Thinking Outside of the Box

Yes, that is where I need to think right now. Outside of the box. I have been packing non-stop for the past 3 hours. And I'm getting to the point where I need some other interaction. So, here I am! I've got the television turned on-for some sound, and I'd like to read some really interesting discussions-lets see what I can find. How is your day going today?
So far very quiet, I am not sure if we are going to do anything today or not but I hope so. Good luck with the packing. How is the house hunt going?
My husband has sent me a couple of links to homes, we don't seem to agree on anything so far. But we'll find something sooner or later.
It's going good. Been busy today away from home, so I'm just getting started here. It's good to take a break and myLot for a little bit before you get back to your packing.
I don't have a lot of packing left, and we're still here for another 7 weeks.
@Juliaacv That's going to feel like an eternity. Have you started looking for your new dream home?
@just4him Yes, we've looked and looked and only agreed on 1 home, which sold the day that we were scheduled to go and tour it. But it wouldn't have been the right home because it was about the same size as our current home, and that isn't down-sizing. We are new at this down sizing concept and its taking us a bit to realize all of it. Our son's fiancé is going to see if her sister has room to store a china cabinet that we offered to give to her. She wants it, but there isn't enough room at our son's place. We have other pieces of furniture that will need to go also.
did you find any to read?
LOL, nothing interesting to read. I've run out of box storage space, so I don't think that I'll be doing much packing this afternoon.
@Juliaacv No books there?
@amadeo Oh yes, there are 2 tote boxes full, but they've been packed already.
So glad you decided to take a break from that packing!!!
Tuesday I started going thru old paperwork. My husband doesn't throw anything out, and although having a bit of a paper trail is a good thing, I found documents dating back to the 90's. So I did a lot of shredding.
@PatZAnthony (13282)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Packing is not an activity anyone enjoys. Good to take a break often!
No it isn't, but the bulk of it is completed, and actually I am running out of space to neatly stack the big boxes and totes. You accumulate a lot of stuff living in a home for 20 plus years.
I remember moving a few years ago and how exhausting and time consuming it was. I swore I'd never move again Today we're having a major snow storm so it's a quiet day here. My grandkids are thrilled they have off from school and will finally be able to use the sleds they got for Christmas
I'm happy that they'll be able to play outside in the snow, that will keep your house quiet for a while too! We've been in this house for 20 1/2 years, so imagine how much "stuff" we've got. I've got the smaller spare bedroom completely filled with boxes and totes, stacked 4 high. I've had to find another spare bedroom to start piling the boxes in.
I am recovering from the flu and trying to get back to my normal routine. It wasn't a bad day
Sometimes you do need to do something a bit different for while.