Watching THE Grammys

@FourWalls (12882)
It's about four hours until the TV show starts, but THE Grammys are streaming live on the Grammys website. This is where 73 of the 84 nominated categories get their awards. Think about that for a moment. Why are you being restricted from seeing all of the awards? Or even a third of the awards?? They are showing a whopping thirteen per cent of the nominated categories on TV tonight!!! The Grammy show -- that three-hour thing that will be on TV tonight -- is apparently not about the music. It's about the ratings. And, although there have been some big name winners (John Williams won another Grammy for another Star Wars soundtrack, and David Bowie won a posthumous award), CBS thinks you don't care about these. Otherwise, you wouldn't have to follow Twitter or go to an online live feed to see it.
I have never watched the Grammys and only seen a few clips. I have always thought it a farce not to be taken seriously filled with ridiculous winners over the decades. Perhaps there is a greater rate of getting it "right" in the "lesser" categories. I know you are rooting for Robbie Fulks.
@FourWalls (12882)
What, you mean Jethro Tull really isn't heavy metal??? My biggest issue is the Milli Vanilli fisaco. They stripped them of their Grammy because it wasn't the guys pictured on the cover of the album singing. And yet, they did, and still do, award people who use Auto Tune. Why?
@FourWalls The Stones only got a lifetime achievement Grammy. New artists of the year like Debby Boone and Starland Vocal Band.
Yes, just teasing you with a few awards to get you to watch the entire show. It will be interesting to see if the ratings drop this time around due to so many not wanting to hear the political views of far too many.
GO ROBBIE!
@FourWalls (12882)
He didn't win either category. Vince Gill got the American Roots Song award for "Kid Sister," the song he wrote about Dawn Sears in the Time Jumpers; and -- as Robbie predicted -- Sarah Jarosz won the folk album.
Sarah Jarosz's acoustic performance of "Ring Them Bells" for Vanguard and Sugar Hill Record's The Americana Sessions recorded and taped at Minutia Studios in...
@FourWalls (12882)
@teamfreak16 -- you'd be thrilled with Sturgill Simpson. In accepting his "country album of the year" Grammy (he's an outsider, doesn't look or sing like all those bro-country, manufactured mainstream people), he said, "I guess the revolution will not be televised." Three cheers from you.
@FourWalls - Vince Gill? It was rigged. Well that sucks, I was really hoping he'd win. (I used to have a CD by a really talented saxophonist named Warren Hill. Smooth jazz, but really good. Vince Gill did a song on there that I actually liked. But I'll take Robbie everytime.)
Not watching this, I saw a list of who was up for the grammy and no one I really want to see.
@FourWalls (12882)
I'm not watching the TV show, either. What I watched was the live streaming of the 70-some-odd awards handed out before the show. These are the talented artists CBS apparently doesn't want anyone to see.
@FourWalls Most of the time I miss the Grammys and most of the other award shows.
@FourWalls (12882)
Guess what show I have never ever watched and never ever will?
@FourWalls (12882)
Um.....The Genius of Pauly Shore ?? My other guess would be something that starts with "G" and rhymes with "yammy."
I want to watch some performances, but I definitely won't watch the entire ceremony.
@jesroash (763)
I'm looking forward to watching it the first time. I have only seen a few segments of it before! can't wait!