What is your dream paradise?

Photo credit: Pixabay
@1hopefulman (20372)
It was a cold day. How cold you ask? With the wind chill factor, it was minus 25 Celsius (-13 F). If the skin was exposed for just 30 minutes one could get frostbite. The sidewalks were full of icy spots and some stretches were just pure ice. While waiting for the bus, I found a spot where the wind was calm. I looked towards the sun and despite the cold it felt good. I closed my eyes. My mind travelled to a different location that I named Sunshine Paradise. I imagined what my dream paradise would be. * There was no fear of anyone causing me any harm. Everyone there had no desire of harming anyone. The people were all friendly and interested in my feeling comfortable and welcomed. * I could see and hear children playing and having fun as they jumped and ran and laughed. I was not bothered by them. I was delighted that they were there as they were all very respectful. * The warmth of the sun felt good on my skin. The temperature was comfortable. The slight breeze had a refreshing touch. * I could smell the odour of a variety of scented flowers and other vegetation. I could smell the scents of a variety of fresh ripe fruit. * There was no stress, or anxiety about clothing, food or shelter as I had more than I could ever desire or want. *There was peace, there was love, there were no concerns of any kind. * I turned to my beautiful wife and asked her how she felt and her reply of being fine was like pleasant music to my ears. * In silent prayer, I thanked my Heavenly Father for all his goodness and kindnesses. Then I opened my eyes and glanced to check if the bus was coming and it was just a short distance away. I left my comfortable spot and carefully walked to where the bus would stop. I took comfort in the thought that before too long God will make my every desire come true to an even more delightful condition and degree than I could ever imagine. Psalm 145:16 New International Version (NIV) 16 You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing. 1 Corinthians 2:9 New International Version (NIV) 9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived”— the things God has prepared for those who love him— What do you think of when you dream of paradise?
The beauty of the night is the fact we can dream and see in our dreams what we would love to see in the future. When in the future? We are not the ones who decide.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Yes, we can hope for our dream future but it will come when it comes. But we can dream! That in itself lifts our spirits!
@1hopefulman I agree, we can at least try to imagine how it could be.
@1hopefulman (20372)
@LadyDuck Right! Here it is minus 25 C and it is not my favourite weather. So, I'm imagining a warmer day and I know tat there will be warmer days. I take comfort in that thought.
@Beatburn (3994)
What a wonderful dream it was. You were obviously inspired by your surroundings and by something greater.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Thanks! Yes, there was a greater inspiration. Isn't it really just about what people of good will all want?
@Beatburn (3994)
@1hopefulman Some, because of the suffering they experienced, find it difficult to even think of a heaven.
@1hopefulman (20372)
@Beatburn I undestand that! Visualising the future God promises obedient ones and having faith in it's reality can make the present more bearable. It does for me and many others!
My long cherished dream is already a reality. Yes Solitaire my dream home is up since a few years and giving me a lot of happiness.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Solitaire, that is an interesting name for a house. Why that name?
@1hopefulman Solitaire is a diamond that is set apart
@averygirl72 (14065)
That's a good belief someday God will make our desire come true. My dream paradise will be like yours. Travelling and touring different places and seeing many views is my dream
@1hopefulman (20372)
Yes, there are so many beautiful places in the new earth that we can visit and so many people that we can meet and get to know.
Everything that you listed above.
@1hopefulman (20372)
I guess 'we're sharing the same dream.' Do you know the song where that line is taken from? There are millions that are sharing the dream explained in Matthew 6:10 New International Version (NIV) 10 your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
@suziecat7 (3463)
• Asheville, North Carolina
I see my heaven as a mountain farm - trees and water and lots of animals. Some people too. The Invisible Man is right - difficult question to answer.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Most of the things we desire are what we could have on earth when God's kingdom rules. Jesus taught us to pray for the kingdom to come and for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. The Bible even speaks of the lion and the lamb, the bear and the calf getting along. So, we will not harm the animals, not even eat them and they will eat straw like the bull. Interestingly, there are some vegetables and mushrooms that can be prepared so that they will taste just like meat. No need for the animals to be killed or live in fear. Peace everywhere!
What a difficult question to answer.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Well, what do you like to see?
@1hopefulman Definitely.
@1hopefulman (20372)
@TheInvisibleMan I'm guessing that you have a similar dream paradise to what I describe.
I dream of heaven, a place where everyone gets along, no hate, crime, or violence of any kind and where love abounds.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Yes, heaven is like that! What I describe is the new earth. (Matthew 6:10; 2 Peter 3:13)
@1hopefulman That new earth will not be friendly to fishermen. Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (KJV) However, heaven will be friendly to fishermen. Ezekiel 47:12 and Revelation 22:2 As nice as the new heaven and earth will be, I think I like heaven better. Not that I'm a fisherman, but heaven has something for everyone.
@1hopefulman (20372)
@just4him Are you saying that there is fishing in heaven where God, Jesus and the angels are?
@buenavida (7677)
• Sweden
Thank you for reminding us of the paradise, that will soon be a reality!!
I wrote this poem for you. Whether you believe in the following or not, you may enjoy the thoughts and maybe want to learn more about the proof that this is what will happen. We all long for a better world and I have read about a wonderful future in an ama
@1hopefulman (20372)
Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem about the future God will bless us with!
@buenavida (7677)
• Sweden
@1hopefulman - maybe you remember reading it - it must have been 2010 - Thanks for reading it again!!
@1hopefulman (20372)
@buenavida Yes, It's hard to believe that so many years have gone by since you first posted the poem. Good night!
@kepweng (6388)
nice im Waiting for paradise for a long time ! now and i think it will came in the year 3,000??
@1hopefulman (20372)
Nobody knows when but I think we are not too far away. We have to keep watching.
@1hopefulman (20372)
@kepweng I don't know!
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
I think of a free landscape with beautiful scenery.
@1hopefulman (20372)
In my dream based on God's promises, one day, the whole earth will be beautiful and there will be peace everywhere.
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
@1hopefulman I believed that.
@1hopefulman (20372)
@JustBhem Wonderful!
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
What's the difference between paradise and heaven in the Bible?
@1hopefulman (20372)
That is an interesting and complicated question that would take pages to answer because there are a number of heavens and a number of paradises. The main heaven is where God is. It is a spirit world which is neither physical, nor energy. It is spirit which is a force and substance that is totally different from what we can visualise or understand. A small number of humans will be transformed into spirits and will go to that heaven and become a government that will rule the earth. The main paradise that is of concern to most of us, is an earth transformed into the things I have in my post and more. Some of mankind that lives by God's direction will live in that future earthy paradise and enjoy eternal life in health and prosperity. The Bible is like a puzzle with many pieces that only spiritually hungry, honest, and humble people are helped by God to understand. Luke 10:21-22 New International Version (NIV) 21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do. 22 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.”
@sol_cee (13616)
• Japan
@1hopefulman enlightened. Ruth 2:12
@1hopefulman (20372)
@sol_cee Thank you! That is very kind of you! And I wish you the same. Is Ruth your favourite book?
@syeow1 (4876)
-25 oh my god..Hope you are OK..
@1hopefulman (20372)
I'm ok but I don't spent too much time outside. I go out for about 30 minutes every second day to get some fresh air and spend the rest of the time indoors. I dream of warmer weather. What is your dream paradise?
@syeow1 (4876)
@1hopefulman now a days we have little warm tempeture.
Tropical. I would like warm all the time. Never any cold or snow.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Yes, pleasant weather most of the time with plenty of fresh fruit all year round. Revelation 22:1-2 (King James Version) And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
@salonga (27965)
I dream of heaven, the only perfect place one could ever dream for.
@1hopefulman (20372)
Yes, heaven us perfect! What I describe is the future new earth. (Matthew 6:10; 2 Peter 3:13)
@Teep11 (6530)
I'm afraid Tanikka didn't ask about the weather. Didn't ask about the cold. We'll it's pretty warm in Miami. A lot continue to talk about the snow and weather conditions. Not sure what the dream paradise would be and not sure if sharing such paradise is a good idea.
@1hopefulman (20372)
I'm not sure who this comment is referring to. Who is Tanikka?
@garymarsh6 (12175)
I often day dream about new places to visit. It is nice that it helped pass away the time waiting for your bus!