How to Celebrate Valentine's Day Alone?

It has been 2 years that I don't have a special someone to celebrate this special day. I basically celebrate by my own way. I just buy flowers to my dear mother and have a special dinner date with her. I am not alone after all. If ever there's no other person to celebrate with, then it is fine to have snacks in front of TV and watch your favorite TV series. If things are getting lonely, then it is about time to visit some close friends who experienced break up with their respective partners. How about you guys? Any ideas how to celebrate this special day? Image Credit: pixabay.com
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
Its not only for lovers... You can enjoy with your loved once , like parents, siblings, even with friends...
@tom_view (2530)
• Kolkata, India
that is what we should not forget
@amandajay It is really good to celebrate with our loved ones. Happy Valentine's Day!
@amandajay (17827)
• Sri Lanka
@tom_view yes.. Of course.. How are you today?
For us it's not a special day as Valentine's was never part of Australian culture when we were growing up so we don't worry about it now.
really? i guess i assumed it was in most western countries.
@hereandthere It's celebrated here now but when I was growing up it wasn't so we never really got enthused about it. It's a big deal now though.
@JudyEv I guess we can still celebrate love everyday. It should not be celebrated on Valentine's Day only.
@ria1606roy (2644)
• Kolkata, India
That' so sweet that you spend V-day with your mom Right now, we don't celebrate as the whole year is enough for us V-day isn't that special but it's always nice to wish it to my partner
Thanks my friend. We can still celebrate it everyday. Loving soneone is the most special thing to have.
@tom_view (2530)
• Kolkata, India
yes.it is nice to wish your partner
@carebear29 (25552)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
its just another day to me
It is also another day for me to work. But I still greet everyone and to you. Happy Valentine's Day!
• Lakewood, Colorado
No harm in treating oneself when you are alone on Valentines Day. You celebrate in your own way with good ideas my friend. And so nice you treat your dear Mom. I also am alone except for my son, and I am happy and fine. I can have what I want if I treat myself to chocolates or movie. A very happy Valentines Day to you my friend and I hope one day for you not to be alone if that is what you choose.
Oh so sweet! Thank you, my friend. I think my mom deserves to have a treat this special day. And I do think you deserve it too. Happy Valentine's Day!
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Shavkat Thank you my dear friend.
@magallon (17098)
I have my children to share with me the cake that i'll gonna buy later this afternoon.
That sounds fun. I will also do the same thing later. A sweet chocolate cake. Happy Valentine's Day, my dear friend! More love to you today!
@magallon (17098)
@brokenbee (7712)
I will celebrate it tonight with my parents... =) Happy Valentine's day!!!
Happy Heart's Day! Keep smiling...
@IvySaysHi (4206)
Well usually I would like to do something sweet with my hubby but since he works on valentine day and with no one to watch our son I don't think we will be celebrating it. I did buy my hubby a bag of skittles and bombarded his facebook with cute valentines day e cards.
That's so sweet. I wish i can find my soulmate and give all sweet messages.
Valentine's Day is a "modern" celebration that did not exist when I was young. We do nothing special to celebrate, I prepare a special dinner for my husband.
Happy Valentine's Day, my friend. I am sure your hubby would be so happy for the meal.
@Shavkat He has been very happy, we had a pleasant dinner and after a movie together.
@noni1959 (2594)
I'm having out patient surgery tomorrow morning so will be propped up on the couch with remote in the hand and computer nearby to catch up on email, Mylot, and other social media. I'll read quite a bit as well. I'm fine being alone.
I also agree on that. I am having fun being alone on this special day. Happy Heart's Day to you!
@noni1959 (2594)
@Shavkat Happy heart day!
All these days are man made. You can just ignore and move on. Many of us do that. For us here in India apart from aping the west this day ceases to have any meaning.
You have a point here. It wasn't a big deal for some. I had read some posts that it wasn't that special day. We just need to express our love and be loved.
@Shavkat Loving everyone needs to be done every single day.
@stbrians (11838)
• Kakamega, Kenya
I do it just as it comes. Thank God we still work on Valentine
Indeed, my friend. I am also working with such special day.
@stbrians (11838)
• Kakamega, Kenya
@Shavkat it should be a holiday
It is just another day much the same as the rest.
It is another day for us to love oneself. We can still have it without cekebration.
@Shavkat Yes I agree!
every year same story
It is really worth to kill the time with something in mind.lol
@hereandthere (22985)
you're a great son to treat your mother on valentine's day.
Thank you. I think my mom deserves it. Happy valentine's day!
@SAM774 (2010)
Snacks in front of Tv and watch your Favorite Tv series....i believe the best way to celebrate valentine day
I like the idea. I had planned of doing it after working at home.
• Richfield, Utah
Do what my single friends do, work though it at whatever job you're at..
I am in their group too. Loving myself without limit.
If you want to celebrate, there are many ways, there are others you might know alone there, and would like to get together. Even with family celebrating is just fine, you can go out to a place that has a counter, eat up there with others.
I will do that, my friend. However, time is limited lately. For now, I would be with my family and have a good dinner. Happy Valentine's Day to you....
@Shavkat Thank you, I too spent the time with family. Speaking to many of my friends who are coupled, they have no plans, just another day to them.
@Meramar (1846)
This day is not more special than other days during the year. I just carry on loving those persons who are close to me. Just do what you most like.
I agree. I will continue to love the people close to my heart. It doesn't need to celebrate in a luxurious way. Being with them is enough.
@Meramar (1846)
@Shavkat Exactly, there's no material way to love. Otherwise, it's not love.
@Beatburn (3996)
It's the same day for me, nothing special. I never believed in Valentine's day. Everyday is an opportunity to love. Your mom must be happy to have you care for her.
I am sure she is, my friend. She had so many sacrifices for the sake of caring me and the other siblings.
@Beatburn (3996)
@Shavkat Good to have a sense of gratitude. It comes back tenfold.