Learning or Earning

@Beatburn (3995)
While I admitted that I'm trying to look for other ways to augment my income from online work, I, like the most of the wonderful people here at myLot (not everyone is, though), find more value in the interactions, interesting views, and insightful discussions. MyLot is where I hangout to enjoy and get .01$. If I need to earn more, I go to _____ (insert income generating project here). I learn more than earn $. I get to practice online communication (responding, commenting even if you don't respond or comment, which is sad). And of course, discover other places as seen by others, become open to other cultures. It's good for me, I think, and in the end, I gain more. What have you discovered recently through myLot? Why are you here?
I discovered the same things I've discovered through all my years on earth - there are very nice people and some not so nice. There are liars and braggers and in-between people. I discovered that if you need help or a shoulder to cry on someone here is always available!
@Beatburn (3995)
Yes, I agree. Thanks for your wisdom.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
I learn a lot from others. Most of the people are nice. I agree those who don't comment on responses to their posts are missing out. You are right about not everyone being nice however. Luckily they are in the minority.
@Beatburn (3995)
Just a while back, I learned about the dangers of a damaged dam in California.
@Gillygirl (15291)
• Sutton, England
@Beatburn I saw that on the news and then I had more information on it here.
@Beatburn (3995)
@Gillygirl Mylot has become my initial source of information. I have to verify of course as some might not really be true news.
@mysdianait (63977)
I am here because it is my home online. My friends here, and many others with whom I am not yet really friends, help to keep me off the streets and out of mischief and that is a good enough reason for me to be here as often as I can. The earnings are a welcome added bonus!
@Beatburn (3995)
If you're not here, what are you doing on the streets? Let me know, so we can be friends.
@mysdianait (63977)
Window shopping! Whatever else did you think I might have been doing? @Beatburn
@Beatburn (3995)
@mysdianait I think we had the same idea. But without the window. With the tons of earnings you get here, you must have all the material wealth in the world.
@sol_cee (13596)
• Japan
Weather updates. It's interesting to know that while it's snowing in some parts of the world, others are having their skin tanned.
@Beatburn (3995)
And the snow just keeps on falling.
@sol_cee (13596)
• Japan
@Beatburn snow angel!!
@Beatburn (3995)
@sol_cee I wish to experience snow at least once in my life. Wait let me get a snow cone.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am here mostly for the company of online friends. That is the main reason as I do not do much in real life. Its good for me my friend. I have learned recently here to always look for coupons before purchasing. Very important.
@Beatburn (3995)
You're one of my very first friends here in myLot. And we're still connected. We don't have much coupons here. When I visited the US I noticed it's a big deal.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Beatburn And I am so happy to have you as my friend Beatburn. Yes, it is a big deal here in US coupons lol..wish you had some there too.
@Beatburn (3995)
@TiarasOceanView Same here. Which coupons are the popular ones?
@averygirl72 (13956)
It's good to practice English communication through writing here. I love to earn and learn at the same time to socialize by chatting too
@Beatburn (3995)
Are there signs you've improved? Then, that's the reward.
@averygirl72 (13956)
@Beatburn At least I practice my English sometimes I find it hard to express my thoughts
@Beatburn (3995)
@averygirl72 It happens to the best of us. Often, it's our own mind that prevents us.
I have learnt lots and lots of things here - mainly about snow which we don't have where I live.
@Beatburn (3995)
Same here. While we think that having snow is such joy, many of those who experience it will gladly give it up for warm weather.
@Beatburn I've decided it wouldn't be a joy at all!
@Beatburn (3995)
@JudyEv Let's have some sand at the beach!
@Meramar (1944)
Learning is another way of earning, where we earn knowledge which is quite important, too.
@Beatburn (3995)
Thanks for the comment. What have you learned?
@Meramar (1944)
@Beatburn You are welcome!
@Beatburn (3995)
@brokenbee (7744)
I am here to share about my day and to read about what others had shared. I enjoy the interactions. The earning part here is just a bonus for me. I really have no goal as to earnings here. I am here if I get bored or tired in my online work...
@Beatburn (3995)
There goes that online work again. Mylot is my way of leisurely resting.
@brokenbee (7744)
@Beatburn hihihi yup.. this is like a resting place for me too while I am online. Hmmm
@Beatburn (3995)
@brokenbee Have you rested enough today?
I am here for the socializing. I have not found great money making sites on line. So, this is a place to come for a break.
@Beatburn (3995)
Such enjoyable breaks. It's a global community!
@Beatburn friends around the world is what really makes it a great place
@Beatburn (3995)
@paigea Global friendship!
@ridingbet (37923)
when bubblews sank, i finally gave in to the advice of a dear fellow myLotter and friend @SIMPLYD to come here. i am in no other earning sites...for now.
@Beatburn (3995)
@SIMPLYD is surely helpful.
@ridingbet (37923)
@Beatburn yes indeed
I actually found another site. However , I am still here because here the interaction is always great as well as the people here.
@Beatburn (3995)
Yup. It's still the preferred site for good, earnest, conversations.
@acelawrites (10750)
I like to interact with lots of online friends, and earn a little on the side.
@Beatburn (3995)
All over the world. It's like going on a global tour, meeting people and given a $ tip for each conversation.
@marsha32 (6779)
Of course I am here to earn, but I don't even earn enough to make minimum each month. I stay because I like to keep up with what is going on in the lives of my online friends. So, I enjoy that we can write about our days here.
@Beatburn (3995)
How are your earnings now? Any improvement?
It's really about the social interaction for me. The tiny little of $ is a bonus.
@Beatburn (3995)
Same here. Don't you just enjoy the opportunity for us to discuss and converse? Decades ago it wasn't possible.
I have been with this site for 8 years before they closed down and got right back on the site when they re opened. I missed it so much when it was gone! I enjoyed and still do talking to people and friends around the world and still love it.
@Beatburn (3995)
You're proof that indeed this is a good site. Were there many changes since you left?
@AkoPinay (10826)
I am here to keep myself busy. Yes, I learn more too. I learned more about other online earning opportunities here
@Beatburn (3995)
Those are my recent discoveries as well. Thanks to myLot.
@AkoPinay (10826)
@Beatburn yes I joined Humanatic last year after reading mylotters posts
@Beatburn (3995)
@AkoPinay How is it so far?
@DaddyEvil (22364)
Those pennies you earn on myLot make you one of the richest men around, Beatburn. Just think.... while you are earning those pennies you are also talking with all of us, laughing with us and sometimes, crying with us. You learn of our loves, what gives us pleasure and how we live from day to day... You also share all those things from your life so we can learn about you. While not rich in money, you are rich in caring friends... That counts for much in this world, in my honest opinion.
@Beatburn (3995)
More than any material riches. And indeed I'm becoming richer in friendship each day. Thanks to my myLot Friends.
I'm here for the people first of all, and secondly for what I can learn about their environment and opinions.
@Beatburn (3995)
We learn from your posts, too.
@pureme (1452)
learning is my focus, though earning is like an incentive to learn more. then getting to know some cultural beliefs that are different from mine is a plus.