SO EMBARRASSED!

image by pixabay.
There have been a few occasions when I happen to be scrolling through the responses on an older post - say three or four weeks old - and I notice a comment which I missed and didn't respond to. Gosh! - that is embarrassing. So although the discussion is old, I immediately send off a response- but is that person even still on the site.. I keep wondering how he or she must have felt after taking the time to leave a comment on my discussion and to get no response -- that person must have thought that I was unappreciative -or worse yet - rude. How often has that happened to you ? and, how do you feel about it?
I think I am pretty meticulous about replying to comments but sometimes I find I've missed some too. Often when I leave a comment it's then pretty much gone from my memory and I don't worry if someone doesn't get back to me so I wouldn't feel too bad. Most of us are doing our best and that's all we can expect from others too.
Well said.
I respond as soon as I realized I missed it. That usually happens when I'm so far behind I start losing notifications. I feel bad that I missed it.
Yes it is - and I wonder if the person thinks I did it on purpose.
@Kandae11 I hope not.
• Walnut Creek, California
@Kandae11 I doubt it. But I feel slightly sad if I see a post where everyone else's comment was responded to, but not mine.
I often do not assume someone is thinking me being rude cause I missed a comment response, if I did it would be incorrect cause some of these discussions can go on seemingly forever and unless you go back to look at each and every post you have written, it is not always conducive to immediately respond when thinking is not instantaneous nor is acknowledging someone took the time to further what you have written on.
That is quite true.
@Kandae11 too bad I cannot get you to disagree on something cause then we would have so much more to debate . . .
@enlightenedpsych2 Check my other posts, we might find something to argue about.
• Finland
Sometimes there is too many notifications and I get confused about did I respond to all comments. If I see some without no response I feel bad if it take long time for me to answer but hope so people can understand it
I also hope they do.
• Finland
@Kandae11 I think most of the people here have experience that in some point
• Chennai, India
This is the case with me as well. I know that I've missed replying back to few of the comments in my earlier posts.. but trust me I have plans to clear those .. may be I would notify them "I'm too late for a response" before I start answering ..
I have received very late responses as well, but I am still happy to receive them -- it means my comment wasn't ignored.
• Chennai, India
@Kandae11 - yeah , true!
@ridingbet (59405)
i like to read responses from comments that are good and not the very usual "thanks for dropping by". and also if i miss commenting back on a response, i can still go back to it. no worries too my friend, if you miss replying to me.
Misses will occur I know , -- good to know that you won't be unhappy if I miss yours.
@ridingbet (59405)
@Kandae11 i have known you since bubblews days yet, my dear, so i don't need to worry too if we miss each others discussions.
@KrauseHome (35517)
I take time and try to go over my older discussions that I have started since the first of the yr from time to time to see if someone new might have posted a response back. I do believe even if I am late, hopefully the person is still here, and will appreciate that even if I am late, I did take the time to respond back.
Well done.
• Walnut Creek, California
I just found an older post of mine with about ten comments that I never responded to. I feel slightly bad, but it's never too late to make amends.
I hope its not. I am only now seeing this comment.
people space things sometimes..it happens.it happens to me a lot on my page but usually they get to it eventually.
I really hate coming up on a comment I missed a month ago.
I feel the same as you - I respond to everyone who leaves a comment, but the occasional one sinks to the bottom without me noticing it. When I eventually find it, I will always apologise to the person concerned.
That is the best way to handle it.
I have a method here that ensures that I attend to every notification I receive.
That is great.
@pgntwo (22483)
• Carthage, Tunisia
I can lose track of things in a particularly chatty, or busy, thread - but if I miss some, well, I usually stumble upon other comments from the same Mile Otter, and it kinda evens out I guess. It's meant to be fun, not stressful, after all ;)
You are right.
@1hopefulman (32446)
I would do what you do. Sometimes we get so many notifications that we could delete some by mistake. Nobody is prefect and so it good to be forgiving.
Yes, we could miss a few - unintentionally.
I bet we have all unintentionally overlooked a comment on here. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just do the best you can.
I'll try. Thanks.
lol I'm sure I've missed quite a few! It can't be helped so I just hope people are understanding! :-)
Judging from the responses, it would seem that I am one of many, so it is possible that most will understand the situation.
@prinzcy (5057)
Sometimes that happens to me too. I am not here 24/7. However I still reply even though it's already days or... months
Months? - never too late really - if the member is still around.
@silvermist (20116)
@Kandae11 Yes,such things do happen.I try to comment on responses even if it is late.I do not mind if somebody forgets to comment on my response.
Yes, we can forget or miss it.
@averygirl72 (16617)
I encounter that sometimes. So I try to respond immediately. It's really embarrasing
It certainly is, especially when the discussion is old.
I do not bother with these type of people.Just carry on
This post is not about those who leave - not very nice comments.I am talking about my failing to respond to a comment on my post.
Same as everyone else said.