Career growth for a woman? How important it is?

By RK
@ragikutty (2462)
Kerala, India
I am 31 and married for 6 years. I completed my 7th year work anniversary today. I have been doing same work over these years and was feeling really bad about it. This year our company is finally really growing well and there is chances I can have a career growth within 2 years. Here comes the problem, every working women faces. Should I just leave my job aside and think about extending our family ( as I plan not to work after having babies) or should I look forward for the career growth I have been waiting all these years?
@shaynas (5535)
It should be solely your own choice! Do what you feel is important for you!
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
I don't know what should I feel.
@shaynas (5535)
@ragikutty If you don't mind, May i ask why don't you want to work after baby? If you ask me, i want to have both.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
@shaynas When I was small both my parents were working and i had to be left with neighbours or aunt's places when they went to work. I missed those bonds children have with their parents. I wish to have the bond with my child that I missed.
Be careful, that is the best advice I can give to you. As we get older, it becomes harder to find employment.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
I know. None wants to employee a mother or lady about 30.
@ragikutty Yes I 100% agree with you!. I had to care for my mother and father and my handicap brother , I made huge plans with my life. How after my duties with them is done I will get a job. I was so wrong. At 41, we are rejected. I had to beg , cry and humiliate myself to get an interview this Monday. Is that bad.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
@ProductPromoter I totally understand. And really I hope you found out your job successfully.
@syeow1 (4876)
If your husband earns that much in which he cares for you and child then it's better to leave because Childrens of working women faces a lot of diffculties. They did not get better care.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
I know that because both my parents were working when I was small. That's why I decided I will quit job when we have baby. But with hubby's salary alone, managing everything wouldnt be that easy either.
@syeow1 (4876)
@ragikutty oh that is diffcult.
@sans224 (1835)
both are equally important. but as its been 6 years i think family should be given first choice. i hope there are many choices even if you take a break. as you completed 7 years in your work i think a little break dont harm. as you are 31 i think you should think of family first.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
Many elders says so. But none of us I mean and my husband, doesn't feels like that.
Maybe you should consider having a baby. The older you get the harder it is to have a baby.
@ragikutty (2462)
• Kerala, India
That's what the elders are saying. But I can't make a decision