I finished watching the entire season in one go

@Madshadi (3127)
Brussels, Belgium
This morning I found an incredibly amusing series on Netflix called "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency". I was attracted to the title and because it has a good actor, so I decided to watch it. It was so amusing that I couldn't stop and leave some for tomorrow. The season had 12 episodes. I started watching at about 9:30 am - I took several breaks (breakfast, bathroom, laundry...etc) - and managed to finish it all by 4pm. There doesn't seem to be season 2 although the story end was not completed. I hope they will make season 2. This is the second best series I watched on Netflix after "Stranger Things" I hope you are all having a nice and relaxing Sunday
@dragon54u (31298)
I watched that as it aired and really liked it at first. Then I got kind of impatient for them to connect some things and make some kind of sense of it all. Finally, they did! After that it was much more enjoyable and I really liked the series. I hope they have a season 2. It's way out there whacky but I like things like that. I know some Dr. Who fans who like Dirk Gently, too, the shows seem to have a spirit in common (besides the British accent).
@Madshadi (3127)
• Brussels, Belgium
I haven't watched Dr. Who because Netflix only has later series and I want to watch it from the beginning. I agree with you that it gets better as they start connecting things.
@dragon54u (31298)
@Madshadi If you want to watch Dr. Who from the beginning you'll have to go back to the 60s!! I watched a few episodes in the 70s and was so pleased to see it in 2012 with David Tenant (who married the daughter of the actor who played the 5th Doctor!) as the 10th Doctor. It was easy to pick it up and become completely engaged in it. I hope you will watch some of the later series, they are great. You can always go back to the earliest ones and you'll enjoy them just as much--I do!
@Madshadi (3127)
• Brussels, Belgium
@dragon54u oh that doesn't seem like something I will enjoy. I don't like shows in white and black. I didn't know that this series is so old. What if I start watching from modern seasons, would I miss a lot? Or do I have to go back to the 60's to get the story?
@nomus24g (15979)
that's an achievement :)
@Madshadi (3127)
• Brussels, Belgium
I believe so lol. But now I regret that I didn't leave anything for another time
@nomus24g (15979)
@Fishmomma (11569)
I haven't watched it, but did chuckle about the binge watching. That is how I watched Stranger Things. Season 2 of Stranger Things is suppose to be released October 31, 2017. I love Dr Who and have been watching a long time. The Doctor on now will be leaving at the end of the season. I'll really miss him.
@Madshadi (3127)
• Brussels, Belgium
That's good news about Stranger Things. It would be a pity for such a good show like that not to have another season.
@Nawsheen (22857)
• Mauritius
Once I find a new series which seems very pleasing to me, I will try to my best to watch all the seasons very quickly. I will try to see if i watch the series you mentioned. I kinda like detective movies
@Madshadi (3127)
• Brussels, Belgium
It's a very interesting show. To watch it all in short period would be challenging though
That really is a marathon. I haven't heard of this show.
@Madshadi (3127)
• Brussels, Belgium
If you like mystery and comedy I strongly recommend it