Sometimes I just must laugh

@sallypup (18705)
Moses Lake, Washington
I could not read the answer to roommate when she asked what was in the mail this evening. Her dear hubby has been deceased for about a year and a half now. Not too long ago in the cosmic scheme of things. So when a cremation company sent an advertisement to her no longer with us husband I just did not have the heart to tell her who the mail was from and who it was for. Just too weird. She took the letter and read it and said, "Oh, that's already happened!" and went on with her evening.
@stbrians (11560)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Funny! How is your mylottong I hope you are enjoying. Then what happened next?
@sallypup (18705)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Good to hear from you @stbrians. Well, my roommate threw the envelope from the cremation company in the garbage. That is what happened next.
@stbrians (11560)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@sallypup The prudent thing to do
@sallypup (18705)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@stbrians Yes. My roommate had been married to her beloved husband for fifty years. It takes much time and maybe never to get over losing someone after living with them for so long.
She has a good attitude about it.
at least she didnt get upset
Good that that did not upset her. She must be doing okay then.
Sometimes you can't tell how someone will take something. I'm glad she wasn't upset.
Oh my! I can see why you would hesitate to tell her . . . a bit awkward, right? But sounds like she took it quite well afterall - at least on the outside.