toilet bowl cleaner

@Tina30219 (25601)
Onaway, Michigan
I saw this on facebook and had to share. To clean your toilet take a packet of blackcherry kool-aid and sprinkle it around the rim and inside of toilet let it sit for 10 minutes scrub and flush if any red is around the edges that is where you missed and need to scrub more. They said it takes care of lime rust and calcium etc. Has anyone ever tried anything like this to clean your toilet
I honeslty don't think I would with all the cleaners for the toilet. I like good old bleach and scrubbing.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
I went back and read the comments on it they are all pretty negative saying it reminded them of the pink tablets you would get when you was little to see where you have missed when you brushed. I don't think I will do this I will stick with my cleaner I use. Also other complaints on it was how you get it up under the rim.
@Tina30219 A total waste of time to me.
@akalinus (12425)
I use bleach and scrubbing, also. I pour dish soap in and let it sit all night. It helps keep the line clear as it tends to back up or not flush well.
I haven't heard of this before. I just use a commercial cleaner.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
Me either I actually think it sounds kind of gross who would want to clean their toilet with kool-aid surely not me.
@akalinus (12425)
I hate the way commercial toilet cleaners smell. There is something about it that makes me feel nauseous and icky. Bleach disinfects and deodorizes.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
@akalinus Bleach smell makes me gag if to much is used and that is all you smell. May I ask what you use to clean your toilet if you don't like the smell of the toilet cleaners in stores?
I cant imagine how that would take care of rust, but who knows. I made up some homemade poo-pourri and it has laundry soap in it, it seems to be keeping the bowl pretty clean as it gets used on and off.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
Cool. I seen a post on here about it. Does it really work?
@Tina30219 I haven't tried more than one batch, this one doesnt fully block the smell, but it does make a pretty big difference, so I say it was a success, while wondering if I can improve it.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Jessicalynnt I say go for it try improving it can't hurt it none might make it better if anything.
@marsha32 (6780)
there would be a lot of red in our toilets, especially in the front bathroom. I can't get all of the stuff out of the bottom no matter what. I heard to dump in a can of Coke...I need to try that one some day.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
I heard of the coke one as well
@dfollin (12114)
If that drink is so powerful that it can do that I do not think I want to drink it.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
Right Therd are better uses for it than that you can make lip balms with it as well and use the kool-aid for color
I suppose it would be worth a try for those people who can not use bleaches or other chemicals.
@Tina30219 (25601)
• Onaway, Michigan
Right. And they say the smell only last 30 minutes.