Water in Dream

I had a weird dream last night. I was in a beach with people that I like (or those who matter to me). I can't remember who they were becausr they seem faceless, but all i know is that they matter to me. We were in the shallow part of the waters when suddenly, one of my friends' slipper floated and was taken afloat along with the wave. I tried to grasp it since it passed right in front of me. But to my surprise, the wave also took me to a deeper part of the waters. I wanted to panic because I can't swim well. But I realized that panicking will drown me. One of my friends shouted, "just relax and kick! Kick towards me!" Then she reached her hand towards me. I did as she said. I didn't think of anything else but to focus on kicking and relaxing. Gladly, she was able to get hold of my hand immediately as soon as my fingertips touched hers. I hugged her tight, thankful that I wasn't dragged by the waves even further. What do you think does my dream mean? Have you had any dreams that involved the waters, like a body of water, as well?
@skysnap (18049)
water in dream shows some issues around usually
Ohh... And I think that's true. I'm going through something rough right now.
@skysnap (18049)
@jainaproudmoore water, snake, fox, etc usually show trouble.
@skysnap uh-oh. That doesn't sound good. Maybe it's a warning?
@LUNAPINK (33)
I'm not sure what it can mean But I've had a dream where I was swimming with my younger siblings and then I had to get them out cuz there was a shark in the water It was so scary , I woke up crying before I could save my both of them, well I at least got one of them out I don't ever want to have a dream like that again ??
I had another water dream last night. I was floating on a shallow water. And a teeny-weeny shark came by.
It could mean a swimming lesson that you will do well in, is in your immediate future . . . My dreams are pretty interesting also and after having studied them for about a year when getting the requirements for a Masters degree in a certain type of psychology, I learned quite a bit of fun and unusual stuff about the 'dream cycles' we live through
Wow! I wish it would really mean being a swimming expert. Do you think it would also mean trouble?
@jainaproudmoore it could if you will be repeating the dream over and over for a few days AND you are accompanied by an uneasy feeling that alerts something may be wrong . . .
@enlightenedpsych2 oh my, that's usually what happens. I get water in dream for several nights and it feels disturbing, but I can't pinpoint why.
@ANAYAtair (131)
Yeah.. I too have dreams regarding water... Falling into water body...screaming aloud..shouting for help...trying to swim....falling into a whirlpool...etc etc.. I am afraid of water....to much extent... And I can't swim....maybe.. That's why I have dreams like that... Maybe... The same thing is happening to u?!
I am not that afraid of water though. But whenever I dream of any body of water, something awful happens
@Nawsheen (22953)
• Mauritius
I heard that dreaming of water is associated with emotions