Stark White Walls - A balm to the errant soul?

You know that scene within your subconscious that plays over and over again in many different variations? It could be your wakeful day dreams or those your subconscious conjures up whilst you sleep. It can be a peaceful experience, or one filled with dread and anxiety. Regardless it's such a constant occurrence that, even in it's most frightful state, it is a comfort. Such a contradictory statement, frightfully comforting. An oxymoron at it's finest. Perhaps you don't have such a thing. Or if you, you don't feel the same way about yours as I do about mine. Mine comes about semi - frequently, enough so that I've come to anticipate its arrival and the comfort it brings. Terrifying as it might come about, when it is over a sense of calm envelopes me and the tendrils of awareness that remain sustain me for days to come. :: I had one of these experiences just the other day. My heart was beating within my minds eye, sweat coursing down my brow as I walked down these unfamiliar halls. Beside me, someone I've become familiar with, walked. He was friendly enough, and his ease of conversation did much to calm my frantic nerves. I didn't want to be there, wherever there was. However, I knew it was a requirement and one I could in no way back away from. I'd have to swallow my discomforts and move onward and upward. It was only a few days after all, and promises of good things to come kept my feet moving ever forward. We arrived to our destination and to several more faces that have become familiar. Each of them had varying degrees of discomfort etched across their face. Atleast I was not alone in my feelings. We would all suffer these next few days together. Perhaps we'd come out closer to one another because of it. Perhaps that was the whole purpose of this exercise. I wouldn't know until I crossed the threshold, and so with a bated breath, I stepped forward. :: -- Let it be know that everything within the double colons is my creative re-telling of a dream I had a few nights prior. Everything before it, and after it is only a prologue of sorts. My feelings and emotions towards the experience of the dream, as it were. --
@alberello75 (16519)
• Genova, Italy
I (like every human being) dream every night. Sometimes they are nightmares. I would not dream often, but I reach at the conclusion that it is impossible. Ie, for not dreaming, we should not sleep. The dream, therefore, arises from our subconscious?
A lot of people have different theories on this. I believe our dreams are our subconscious and it's way of "filtering" through things that are happening in our waking life.
@alberello75 (16519)
• Genova, Italy
@ScribbledAdNauseum However, I do not believe in those that many people call "premonitory dreams". Some things, in my opinion, are only seen in horror movies. Having said that, in your opinion, it is possible dream about something that we have not really ever seen, or rather, something totally unknown to us?
@alberello75 I don't think we can dream about things that are completely unknown to us. No matter how fleeting the moment, I believe everything we dream we have once seen. I believe in premonition dreams.
Mine is different. Before I always dreamt of a big house with a powerful dark energy that always drag me to the big empty top of the house and try to strangle my neck. It always come and hunt my dream until I really try harder to pray. And when it finally came again I run inside the house and hunt down that dark energy and find that bad spirit who always struggle my neck but everytime I was there at the top I keep waking up from that bad dream. Specially when I see ghost I strangle them and I think they are not scared of me.... They are scared of my faith in Jesus Christ knowing that my faith in Christ will strengthen me and will limp them until they banished into dust. Haist! I just so happy that they already left me. And when a bad sensenof spirit wakes me up in the middlenof the night I just shout Jesus name as my Lord and Savior they completely leave me impeach and had a great sleep. Lol! They are so powerful and terrifying but what it makes me think that if there is more powerful than Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.... And it calms me a bit. The fear is still there but I know Christ will never leave my side. God bless.
I don't have as terrifying dreams as yours. I've not had a really bad dream in years. For the most part mine are more uncomfortably, almost embarrassingly so. I'm sorry that you have such frightful dreams but I'm glad you are able to claim your faith and banish them from you.
@ScribbledAdNauseum yes I am glad too that I was able to fight it. It is really terrifying. And I was able to sleep without worrying or thinking about it also. And I stop watching horror movies too.
@luisadannointed There was a horror movie I watched years ago, it was about a tooth fairy. I can't remember the name, but I couldn't sleep for hours after I got done watching it. I was so terrified that I'd have nightmares. I did get to sleep though, and had a nightmare over it. I never watched that movie again.
I don't remember my dreams very often. I did this morning and it was scary.
I'm sorry! It's a horrible feeling when the dreams you do remember are the more frightening ones!
@ScribbledAdNauseum ......Yeah, I don't usually remember them at all.
It is good when you can think about te dream that you had.
@PatZAnthony (12342)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
It is nice to remember dreams if you can. Those who do not think they don't dream, but of course, we all do.
Yes. We all dream, even if we don't remember them. There are times I don't remember what I dream and I count myself lucky. I figure I didn't remember it because it wasn't something I'd want to remember.
@PatZAnthony (12342)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@ScribbledAdNauseum That is very possibly true! Maybe we somehow protect ourselves from such things.
@PatZAnthony I'd like to think so. After all, it's our subconscious that creates the dreams. I don't know, I feel as if when we have nightmares it's because we have overwhelming stress..
I'm not sure that I experience this sort of thing. Vivid dreams, yes. But a variation on the same theme, no.
I dream about being back in school atleast three times per year. That is what this dream was, except I was in school with my co-workers. Very strange. So you've never had a recurring dream of being in a store, or school, or work?
@ScribbledAdNauseum Not to my knowledge. I'm not very good at remembering my dreams though. They're vivid at the time, but lose their potency within minutes.
@Poppylicious Ah. I have my fair share of dreams like that. I still have many others that stick with me for a few hours atleast.