What are your reading goals for 2017?

Last week I got to open my Goodreads account again after like forever. I haven't been active at Goodreads since I failed to accomplish my reading goals a few years ago. I know it's not a good way to deal with it, but at that time it was hard for me to accept the fact that I no longer can read as often as I used to. Many circumstances contribute to the major change. I'm okay with that now. I just read whenever I get some free time. Did I sign up for another reading challenge at Goodreads? No, I didn't. But in my mind, my goal is to finish at least one book in 4-6 weeks. I think that's being kind to myself. ;o) Do you have any reading goals or challenge to fulfill?
@Beatburn (3959)
Haven't really thought about it. I'm currently trying to finish a novel but it's taking a while.
@rina110383 (24065)
At least 1 book a month.
@dramagirl26 (3319)
• Ringgold, Virginia
My goal for this year is to read at least 75 books. I also want to read a variety of genres and read some big name authors I've never read before.
Wow, that's a lot of books. Good luck, Carol!
• Ringgold, Virginia
@almostoveryou Thanks! I don't know if I'll reach it or not, but I want to get more active with reading since I didn't do much last year.
@iridion9 (11072)
I need to review PHP documents. Because I need to retake the exam of PHP. I need ot pass this time lol
Good luck on your exams!! I hope you make it.
@JustBhem (45984)
• Davao, Philippines
Not at the moment. My goal is to stay more here in mylot and read and interact.
@Tina30219 (37378)
• Onaway, Michigan
I would like to see 120 books by end of the year on book 14 right now. Last year I read 109 books and set my goal for 100 and beat it.
That is so awesome! I wish I could pull something like that. Maybe when my kids are grown and my husband and I can already afford to sit quietly and relaxed in the morning and just read our books and magazines. :o) Thanks for sharing your goals and feats!
@Tina30219 (37378)
• Onaway, Michigan
@almostoveryou Thanks I try hard in my goals. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies as you can tell I got my daughter liking it like me.
@responsiveme (18023)
No reading goals.But I can't do without a book. Am reading "The Casual Vacancy"...J K Rowling right now.
How do you find the Rowling book, so far? It doesn't seem to appeal to me as I'm still trapped in that idea of Rowling writing only about Harry Potter. But I'd like to read that book someday.
@almostoveryou I've just started it...she has a gift for describing people and so far all of the characters seem to be ones with problems. Certainly not the magical world of Harry Potter. But then the Harry Potter books also dealt with real human issues and personal failures.
Nice. I didnt know you could set reading goals on Goodreads. I should do that. I used to win their books all the time. Are the goals like a certain number of books per year? Ive read 15 since the first of January which is way above average for me. What is your goal?
Yes, you set a number of books to read in one year. I think for this year I listed only about 10 (golly, I'll have to log in again and check). But definitely less than 12 as I can't afford to finish one book for at least a month.