Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos And Identity Theft

It is hard for me to have sympathy for Guadalupe Garcia de Rayos, who is being deported after years of being here without proper documents. I understand that she is was brought here as a teen but Identity theft is not a minor crime. She is being portrayed as an innocent victim but what about the problem of using a Fake Social Security Card/ Number to work? Using the false Documents equates to Identity theft. As such it is not a victim less crime. If someone used your Social Security Card to work it would end up affecting your taxes, credit rating and potentially even your freedom! When a Social Security Number is used it has to be an active one in order to work which means that it is likely that someone else has that number. Any document used has association with someone. If you have been a victim of Identity Fraud you know the problems it causes. I ask you what you think: Is it acceptable to steal an identity to stay in a Country Illegally? Is it wrong to enforce the law rather than over look it to accommodate someone trying to live in your country?
The battle over whether a woman living in the Valley for more than 20 years should have been sent back to Mexico all began with the crime she committed in 2008. Nearly a decade ago, Guadalupe Garc...
I have no sympathy in this case. She is being punished according to her crime.
@TiarasOceanView Isn't it interesting that the media is trying to blame everyone but the person who did the crime.
@Berniezeitler The Left are violent loonies, and it is disgusting the lengths they will go to to protect common criminals.
it's not acceptable at all.but the bleeding hearts seem to think we should let them do whatever they want.all i know is if i broke any laws,you wouldn't see the ACLU battering down any doors to rescue me.
@scarlet_woman Nor would the media be trying to blame someone else to defend you.
I am all for enforcing the law. Ms. Rayos is here illegally and has committed a crime, so it is fair that breaking laws in a country has consequences.
It is a crime, she knew it was illegal. There have been methods set up to be here legally.I know if it was my identity I would definitely want something done. She is being deported, I like to believe that is better than being locked up and forced to pay restitution.
@GardenGerty That's a good point! She isn't being forced to pay for her damages through Incarceration and restitution.
@Berniezeitler Um...she was incarcerated for her crimes and did time...and she should have been deported as soon as her time was done...but she did indeed 'pay for her damages'
@JolietJake Please share the report of her incarceration and payment for harm to others who were affected to the extent that she was prevented from continuing the fraud which is why she was still working when she was deported.
If she did this in 2008, what has she been doing since then to stay here? Just curious...
@JolietJake It isn't what she has been doing but what the law has not been doing. She also apparently has been voting which is yet another problem. She could have applied for legal citizenship before it happened but rather than do that she continued to use illegal methods. FYI she was only caught in 2008. She had been doing this for years before.
@Berniezeitler I see none of that mentioned in the article you linked...
@JolietJake It has been all over the media outlets. I only wanted to discuss the local report.
All I can say to that is desperate people do desperate things. She may not have done this if she thought she had alternatives.
@snowy22315 She knew she had alternatives. She was already in contact with ICE and prior to this she can't claim ignorance can she? Stealing someones Identity is not done blindly.
I wish, if she'd wanted to be legal (and came as a kid, so wouldn't have been responsible then), it would have been possible for her to get that citizenship, that process needs sped up and streamlined I think
Identity theft is a serious crime and it's horrible for the victim.
@syeow1 (4909)
Crime is crime either it's big or not.