I wish I could be different but I am not.

I know it's just a couch but it's mine. I have a right to have my things that make me happy. Kept well and in good shape. I was sitting here and my daughter laid down on my love seat. She is tall so she kept stretching. I hear the seat making sounds like wood cracking. I said please don't do that sit up in my seat your going to break it. she said mom get a grip this is what they are made for. I said they are made for sitting not abusing. You're going to pop the frame. She puts her feet to the edge of the seat and her back to the other and stretches out. I could hear nothing but the frame cracking. She said that is stretching. I begin to cry because I try and try and no way would I ever do that to someone's stuff. I said you have no respect for my home or my things. You had not right to do that to show me anything. I said I am done with the talking. Get out of my house. She got up and said you can't take it to your grave with you. I said get out of my house. She left. She was good all day than this. It's ok she had to leave and I could care less now how cold it is out there. Had she broke my couch it would be garbage to me. I had a very nice couch and one day my ex slept in it. He was over 6 feet. I said please get off the couch your going to stretch and break it. Would you believe in the morning the entire edge was off the couch? I am not sure if I will ever change. I doubt it very honestly. My mom did not allow us to behave like animals on our furnishings. I care about my stuff. Kay never grew up like a .....like she is acting like now. I don't know how she does not explode with all the badness combusting out of her. My mom called as I was going to walk the halls. She understood me completely. She has o understanding for how kay could need somewhere to go during the day and I let her come here and she treats my stuff like this. My mom wants to pay to change my locks. I said no in case my daughter finds herself ever in need of getting in I would not want her locked out. But she will have to understand that is out of love for her being my child. But she will always be kicked out treating my stuff like that. If not I will just ask for the keys. No need to waste money on the locks changing. Then I need to go out and pay for keys.
I dont understand why she could just obey the rules there. She must know by now that you value the little you have. So sad for you sharon, sorry this happened today.
She will be out of my life soon if she does not get it soon. I am not going to allow her to destroy my things.
@sharon6345 I know it makes you angry and I dont blame you. Kay is old enough to know better surely.
@TiarasOceanView she made me so angry I wanted to grab her.
@dragon54u (31617)
I know how upsetting that can be. I think you're a lot younger than I am but we both have learned that we can't just trash our things and get new ones, we can't afford that and there's no reason for it. We get attached to our things, they are comfortable and reliable and when someone mistreats them it's very hurtful as well as frustrating. People these days don't seem to want to buy a nice thing and keep it for as long as possible. They think everything is temporary and disposable. It doesn't matter the age of the person, the media has conditioned people this way. I'm sorry you had this altercation with your daughter and hope that you can both talk it out calmly and she will finally see your point of view and respect it.
Did Kay and her husband find a place to live yet?
No they live with his brother.