Do you like living alone?

Those of you that live alone how long did it take to get use to it. I am now on my own and with no anxiety attacks I should be so grateful. I feel blessed for sure but I feel lonely. I know without a doubt that I want to be alone. I just can't get over the lonely feeling and the tears. Today G poured his heart out to me. It was truly wonderful to hear. I feel so happy with him as well. The problem is he wanted to leave home twice already and I said no. Today he gave me reason to believe he wants to leave still. Trust me if he came with bags in had I would take him in. Honestly I am not ready for that yet. I want to get familiar with myself and get to the point where I am no longer lonely here. I don't mind at all that he lives home and I live here. I feel horrible feeling this way. I feel like if he asked I would say please stay home. I am selfish I know but I am happy with things the way they are. I been with someone sharing house and home and it did not work for me. I married my husband when we were not even speaking. I had my share of hell that I am glad to be out of. The way we are now i so perfect for me. But he feels I am only considering my feelings. To e honest so does my therapist. I feel that what I am doing is protecting myself. I can be with him for as long as it lasts and live alone. I just feel like I need to finally do what I want for a change. I don't mind him sleeping here or anything. I am not ready for the rest that could come my way. Will I get use to living alone? I been scared all my life to be alone. But I want to keep trying.
So your daughter doesn't live there now?
She has been gone two weeks almost.
@sharon6345 I guess I missed that, didn't know she'd finally gone. I prefer living alone, I have for several years now, although I have my cat here for company.
@JolietJake I want to be like that but the fear is getting worse for me. I don't tell him about it I just keep it to myself. when he is here I am so happy. When he leaves for a little while I am good. as it gets dark I get worse. I feel I will be admitted soon.
I lived a lone for many years and it did take time to get use to. I was in a new city and I didn't know anybody and I had those days where I felt sad and lonely. I remember crying myself to sleep many night but once I got use to being alone I started enjoying having my space. It was kind of nice.
A big part of me feels like doing that but I would need my dr.s. I been trying to be on my own for years..The fear has never got any better for me. As night time falls I get paranoid. I only wish there was a cure in a bottle for me. My mom said it would come back after kay left. I thought I was going to be fine.
@Jam4321 (581)
• Jamaica
I don't think I could manage to live alone for as much as years...I would cry every night.
I loved living alone and wish it could be so again.
I hope to feel that way too.
@Wowtalk (425)
• Jamaica
I don't think I could ever get use to living alone, but like anything else over time you'll get use to it.
I am not sure everyone is meant to live alone. I will keep trying though.
You therapist sounds like a quack. They are not supposed to share their opinions on things.
@dragon54u (31605)
I think that in order to enjoy living along you have to start in childhood. I spent a lot of time alone and learned to love solitude. I also enjoy being with people but being by myself is just fine. I love living by myself. The past 3 years I've lived with my two sons, their wives, and my granddaughter. Now I'm down to my DIL and granddaughter and hopefully by next year I'll have a place by myself. That's luxury to me! I hope you get to the point of liking living alone. It's something a lot of people have to work at.
@Jam4321 (581)
• Jamaica
I have never lived alone before and don't think I could go through with it.
You will get used to living alone. As long as you have friends to visit and come over you will be fine.
I stopped crying for the night. I might sleep with the tv on.