Ground Water Level Decreasing Ahead of Summer

Kochi, India
Summer is just around the corner and before it has peaked, the ground water level in my area has started going down. In our area, we use to rely on Municipal water services as well as water from the well, but today I noticed that the water level in my well has gone down too much. Most of the year, the water level has not went down this far during the month of February. This is a clear indication that this summer is going to be tough and we will be forced to face the shortage of water. The government authorities have started educating the people on how to save water and how to get through the tough summer season. Anyhow, I have started taking precautions to reduce the wastage of water and the government supplied water services has also reduced the frequency of distribution. So I am very much cautious when using the water at home and I have also given instructions to my family on how to reduce water wastage and get through the hard summer season. Also planning to go the river to take bath and wash clothes. But going to the river is not possible everyday and it can be done only during the weekend. Taking bath in the river is also risky as you might get drowned if you do not know swimming. Fortunately I know the basics of swimming and that is enough to keep me safe. Do you have any issues of water scarcity at your place? And do you have any plans to tackle the situation? Kindly share..
That is something I don't want to hear when summer is coming. All I want is a fun summer not another calamity or whatever including the crops that might got affected if there will be draught. I really pray to God to give us all a wonderful summer
• Kochi, India
Yes...water scarcity can really spoil the fun during summer and I also pray to God so spare us from such calamities.