Thinking About Flowers

This year, I was thinking of putting some flowers by our front window. Not sure I want to do that if it will attract bugs. It would probably depend on the type of flowers. I might buy a few and see how they look. Just to brighten things up a little in the front.
I love flowers. If you're concerned about bugs coming around, try planting them in a planter and that way if you find that they attract bugs you can move the planter away from the window somewhere else where you can still see it but won't be affected by the bugs.
@Juliaacv That is a great idea. We used to have a huge bee issue a couple years ago. We would have to be careful going in and out the back door.
@PainsOnSlate (19902)
I have a huge tree out my window so I have to plant shade plants. I do love the look of flowers in front of the house, have fun
@PainsOnSlate Just want to brighten it up in front a little. And get more of those little lights too.
• Chennai, India
Wow.. decorating with flowers is a lovely deal. I'm sure your house is going to be colourful .. :-)
@atoz1to10 (6842)
Do you have any favourite flowers? Please take a picture after you decorate your front window to show us...
@atox1to10 If I do it, then will attempt to take a few pics.
@atoz1to10 (6842)
@Susan2015 Thanks...
@VivaLaDani13 (17262)
• Perth, Australia
@Susan2015 Not that I have done this often at all but I do love having flowers around the house because it really does brighten up a room. They just look really pretty.
@mohdovi (1092)
it means you like plants and flower, dont worry about bugs use some bugs repellent spray
Good idea .Colourful flowers make you feel fresh.
I always start thinking about which flowers I will plant right about now too. So much fun to determine which ones will add beauty.
I always enjoy pansies. I like daisies and more gay flowers. Morning glories are so delicate. I had a periwinkle blue one that lasted a few years. It was so nice to see it blossom out in the early morning when I went past it on my to work.
@sueznewz2 (9633)
• Alicante, Spain
some flowers would brighten things up... and there are sssoooo many to choose from... a planter would help contain bugs ... but some bugs are good...
Garden flowers attract good bugs - lady bugs and bees. Do you keep the windows open and you are afraid bugs will go inside?
more research! Some plants repel bugs