Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8b/de/d4/8bded494f02acb7536ee82e9561e30c1.jpg
I got the most amazing Facebook message today. It was from a woman I have known since about 1978. Her son is a preparing for his senior year of high school and she needed my advice. We live in different states and have never met each other's sons. Her son has a 3.5 GPA - which is an "A" grade. So, she wondered if she should let him slide through his senior year or continue with college prep. I went to a private college and am working as a call center representative. I'm also still paying back my student loan. So, I told her he'd be better off going to a trade school. She agreed with me and said she had already told him that. But, the school has indoctrinated him into believing college/university is it. There's a lot of truth to the picture I included. For those of you familiar with education and the workforce of these United Sates, what do you think? Would your advice be to go to trade school or college?
@JESSY3236 (6536)
I don't have kids. But I think either a community college, or a trade school.
Either would offer certification for a trade.
@skysnap (17817)
I think basic graduation is a must. then having one job and one side business means the person is more stable.
Ultimately, my friend's son will make the decision that feels right to him. But, for now, she is trying to get him to lean more toward going to a trade school, rather that going from college straight into debt.
Many craftspeople in Germany complain that young people don't want to learn a craft but rather dream of earning big money by sitting in an office in front of a computer all day long.