No skin off my teeth, as the saying goes

I am not a pro football fan so picking a winner for the big game was not in my top 10 things to do. I didn't think Atlanta would win, but I did hope they would. Why? So that we could possibly stop hearing the name Tom Brady and the wonderful, great team from New England. I am about 1 1/2 hours from Atlanta and if I was into football I still wouldn't pick them to win. I had a little hope that they would steal the thunder and squash the Brady rhetoric. Oh well, I just keep scrolling over the football posts on Facebook and tune the TV to HGTV where it should be. But the bottom line is - I didn't bet on either team and to me the winner is insignificant and - therefore - no skin off my teeth. What about you? Did your team win? Photo: pixabay.com/en/tooth-teeth-eyes-toys-dentist-2013237/
I did not even know the name of the two teams that were playing. Of course this morning I have read about the Patriots and Tom Brady.
He will be in the news for months on end now.
@AbbyGreenhill Now we have serious problems with European unification, all the news are about this BIG problem.
@LadyDuck You want Trump you can have him and all the problems we have due to him.
Now isn't that another quaint saying - no skin off my teeth? I wonder where that one came from.
@AbbyGreenhill I'm supposed to be going to bed - but I'll go soon. :)
@JudyEv That's right you are opposite of us LOL!
@Mike197602 (13467)
• Worcester, England
@JudyEv same here...by the skin of our teeth is the saying. No skin off our teeth just isn't used in the UK...what about Australia? Here it's no skin off our nose.
@pgntwo (21329)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Hmm... I thought it was "no skin off my nose", as opposed to avoiding something "by the skin of your teeth", as in experiencing a near miss, a close call or a narrow squeak. But idiom is location-specific...
I looked it up earlier - it's either by the skin of my nose or teeth - teeth is more popular.
@pgntwo (21329)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@AbbyGreenhill Not much skin on a tooth, hence the power of the idiom.
@Mike197602 (13467)
• Worcester, England
Nobody in the UK or Ireland uses no skin off my teeth in the context used here. It's no skin off my nose or by the skin of my teeth. As you say...it depends on location.
Not a football fan and never watched a Super Bowl. However, I was amused that New England won just because it irritated so many hateful people.
Oh, now I'm a hateful person you are saying ?
@AbbyGreenhill Not referring to you but all the people making nasty remarks on social media and comments sections that politicized the game.
@JohnRoberts I hoped you weren't referring to me, I'm a nobody LOL!
@fishtiger58 (30284)
• Momence, Illinois
I am a Chicago Bears fan so my team sure didn't win. I was rooting for the Falcons yup sick of hearing about the Tom Brady garbage. What a disappointment.
Glad I'm not the only non-fan of his!!!!!
@fishtiger58 (30284)
• Momence, Illinois
@AbbyGreenhill I think everyone is sick of him and his coach.
@fishtiger58 Yes, that's for sure.
@Shellyann36 (8454)
I don't really watch football and I didn't really care who won. No skin off my teeth either. Unfortunately, we will hear about it nonstop in the weeks to come until March Madness and college basketball starts....
March madness drives me mad....madder than I am normally.
and now I wonder about that phrase, no skin off my teeth. That is an odd phrase.
I guess I better look it up LOL!
@AbbyGreenhill prob a post there too!
I'm not into to it. I am glad for those who are though. No skin off my teeth either. Hehe
Just glad I'm not a betting person LOL.
@AbbyGreenhill .......Same here.
@Morleyhunt (15926)
My team wasn't even playing....the only time I've ever followed sports was when the Toronto Bly Jays won back to back World Series. That was in another century.
I used to be a fan - the Colts before they left Baltimore in the middle of the night - that was a long time ago...
@Morleyhunt (15926)
@FayeHazel (10665)
I like that expression. I didn't watch as I don't care much for football
I don't blame you - best part is the skin tight pants
I would say - both teams are winners - but what do I know about football.
In a way you're right - to play in the big games meant both teams were good.
I'm not a football fan so I didn't care who won either but I saw the last few seconds which was exciting
I watched a moving and checked on the score once in a while....
Did they win.New England is our team here.He was awesome.Whether you hate him or love. come on give the guy credit for coming back late in the game to win it for us. I know quite a few here do not like him.But this is our team. Sorry,you miss the game.
Like I said, it doesn't affect my life at all - but I'm allowed to give my opinion!
I don't have a team when it comes to sports or Olympics. It makes me sleepy watching any games. I guess it is just the same way others hate watching Korean drama or romantic movies. Hehehehe... I don't blame them I just hope they won't hate me for not loving sports Hehehe.
I like humor movies but not so much the run of the mill romantic ones.
@stbrians (11841)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Congratulations to the team that won
I'm sure they say thank you.