The Husband With The Big Belly

By Gill
@Gillygirl (17361)
Sutton, England
My husband with the big belly thinks I am spending too much time on mylot. . I spent an hour this morning dealing with notifications then reading and responding to discussions. The big bellied one feels I am a social media geek. Lol, I hardly ever go on Facebook and don't go near Twitter. I tried to explain what mylot was about but it fell on deaf ears. He thinks it is purely Facebook. Does anybody try to interfere with the amount of time you spend on the site? I'm not allowed to post a photo of the husband concerned anywhere on the Internet. My photo is of Lancing beach, West Sussex.
Awesome picture!! Just ignore him and let it fall on deaf ears the way your trying to explain things to him went. Nobody better ever try to get in my way of myLot or it won't be pretty!!
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Lol he won't be able to stop me.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I won't let the cats get in the way of mylotting never mind the big bellied hubby. Ah, I used to have one that didn't have a big belly.
@Gillygirl lol..the key words are "used to"
My husband says that I spend too much time on this site, but he knows exactly what it is. I would never dare to post one of his photo on the Internet, he would be capable to sue me for violation of the privacy. He has not a big belly at all anyway.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck He doesn't mind me sharing photos of myself on here but not on Facebook. He gets annoyed with my daughter as she has so many photos and her mobile phone number of FB. She won't be told!
@Gillygirl I do not like to share on FB, I think it's dangerous and some hackers could steal your identity.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck That is very true. I know some people who still disclose they are going on holiday.
Isn't that him in your profile picture? I did have opposition before I moved. My son felt I spent far too much time on the computer. Yes, any kind of explanation falls on deaf ears. Now that I am on my own, I am here as much as necessary to do what is necessary. True, I do spend hours at a time here, but not today. Today, I will be gone most of the day. Nice picture.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
The man in my avatar is a flying instructor, I had a one off flying lesson. Most of the time I am mylotting on my own. The photo is the view my mum had from her room at the nursing home.
@Gillygirl Ah, okay. She had a wonderful view!
I do not blame hime.He does not want it on the internet.Very simple.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I wouldn't disrespect his wishes about photos at all. He really dislikes Facebook and the type of things people post on there. He hasn't got his head around mylot.
I think many myLotters experience the same, either from male or female non-myLotting partners.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Probably true. My husband pokes fun at my earnings too.
I love that picture that you took. Tell your husband you are making some money.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Thank you, the beach was the view my late mum had from her room in the nursing home. I told the husband about the earnings and he laughed.
@Gillygirl Tell him some money is better than no money.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@jstory07 He's gone to bed now but when earnings are transferred into Paypal I'll show him. I'll never earn so much again but I had a record of 17 dollars for January.
My husband thinks I spend too much time online. He's probably correct, but I think he spends too much time in antique shops, so we're even.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@thelme55 (14944)
I don't post photos of myself or others on here either. The photo you did post is stunning! I would love to walk on that beach. The little rocks would hurt my feet though so I would need to wear sandals instead of going barefoot I am sure. My late husband thought and was right I spent to much time online. At least on mylot we earn a little money for what we do instead of totally wasting time like at Facebook.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I would never disrespect his wish not to have photos posted. Facebook isn't worthy of time I use it for private messages and online chat on rare occasions. Love the hub really! but he hasn't quite got the meaning of mylot. There is a sandy beach a few miles further along the coast. The beach in the photo was the view my late mum had from her room at the nursing home.
@Gillygirl wow that is a gorgeous view. Here the view from the nursing home windows is not appealing at all.... A parking lot
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@shaggin The first home my mum was in was opposite a car park. She was very happy at her last one and we took her out often.
I am vain enough to be pleased Vince doesn't have a big belly - he just has a little one. And he spends an equal amount of time on all his photo sites so I am safe to play here pretty much as much as I want to. In fact I get a bit cross as some days he does almost nothing else.
• Preston, England
friends sound really impressed when I tell them I earn for writing on here butthen they just carry on writing on sites that pay nothing at all - strikes me a lot more people could, should and would rush to sites like this - never understand why not
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Yes some folk spend hours at a time on Facebook. I did try to introduce people on here but no takers.
My husband couldn't care less about computer and internet. He doesn't mind when I am here as he loves to read.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
That's a fine balance. Mine isn't often around when I'm on the site so he was amazed to see how long it took to clear my notifications out. I don't blame hubby for not wanting pics posted as I don't like mine put up on Facebook without my permission.
No, my husband is just glad I am occupied with myLot and is glad it keeps me from talking so much.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
That is a good one as I talk too much at times. I'll use that in the future.
No complaints so far. I have been here on and off, since breakfast, but I shall soon leave to take care of other business - and I'll be back in the evening.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
My hubs has a thing about social media. I'll be offline soon and will have a short time mylotting later.
@Daljinder (22072)
My Mom was on my case today. I had to listen to her and comply. She is Mom after all.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Ah, mums must be respected at all times but not old men with big bellies.
@Daljinder (22072)
@Gillygirl ...yeah big bellies come in between the respect and compliance.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@Daljinder LOL! Great big bellies can be very unhealthy.
• Bournemouth, England
The title could imply that you have more than one husband. Did you tell this one that myLot pays?
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Ah, you are the first to pick up on the possibility of more than one husband. It is possible I may have had one without a big belly. Told this one about earnings but he laughed as I average around 50 cents per day.
• Bournemouth, England
@Gillygirl Well, compared to 0 if you spent all that time on Facebook... Most hobbies don't pay anything but cost money instead.
• Bournemouth, England
@Gillygirl I'm a lifelong teetotaller so I wouldn't know. But your monthly myLot would probably buy quite a few.
@thelme55 (14944)
Beautiful photo. Just ignore him and continue mylotting. Thanks God my better half don't interfere with my mylotting and other writing sites. Or else I would interfere with his paintings. Lol
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Thank you the photo was of a view my late mum had from her nursing home. What sort of things does your husband paint?
@thelme55 (14944)
@Gillygirl portraits, landscapes and still life in oil.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@thelme55 That's lovely my dad used to paint.
@DaddyEvil (25788)
• Aurora, Missouri
LMAO! There is one person who tries to limit the amount of time I spend on myLot, not because she dislikes the site or anything like that, and no, the person is not Pretty! The person who tries to limit my time on myLot is my direct department manager at work. She checks myLot sometimes and sees me on the site very late at night (I do that when I've slept most of the day or at least a good chunk of my day before hand.), then tells me I don't get enough sleep before coming in to work. I usually laugh and go on with what I'm doing. It does no good explaining I had slept before going onto myLot, so I've quit trying to explain it to her. (I like her. She is a good boss. She is concerned about the people who work for/with her.) I do get tired of her telling me what she thinks I should be doing/eating when I am off the clock, but I won't hurt her feelings by telling her that! Although, if she is checking on me right now, chances are good she knows how I feel about her doing that! LMAO! I generally think it is funny when someone tries to tell me what I can and can't do. (I had to make Pretty stop doing that!) I explained to her that when she tries to tell me I can't do something, all that does is make me want to do whatever it is just to prove I have free will and as long as I have the money to do what I want, I will do what I want, no matter how much she dislikes whatever I am doing! (grinning and giggling! I am just a little rebel at heart!) So.... how does it feel to be a social media geek, Gillian? (grinning and teasing you, now!)
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
LOL! I am a myLot addict but I don't like Facebook much. People who post inane comments such as 'my dog did a whoopsey ' are indeed geeky. I usually do the opposite of what I'm told too. You boss does seem a caring person. I've always been the rebel of my family and cousins have passed that down to their kids.
The beach is lovely. I guess your husband is a bit jealous on the time you are spending here at mylot. Lol! My parents usually scold me spending my time here. They thought I am just playing whatever wasting my time... They didn't know that I am actually trying to focus more here to earn something. Lol! Sometimes I got irritated that is why I usually went to the malls or to my favorite hang out to spend the day there with my lot. God bless.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
I often do my mylotting when he's not here. I guess some people just don't realise what mylot is about.
@jhaidro (879)
A lot. Many think that Facebook is the only thing to do. Facebook is great. You get a lot of information from there. The problem is, there is so much information and some are not even true. And you get frustrated when no one likes what you posted and you never get a comment. I am hoping that they try mylot. They will be heard. They can express whatever it is in their minds and mylotters will be happy to comment and like their post if it has relevance to them.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
People can spend hours on Facebook which I find irritating. I use it for private messaging and online chat on rare occasions.
@stbrians (15854)
• Kakamega, Kenya
You talk about the big belly as if you do not like it Is it a sort of revenge for his not liking your mylotting?How is your day? Enjoy mylotting.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
It is just humour, love him really lol. He doesn't like Facebook and thought mylot was the same.