Made some progress this morning

My housekeeping skills are generally lacking. My home is not gross or disgusting, but always in some sort of chaos. This morning I got to work. I am only allowing myself a short break before I continue. I have cleaned up the stove and counters in the kitchen. The floors swept and mopped. My dining room table cleared and cleaned. The dining room floor vacuumed. I still have a lot more to do, but the progress is motivating.
Nice that you are getting things accomplished. It is a good feeling.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is awesome! Cleaning is one thing that will help someone out a lot and keep them less stressed. Keep up the good work!
@Platespinner (17027)
I think the most frustrating thing about housework is that no matter how thorough you are within 24 hours it usually looks like nothing was ever done. At least that's how it usually plays out around here!
It's about 5 minutes later with young kids that it gets destroyed.
@Morethanamom House work is like bathing. You just have to do it again tomorrow.
@paigea isn't that the truth!
I need to follow your example and get off this couch. My back will feel better and my house will feel better.
My back was bothering me after cleaning the counters(too much standing up straight). Once I moved to the dining room and living room it calmed down.
@Morethanamom Switching up tasks is the best thing for my back. ( I am not young.) I did not get far today. Started too many things and completed none. But it was a lovely day for the laundry to smell fresh after being hung outside. (In February, In Alberta!)
@Morleyhunt (20261)
It's always easier to keep going when we can see the progress. Good job. Keep it up.
It certainly is. The kids were playing upstairs while I did this, so they weren't immediately undoing everything. They didn't even make a big mess upstairs either.
@Morleyhunt (20261)
@Morethanamom that was a bonus. Usually when you get one area tidied, they've trashed another corner.
Good for you! You will feel so good after it is all done.
I do want to get a head start on my spring cleaning. And then get in a better routine for keeping it clean.
@sishy7 (27608)
Oh yes, I know what you mean... It's nice to see some progress and it does make us want to do more, actually... Well done!