I made these…

@sishy7 (27255)
Australia
# 57 When I decided to try making these chocolate truffles, I was only prompted by how simple and easy it looked from a very short video I saw about making them. I didn’t really have Valentine’s Day in mind. Only when my son asked if that was the reason I made them I realized how easily these would be associated with Valentine’s Day... Anyway, I’m pleased to say these were indeed very easy to make. Well, I was a lot messier than the lady in the video during the process but I believe the taste may not be too far off than the ones the lady made – after all, the main ingredients were just Oreo cookies and cream cheese, plus I followed the instructions to the t. I played the video over and over, pausing here and there every so often making sure I caught the details and followed them correctly. Ha! Presentation… well, it’s not perfect but I tried my best… My novice hands couldn’t exactly get uniformed size and shape of chocolate balls rolled. They came out very uneven and messy when I covered half of rolled balls in melted dark chocolate and the other half in melted white chocolate. The last step was decorating the top of the truffles with melted chocolate and it looked so easy in the video… As you can see in my picture, I need a lot of practice!
How they look it does not matter, the taste is what counts and practice will help to make them perfect the next time.
@DaddyEvil (22343)
That's very similar to what I said, too, Anna! Great minds think alike! Actually, I hope your mind is not going where mine has been on sishy's discussion! (I consider the comments I've been leaving funny... I am hoping others think they were funny, too!)
@DaddyEvil I had missed your comment but now I have scrolled all the comments and I found it. I see that Gill found the comment funny, I hope all the others think the same. As I do not like Oreo cookies I am surely not try to make those balls, but I would love to make some chocolate truffles.
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@LadyDuck Thank you, Anna! I like both Oreo cookies and chocolate truffles. I've made faux Oreos but haven't tried making chocolate truffles. The problem with making chocolate truffles is the cost of the truffles! (and keeping the truffles fresh enough to have good flavor!) It is just not worth the money to me. I might be willing to make fake chocolate truffles, though.
@DaddyEvil (22343)
I have several comments I REALLY want to make to this discussion, hon... but maybe I should stick to the most pertinent comments and leave the uhm... alternative comments for someone else or at a later place in the discussion... I have always been told the proof is in the taste. How do your balls taste? (and another place I can't comment as I want, so be warned, I am storing these comments up for later!not MUCH later, but later, nonetheless! ) Believe me, sishy, I have paid for chocolate truffles that looked exactly like the ones you have displayed for us! (Quite a few dollars, as a matter of fact!!! This is not a joke and I am not teasing you!) Okay, I hope you are ready for this (VERY evil grin!!) I never could keep my balls exactly smooth and exactly the same shape, but I am also not willing to subject them to very much pressure, either! I've also never tried tasting my balls to see if they taste just like the ones you have made there, sishy! (I can tell you I am very willing to allow someone else to taste them and compare the flavors, though! Any volunteers? I did warn you, you know!) LMFAO! Okay, now my face hurts from grinning so much and I am completely out of breath from laughing so hard! (This can't be good, right? giggling, now!)
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
I would need to see a photo of your balls.
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@Gillygirl Uhm... just a photo, though? Or is this the prelude to requesting my address?
How many ingredients? Just oreos and cream cheese? =) Looks really good!
@sishy7 (27255)
4 if we count the dark and white chocolate too - can't get any simpler than that, can we?
@sishy7 oh i see! sounds very simple =)
@sishy7 (27255)
@infatuatedbby Yeah, I only do simple and easy stuff in the kitchen.
I first look at the ingredients and that will tell me if the finished product is tasty. Yours will be sure tasty.
@sishy7 (27255)
I was really attracted by how simple this recipe sounded using easy-to-find and tasty ingredients.
@sishy7 I also prefer simple recipes using tasty ingredients.
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@allknowing Happy Valentine's Day, Always smiling!
@Yadah04 (2931)
Those looked delish.
@sishy7 (27255)
Thank you... They really do taste like... chocolate truffles!
@Yadah04 (2931)
@sishy7 i wish i am able to do that. But then, there is hope. I am reading lots of baking stuff and i hope i could start baking sooner than later.
@sishy7 (27255)
@Yadah04 You can do it! These are really easy, I'm not even sure it's qualified as 'baking' as my son pointed out to me that I didn't even have to put anything in the oven in the process...
I bet they are delish!
@sishy7 (27255)
Yeah, they don't taste too bad at all...
@sishy7 That's the important part!
@Platespinner (18484)
Good job! I bet they taste divine!
@sishy7 (27255)
Thanks! When I saw oreos and cream cheese were the only two main ingredients I already imagined these would be tasty.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
You did a nice job considering it was your first time they look scrumptious.
@sishy7 (27255)
Thank you! Yeah, I'm quite happy with my first efforts on this.
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@Gillygirl That's exactly what I thought, too! (I did tell sishy I've paid for truffles that looked just like the ones she made! IDK if they taste the same, but looks, yeah!) Actually, I told sishy more than that, but you will have to take it upon yourself to read my response. I didn't stay on the straight and narrow! You have been warned!
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
@DaddyEvil I did read your response and made an appropriate comment.
@shaynas (5561)
They look yummy. You did a great job as first timer
@sishy7 (27255)
Thank you! The look may not be too pretty, but once we bite on them, they're actually not too bad for one with a sweet tooth...
@shaynas (5561)
@sishy7 The look is good too
Your attempt at truffles came out pretty nice I think. I bet they taste delicious!!
@sishy7 (27255)
Thank you! I find that the longer I leave them in the fridge, the better they taste...
@mysdianait (63977)
Looks like I am late and there are probably none left to taste now but, as you said you will be pratising to get them the right shape, then maybe I can be fiorst on the list to taste the next batch? They really do look delicious and as I read through some of the responses/comments here my mouth was already watering! p.s. you are at the top of the hot list with these too!
@sishy7 (27255)
By its 12th hour I led on top and hot! (hoping DE does not see this...) Well, you know why I've made it to the top of the lists... it's because you didn't start a new discussion around the same time I did... I've been enjoying my 15-minute of fame (or would it be more like 12 hours?) so much so that I've conveniently saved a screen shot for my next post!
@DaddyEvil (22343)
Happy Valentine's Day, MysD!
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@sishy7 I, very carefully, DID notice, AND took a screenshot of what you just said, sishy! (How could I pass that one up? LMFAO!)
Are you taking any orders ? Hey, that's pretty good! I've never had a hand in making chocolate candies except for melting chocolate and sticking them in molds (not really making chocolate to me). Yah, I could see how these would be perfect for Valentine's Day. But is there any left for Valentine's Day?
@sishy7 (27255)
I probably should, but I really need to practice on the presentation.
@DaddyEvil (22343)
You did notice, @much2say, that @sishy7 didn't answer your question as to the fate of her balls in question, right? SMH! That non-response gives me a very good idea about what the response would be!
@sishy7 (27255)
@DaddyEvil Doesn't look like there will be any left by tomorrow... So there! I answered!
@silvermist (15823)
@sishy7 Chocolates for Valentine's day is nice though you did not intend it to be like that.I would have liked to see your messy look after making the chocolate.
@sishy7 (27255)
Oh, my face and my hands were not too messy, but my kitchen was...
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@silvermist I would just like to see the real sishy, for once! It doesn't matter to me if she is messy or just out of her bath. (Hmmm.... I wasn't intending that to carry a double meaning, but am leaving it in case anyone laughs! I am willing to bet she and I would both blush if I saw her straight out of her bath! ) I am just full of it this morning, silvermist! (You might look at what I've written elsewhere on this discussion and try to avoid me for a while. That is just a suggestion with your dignity in mind.... of course, if you place yourself in my path, I might splatter a bit of my wit on you, too! grinning and teasing you!)
@sishy7 (27255)
@DaddyEvil You sure are on a roll this morning... What did you have for breakfast?
I'm sure they'll taste just fine. Do they have Oreo biscuits in Australia? I'm guessing they must have.
@sishy7 (27255)
Yes, Woolworths have them...
@sishy7 I rarely go into Woolworths but I do love truffles. Maybe I could come out of my cooking 'retirement' and make some truffles.
@sishy7 (27255)
It's very easy @JudyEv ... You know I don't do anything in the kitchen if it's not simple and easy...
Great job ! its look really tasty, do you intends to make another taste?
@sishy7 (27255)
Thanks! I made the chocolate cover in two different flavors, dark and white chocolate... I suppose I could try it with milk chocolate too... As far as the truffle's taste, I'm tempted to try with different flavors of oreos. I used the original because that's what the recipe called for... I wonder how it would taste if I use oreos with chocolate, strawberry, or even peanut butter creme.
@sishy7 oh yeah its gonna be nice, after i learn the recipe i always try to do something different and sometimes i create good new things. Please when you try show us the result :)
@sishy7 (27255)
@sushimi Sure! Hey, welcome to myLot, by the way! I hope you'll enjoy your stay on here...
It's amazing that four simple ingredients can make something so yummy. I had to laugh when you said you made a mess. I do, too, when I bake or work with melted chocolate. I will try to make those, too, but just for home. I, too, believe that practice makes perfect. Kind of! Ha ha!
@sishy7 (27255)
I have a feeling it will take a LOT of practice for me to perfect some dainty swirls or tiny hearts, or what not on those truffles...
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@sishy7 @DianneN I sure hope you let your hubby and the boys help you eat some of them, sishy... LOL! I can just see a beautiful blimp walking around, still eating them and deciding another flavor Oreo is needed in yet another taste test! (giggling and teasing at you!) She could share them with us, huh, Dianne? LOL!
@DaddyEvil Lol! I would hope she would!!!!
They look so yummy..!! When it comes to chocolates .. they are meant to melt anyway.. so shape does not matter.. :D.. i love experimenting with food.. my little one loves anything chocolaty.. i should try this.. :)
@sishy7 (27255)
They're very easy to do and only 4 ingredients needed... Oh, in case you'd like to use the in-house emoticons and have not found them yet, they're hidden under the blue 'myLot Code' link below the posting box...
@sishy7 ya i read through the post.. i will give it a try.. ya i missed the emoticons.. Thank you so much.. i had been wondering how u all do that..
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@Triplem984 Welcome to myLot, TripleM! I do hope you start making friends here as you earn your pennies on this site! Good luck!
@magallon (17367)
Practice makes perfect. Maybe you can have the perfect product the next time you do it.. It looks yummy ..
@sishy7 (27255)
Yeah, it's supposed to be some pretty swirls and such but turned out to be just big blobs or what looked like a 2-year old scrawls and doodles on top...
@magallon (17367)
@sishy7 It still looks great. Your son would love to eat them too.
@sishy7 (27255)
@magallon Thanks! Yeah, I made some with white chocolate for one of my sons who doesn't like chocolate...
Ya done good Lucy ..... er, ummm, Sishy ..... they're edible and who cares what chocolate looks like as long as we can eat it, right?
@sishy7 (27255)
I Love Lucy! Now you're making me giggling as I'm remembering all those funny episodes when she's always making a mess in the kitchen...
So glad I could make you giggle @sishy7
@DaddyEvil (22343)
@rebelann Hmmm... I love making sishy giggle, too, Ann... (I am pretty sure you already know that!) If you are in the mood for a giggle yourself, you could go up this thread to my box and start reading it... I've made some suggestions and ask for volunteers in different places here! )
• Lakewood, Colorado
Wow sishy! Those look really divine. What hard work to make them. I am sure I would make mistakes and a big mess. They are presented so beautifully.
@sishy7 (27255)
Thank you! Yes, it's easy to get messy when melted chocolate is involved...
• Lakewood, Colorado
@sishy7 Welcome friend.