I Drove Yesterday

http://www.bettervisionguide.com/driving-age-related-macular-degeneration/
I drove yesterday. It was the first time I have driven since September. My son had forgotten my eye appointment and had fallen asleep. So, I assured him that I thought I'd be okay and asked him to give me my key. I also messaged him when I got there and walked through his apartment when I got back. It was a 5-mile drive (one way), but I was fine. I don't have any restrictions on my license and the acuity in my right eye has improved to 20/40. So, I am going to start daylight driving again. But, I won't try nighttime without another licensed driver sitting beside me. That is a promise that I have not just made to myself. I have promised my loved ones as well. But, don't you love the feeling of freedom you get when you finally go out for a drive alone after being sick?
@PatZAnthony (11726)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We know some people who have never driven a car. Can't believe they don't want to learn! Yes, freedom is one feeling you get when you drive.
I'm from Philly, Dad lived in NYC, and Aunt Patti lived in DC. I know countless people who have bever driven a car. But, that's understandable up there, where public transportation is much better.
@PatZAnthony (11726)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Chellezhere As someone who likes to travel by car, when ready to hit the road, driving is a must. There is some transportation here, but does not go everywhere.
@PatZAnthony I know. I used to live in Hickory and work in Statesville. So, I am familiar with Charlotte. :)
I sold my car when my hands began to tremble. It´s not so much, but I´m afraid.
I understand. I still have mine, in part, because my son lives in the apartment below me. He uses the car as well. Besides, I get rides a lot easier when I offer to let people drive my car instead of theirs.
@Chellezhere That´s so right!
Great! I am happy that you could do it on your own.
Thanks. Thankfully, I only had to make two left turns. So, I was able to stay to the right, in case I needed to pull over.