A bottomless short

@stbrians (15899)
Kakamega, Kenya
That lad strolled effortlessly down the winding path to school. The path had been dug by water and it was like walking in a trench. On each side of the road grew long grass wet with dew. The boy was drenching wet. In one hand he carried his books and he held some firewood, cowdung and water. It was Friday and the incremented floor of their classrooms were to be smeered with cowdung He was already late for school and he will be punished. He had to collect cowdung from the cattle kraal which was some distance. As he sauntered to the school gate he could hear the booming voice of Mr. Sasi who was on duty. A chill of fear ran down his spine. He plucked enough courage and moved on. The TOD was busy caning late comers. Soon his turn reached. He was to bend over to receive canes on his buttocks. His shorts were torn around those areas credit of sliding down a valley on a banana stem. This was a game they enjoyed after school. He had to get the canes on bare buttocks. No inner pants were won in those days. (A true story. The author is the boy with the bottomless shorts)
@atoz1to10 (6817)
And where is this boy with the bottomless shorts now? Is he an older man now?
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
The one writing this and commenting on your response is that boy
@atoz1to10 (6817)
@stbrians I'm sorry. I read the last line but I was too slow to think it was you...
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@atoz1to10 Long time memories
I read your story here and the comments below. I understand that this boy was you. That is brutal for you to be caned like that. But I know times have changed now for the good. Why was there have to be cowdung on the floor many years ago?
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Cowdung cemented on floors avoided dust in the classrooms. Firewood was used for cooking
@stbrians I see, I get it now Eagle. Yes the firewood also. Thanks for explaining it to me.
@stbrians (15899)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@TiarasOceanView Great men are made of weak background too