Are you watching the Super Bowl today?

Pleasant Hill, California
I'm off to a Super Bowl party later in the day. I no longer care that much about NFL football, but it seems to be my duty as an American to watch the game and take in a few commercials as well. I know that American advertisers would love it if people around the world watched the Super Bowl. Is it easy to find on TV in places like Great Britain, India, the Philippines, and Australia? Do most Americans really wind up at Super Bowl parties today, whether they care about the game or not? Inquiring minds want to know. For the record, it's between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons. I think I'll be rooting for the Patriots, if only Because Tom Brady is up there with Joe Montana as one of the great quarterbacks of all time, plus I always root for the "old guy" (Brady is 39).
@FayeHazel (12322)
I don't really care about the Superbowl. I found a meme with grumpy cat on it. The caption "I hope both teams lose". Lol sums up my feelings
• Pleasant Hill, California
That kind of represents my feelings toward the NFL at this point.
@xFiacre (7500)
@thehorse I can't ever spectate. It feels too much like I'm just watching everybody else having fun.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@xFiacre I'd rather play. But not in the NFL. If a 300 lb lineman tackled me, I think I'd break three bones.
@vandana7 (57628)
What's that...did you spell it right? Shouldn't it read Super BRAWL? ..Seriously I don't watch Super Bowl...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Welcome to America. Now go learn everything about football. Especially if you live in the South.
@vandana7 (57628)
@TheHorse ... Nope...me not traveling to the US...you seem to forget that I fear sharks very much. So I don't have to learn anything..Thumbs up..lol
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Oh, you don't have to swim to get here. They have airplanes now.
No Super Bowl party for me but my son in law and grandson are going to a party while my daughters and granddaughter and I will watch a good chick flick
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think I'd take "The Notebook" over the Super Bowl, really. Has to be a GOOD chick flick.
I know of one specific island in the Caribbean where there will be many Super bowl parties.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Got it. Thanks for the info!
I am a "rebel" in defying anything Super Bpwl lol!
• Pleasant Hill, California
It's all pretty silly to me But I'll watch anyway. If there are fun people at the party, I'll probably concentrate more on them than on the game.
Not I. I won't be but I need to get to the market before it gets crowded! Have a great Sunday!
@TheHorse Hope the store isn't crowded!! It wasnt so bad at Whole Foods :)
• Pleasant Hill, California
@infatuatedbby Maybe the Whole Foods crowd isn't the Super Bowl crowd. We'll see what's up at Trader Joe's. Kickoff isn't until 3:30 CA time.
@TheHorse Haha =P The trader Joes by me is Always crowded!!
I did not, I did watch a few commercials later though online
• Pleasant Hill, California
Which was your favorite so far?
@TheHorse Budwiser. I didnt like the lumber one just because the whole actual illegal thing. I wish it was easier for worthwhile immigrants to come legally.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Jessicalynnt Lumber one?
No Super Bowl parties for us. We aren't fans of football. Hubby was flipping through the channels and found Kitten Bowl. If our granddaughter were here she would have been delighted with that. As of right now, it is 7:47 a.m. and I still don't know who won. LOL.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It was actually one of the better Super Bowls ever.
@TheHorse that is what I heard. I know that my sports loving client that I see on Friday will tell me all about it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@ElusiveButterfly Please do share her perspective. Or his.
I left pro football and the Super Bowls behind when I moved to Israel.
• Pleasant Hill, California
How long have you lived there? Are you American by birth? One of my college friends (from Illinois) moved to Israel in the '80s and has been there, on a Kibbutz, ever since.
@TheHorse The Horse, I was born in Minneapolis and grew up there. I came to live in Israel in 1986. I cannot live anywhere else too.I have been here 31 years. I have dual citizenship. I am American citizenship and Israeli citizenship.
@Morleyhunt (17107)
Absolutely no interest. Me and my sewing machine will be uninterrupted. Good thing...tomorrow will be another day of running around.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Tomorrow I will be running around as well. Right now Im doing laundry and dishes and grading in-class assignments. Does that count as "multitasking"?
@Morleyhunt (17107)
@TheHorse I would qualify that as multi tasking. And your commenting on Mylot as well.
No Super Bowl here. Will watch the Kitten Bowl and the Puppy Bowl, however. Football just moves too slowly with all that falling down and getting back up.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Well said. Falling down and getting back up. Many people who didn't grow up with it think baseball moves slowly. That's the game I grew up with.
@TheHorse Well, we had only one TV in our house when I was growing up and Dad had football on from morning to night on the weekends. I just cannot stand the game due to overload as a kid and not being able to change the darn channel.
I rooted for Atlanta. I hate New England. As a Raider fan, I am still bitter about the Tuck Rule game over ten years later!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I remember that one. The one the raiders won. And then didn't win. I remember snow.
I have never watched the super bowl and probably never will.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I watched maybe five minutes of today's game. I did decide on a favorite commercial (obligatory) and correctly predicted that New England would come back and win. But I mostly had some good conversations with adults and played with some kids at the party.
@dramagirl26 (3395)
• Ringgold, Virginia
I used to never like the Super Bowl, but now I'm interested in football. I like to watch for the game and commercials.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It turned out to be a pretty good game. I predicted that New England would come back in the second half.
@Daljinder (19944)
Nope! I am not interested in any sort of bowl, super or not.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I like bowls of rice if there is some spicy Indian, Thai or Chinese food near. I will watch the Super Bowl with feigned enthusiasm.
I do not do parties.I loathe them.They are loud and a bunch of drunkard.Do I need this.Not I will be watching the game.Just Mike and I along with Ms.Ruby.That is the way I loved it. Not the gregarious type.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Today's party will be a small one. I don't like large, drunken, stupid crowds either.
Yes we will be watching it. Go Falcons. I hate the Patriots. They are such cheaters
• Pleasant Hill, California
Deflategate. Spygate. The American way!