What Pizza Toppings Do You Prefer?

I learned recently that some of the top ten pizza toppings are pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, olives and peppers, which are my favorites. However, in some countries the favorite toppings are much different. For instance, in Japan, some like squid and cabbage and fried eggs. In Russia, they like sardines, mackerel, tuna and salmon. In Brazil, they prefer peas, quail eggs, raisins and beets. In Great Britain, they like haggis (made from sheep organs) and black chili jam, which I have no idea what that is. In India, they like chicken tandoori, paneer (cottage cheese) and pickled ginger. One pizza, that was VERY expensive had Norwegian lobster, buffalo mozzarella, and three types of caviar and it was sprinkled with pink sea salt from the Murray River in Australia. ($12,000 was the price!) Yikes! What do you like on your pizza? Or do you even eat pizza?
• Denmark
Should you ever have the opportunity of going to Naples, Italy, where pizza was born, you should order a Pizza Margherita and you'll understand why this is *the* one and only pizza and all other kinds are aberrations.
I think that Napolitans are right, they should call all the other "things" with another name, but not pizza.
@MALUSE I would love to try it. I DO like my pizza.
@LadyDuck I see what you mean. But, PIZZA is ingrained now in the USA, for sure. No one is going to call it by another name at this point in time, I'm sure.
I prefer my pizza to just have cheese but occasionally will add pepperoni (nothing fancy for me)
My grandson, who is 15, just wants cheese pizza.
@nomus24g (18461)
smoked chicken
I have a friend who likes barbecued chicken on her pizza. I tried it, but I'm not much for barbecue. It was OK.
@msiduri (5777)
@nomus24g For some reason, when I first your post, I read it as "smoked children." I guess you must not eat much pizza.
@nomus24g (18461)
@msiduri I suggest you NOT to eat much of them, else you will keep mistaking chicken for children
I am a vegetarian and love mushrooms and black olives on my pizzas.
Yes, I like those two toppings too. But, I DO like my pepperoni.
• Denmark
@Corbin5 Pizza Margherita is for you: tomatoes and mozzarella.
@MALUSE I do like tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. I'll have to see if any of the PIZZA restaurants have a Margherita Pizza on their menu. It sounds good to me.
@Samia786m (514)
Peppers is my favourite topping.
I like peppers too, on my pizza. Most of the time though, I order pepperoni.
@syeow1 (4844)
$12000 oh my god.i have just need of $10000 for that I am trying a lot.yes I like pizza alot..
Yes, $12,000. Only the very rich could afford that pizza.
@syeow1 (4844)
@IreneVincent what should I do..Why I become rich.hope one day when I become rich I will buy one for you.
@syeow1 Oh that would be nice. Ha Ha. If I become rich I will buy one for you.
Yes I like pizza a lot. But prefer the four cheese kind.
OK Lots of cheese. Sounds good to me.
@IreneVincent The four cheeses gives the pizza a unique flavor.
@Susan2015 Yes, it does. I've eaten the four cheese pizza. It's really good.
I believe in the saying, variety is the spice of life. I make my own pizza although have not done it for some time now.
Yes everyone has different tastes.
@EddieHands (35485)
meow i like combo toppings. But mushrooms are my fav meow
I like mushrooms too but my youngest son does not
I like double Mozarella cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms and sometimes anchovies.
Anchovies NO. I tried them once on a homemade pizza and ended up throwing the entire pizza away.
• Riga, Latvia
The toppings you first mentioned are among my favorites. However it is expensive to order pizza here and one pizza can make the difference between one meal or a trip for groceries. So if I want pizza I make my own with whatever toppings I have on hand.
Pizza is not that expensive here, I don't think.
• Richfield, Utah
Papa Johns veggie pizza, love the big chunks of portobello mushrooms, yummmm
Yes papa johns is usually what we order but there are lots of pizza restaurants here to choose from
I am Italian and I fully agree with @MALUSE, people should find another name for those "crusts" topped with plenty of ingredients that nothing have in common with a real pizza.
I'm sure you are right. I'd love to taste a "real pizza." I do like what they call the Mediterranean Pizza, with feta cheese and spinach. I order that sometimes.
I am a nothing fancy cheese and pepperoni person.
That's good for me too. But, sometimes I like veggies too.
@msiduri (5777)
@IreneVincent BTW, this discussion it posted three times. My guess it the site it giving you fits. But it really is here.
OH dear. I was having problems with it because I was trying to post a photo of pizza and it kept saying "error." I only see it posted one time, but thanks for the heads up. I don't know how to remove the duplicate posts.
@msiduri (5777)
Well, I'll forgo the sheep organs and pink sea salt. Maybe next time. My favorite toppings are garlic and basil.
Yes, I agree. Some of those toppings were pretty weird, in my humble opinion. But, to each his own, I always say.
Those are some interesting toppings in some countries. Most of them I would pass on. I am not a fish eater so some of them make me go ew lol I like ground beef, bacon, salami, pepperoni, mushrooms, peppers and green and black olives.
www.
I don't like fish either, but some people LOVE fish. My brothers do. Not me.
Cheese is a classic! I love it!
I usually get pepperoni
@IreneVincent It's a good option too.
@TheInvisibleMan Yeah! Pepperoni is my favorite. I also make pepperoni rolls at home. My kids and grandkids love my pepperoni rolls.
Yes, I like pizza and prefer US traditional toppings. I like either a lot of meat or vegetable toppings. However, I do like ham and pineapple or spinach and broccoli on a pizza.
I have tried the ham and pineapple and its good. I like spinach on the Mediterranean style pizza. I've never had broccoli though.
• Marion, Kansas
I like bacon, chicken, ranch pizza, but I also want spinach and mushrooms on it.I like most pizzas that have "American" traditional toppings.