodo19 Thanks I think that you've got more confidence in me then I do today.
Well, I hope us myLotters can help with the loneliness. It will be pure joy for you when your husband returns after his work week.
Thank you I'm really counting on you all, I hope that the time passes quickly each week. I've been fighting back tears all morning, and hope that they can stay at bay until he leaves later on this afternoon. He's pretty quiet and kind of emotional looking too. We've never been apart for more then a week at a time, and back then I had our son at home and a dog for company-not so much this time around.
@Juliaacv Plenty of hugs from all of us to see you through!
@Corbin5 Oh thank you........I can feel them thru my tears, and I really need them!
@PainsOnSlate (20329)
All of my life and now even in retirement My husbands job took him away from home. He made good money and LOVES his job so I had no trouble letting him go. When the kids were little it was more work for me and we did it just because we needed too. Now retired, kids gone, no pets, when he leaves the house I kiss him goodby with a hug, wave as he leaves the driveway and THEN I AM ON VACATION..., and I love it. I know you are moving so you will be busy BUT enjoy your vacation...
I hope that I can treat this marriage sabitical as a vacation. I'm a little afraid of being alone, even though I have in-laws who are as far away as the phone. I'll allow myself a good cry this evening, and then hopefully that will be that. Its striking us both emotionally, as he is technically moving out of this home that we've lived in for the past 20 1/2 years today. And its a fore shadowing as to what I can expect to feel when we hand over the keys next month. Too many emotions for 1 girl to handle! I will keep the vacation idea in my thoughts.
@Juliaacv Do it, you are on vacation...
@alberello75 (17951)
• Genova, Italy
Well, 90 minutes drive away from home, is not a short journey to your husband! I hope that at least, his new work is profitable
Its an excellent job. I hope that the weeks pass quickly and the weekends slowly while he's away, he will come home every Friday.
@alberello75 (17951)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Time goes fast or slow, depending on how we live it
try and find things to keep you buys, 5 days may go by really fast
I'll probably just survive for 5 days at a time, and then enjoy the 2 days that he is home and then survive again for the next 5 days and so on. I'm up now because I rolled over and cannot sleep without him beside me.
@Hate2Iron (7954)
So, did I understand you correctly... you only have to put up with this until March???
Yes, but it seems like an eternity. We are empty-nesters, so its just him and I here and I won't have anyone else except for when he's home on the weekends. And I don't like being alone.
@DWDavis (11540)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I hope the time passes quickly until you are able to move closer to your husband's new job.
Thank you, I feel very weepy today. Hopefully better days are ahead.
Your work hopefully will take up some of the empty time. I know what you mean though. Even when my husband is gone for a few hours, I do miss him.
Its nice to be married to someone that you miss even if they're gone for just a few hours.
Time goes by fast, before you know it, the end of March will be here.
I hope so, today it feels like an awful long ways off in the future.
@prinzcy (5058)
I hope you won't feel so lonely. Being alone really is not pleasant. When my family move so my brother could attended classes for special needs, I was home alone for almost a year. It was lonely so I tried keeping myself busy.
Thank you, I hope that the time passes quickly.