@RichardMeister and Spokane

@sallypup (27505)
Moses Lake, Washington
Just thought I'd throw that title out there cause hey, he knows about my snow conumdrums. I am sick to past being sick of epic drives on ice and packed snow. Hubby elected not to go to work this morning. Roommate said that she'd take our Leah pup in for her surgery if we drove the long way round- down into town and the highway and then back North to the Vets. I said that she was the driver and just keep us out of the ditch, please. We got Leah to the doc. The helper actually had me walk her to her kennel in the back- first time in forever that a Vet clinic showed me their back office area. Amazing. We'd driven in fog and on ice and snow. On the way back we walked around in Walmart, waiting for the day to warm and the roads to clear. They mostly did but at one point roommate said quietly, "You know we're skating?!" I held onto the door frame tighter. And thanked God when we plowed down our driveway again. We probably got 6 more inches of snow yesterday. At least its warming again.
We are now in the land of ice and snow and the temps are just going down so this will be a rough week here. Hope your weather warms up.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Thanks @RasmaSandra. Best of luck to you, too.
ice and roads can be so scary, glad Leah is in for the stuff to start, hope it all goes well!
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Good to hear from you @Jessicalynnt. I have had a good report on Leah so far. She was sitting up, managing to take her e-collar off! (That's the head gear they put on a dog to keep her from getting at her stitches.)
@sallypup nibbler was out of the cone of shame in less than 2 hours, it couldn't survive a terrible terrier, lol.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Jessicalynnt This morning there was another not so good report on Leah and the cone.
Wow. You really have had to deal with treacherous driving conditions for quite a while. Hope Leah pup does well with the surgery. We have 55F for today, and 60F tomorrow for our Chicago suburb, which is unheard of in winter around here for the month of Feb.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 I think last year you folks got snow smacked and us just a little. Guess its our turn. I'm calling the Vet in about half an hour.
You had quite an adventure. Skating huh? That's rather scary. Glad you made it home okay.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle Thanks. I'm reveling in sunshine and not having to drive tonight.
@sallypup ......That is wonderful.
Goodness that does sound harrowing. I'd be a nervous wreck every time I went out.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv This winter has been just off the wall crazy.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
Fortunately it has warmed up here and the roads are mainly just wet. It rained here last night. Yesterday it rain all morning then turned to snow in the afternoon. But it didn't stick after last night. I was awakened around 3:30 a.m. by the wind. It was blowing big time. It only lasted about 15 minutes though. But I have no idea how long it blew before I woke up.
@sallypup (27505)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@RichardMeister No wind here. Thanks heavens for that. The snow is so deep now cause its built on snow since December. We really need our driveway bladed again.