Top Ten Angelic Songs: Rockin' Little Angel (#9)

@FourWalls (10721)
I'm continuing my countdown of my favorite songs with "angel" in the title. As I mentioned yesterday, this is one of the most difficult lists I ever came up with. So many of these songs would be in the top three on other countdowns. And, for today's song, I'm going a very unusual route: using a cover song. Here's the next song. #9: Rockin' Little Angel - Webb Wilder If you're of a certain age and remember late night weird things on the old USA network you may have seen Webb Wilder, Private Eye. In addition to that, Webb's done a series of really, really great roots-rock music, beginning with 1986's classic It Came From Nashville. He blends originals and covers (he did the Electric Prunes' "I Had Too Much to Dream" in one of the Webb Wilder, Private Eye episodes) for some terrific music. (Disclaimer: I'm going to see him Friday.) On 1995's Town & Country he did a number of country covers, ranging from a Waylon Jennings song from Nashville Rebel to Rodney Crowell's "Ain't Livin' Long Like This." And, he did this song. This was the sole hit for Ray Smith, a late 50s/early 60s rockabilly singer who worked with Charlie Rich and Sam Phillips at Sun Records. While still in the Air Force he formed a band and recorded "Rockin' Little Angel" in 1959. Smith committed suicide in 1979 at the age of 45. Webb Wilder is still touring, living up to his credo: "Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." Rockin' Little Angel Written by Jimmie Rogers (no, not the "Honeycomb" Jimmie Rodgers) Recorded by Webb Wilder From Town & Country, 1995 (Originally recorded by Ray Smith, 1959) C'mon and make my life complete:
Provided to YouTube by Warner Music Group Rockin' Little Angel · Webb Wilder Town And Country ? 2006 New West Records, LLC ? 2012 New West Records, LLC Relea...
I stalled out at nine on "devil" and just four on "angel." This one is tough!
@FourWalls (10721)
I had the opposite problem: I couldn't get past six "devil" songs (and three of them were the three different versions of "Devil Woman"), but I really had to struggle to get the "angel" list down to ten.
I am unfamiliar with both Webb Wilder and Ray Smith.
@pureme (1439)
Looks you love music, your has always been about music, music is good, keep it up