Eating Healthy vs Nutella

@noni1959 (3720)
I've been trying to eat healthier to feel better but have a carb issue especially where Nutella comes in. It's the only hazelnut spread I like and I can't have a container in the house without going through it fast. I found a microwave recipe in Woman's World I wish I didn't and tweaked it a bit. You put 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp sugar, (I use coconut palm sugar), 1 1/2 tbsp unsweet cocoa powder, 3 tbsp milk, (I use almond), 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp veg oil, (I use olive), tbsp peanut butter, (I switch from nutty to creamy), tbsp nutella, (sometimes add tsp more), and a shake of sea salt. I mix the dry then add the wet and add to a mug. It takes only a minute depending on the wattage of your microwave. It rises and sinks which is normal. Do you like Nutella or is there an item that occasionally sways you from eating healthy?
@sallypup (28520)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I've not tried Nutella but have heard good things about it. I plan on making truffles today. I mean fruit and nut and cocoa and almond milk goopies. No refined sugar but tasty.
@noni1959 (3720)
That sounds so good, Lenore!
@sallypup (28520)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@noni1959 It is. Since I've quit eating refined sugar this cocoa treat is my go to once a month.
I've never developed a taste for Nutella. If I have chocolate in the house I just keep eating till it's all gone so I rarely buy it now. If it's not in the fridge I can't eat it.
@noni1959 (3720)
I'm this same way. I love chocolate and chips so have to buy in small bags or quantities or will eat until I'm sick.
I always try to eat healthy, but it's quite impossible to resist nutella from time to time.
@noni1959 (3720)
I can't buy it often or I don't eat well for a day.
@noni1959 It's a tough choice, isn't it?
@noni1959 (3720)
@TheInvisibleMan Yes! I so wanted it today. I made a why protein shake and was just grossed out. It was a new brand. I was told to add sugar free powdered pudding to it. Kind of beats the purpose of natural but I'm going to try it.
I do enjoy Nutella a lot. I love chocolate. I don't worry about whether something is healthy or not before I eat it. I try to eat all things in moderation.
No I do not like Nutella it was too sugary for me.
I have a very similar recipe. But if I buy Nutella to make it, then I eat the whole jar within a couple of days!
I hate Nutella, not only because it's one of the most unhealthy products you can buy, but because I do not like the texture and the taste is too sweet.
Some of the ingredients in that mix are quite healthy ones.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I have never eaten Nutella. Have you ever tried coconut oil? It's supposed to be better than even olive oil for you. I was raised on a dairy farm so I really like milk. I tried almond milk one time and it about gaged me. The thing is, I like almonds, especially Almond Joy. But the truth is, I rarely eat candy or anything sweet like donuts. I have never tried coconut milk. If I go out to eat I always ask if the meal comes with vegetables (if it doesn't state that on the menu) and if not I ask for them.