Exhaustion

Marion, Kansas
I am not getting here much, I am exhausted but I am not sure why. Well, sort of know why. When students have behavior issues it takes a lot of energy to try to keep any routine. We had a substitute para yesterday. I took the whole day with E who is autistic, has a bad cold (guess where I get mine) and can completely trash a room, giggling all the time. Because of this, after school yesterday I helped the teacher rearrange the classroom. I did not have to, I do not get paid for it, but it needed to be done. I ate a peanut butter sandwich, was online minimally, and went to bed before 9 last night. It does not help that I came home and hubby was in bed sick. On the plus side, this is Thursday. The weather will be lovely for the next several days. There is a pot of coffee. I am never bored. Tired, yes. . . bored, no.
• Pamplona, Spain
Not surprised you get tired then. That sort of job must take it out of you quite a bit depending on the day. Get well both of you soon.
• Marion, Kansas
Hubby has been eating too many rich foods. He is better today. My day was worse today.
• Pamplona, Spain
@GardenGerty I am careful about what I eat most of the time as well now. Before you could eat almost anything you wanted. Wish him well and have a great Weekend ahead.
• Marion, Kansas
@lovinangelsinstead21 We are going to have a beautiful weekend. He feels much better now. Gingerale helps this kind of illness.
I am often that sub parap, and I really do try, but sometimes they act up, simply to see how to push me
• Marion, Kansas
Oh, every one of our four, and lots of others will act up. I suspect that E is having a reaction to ingredients in his OTC cold meds. He was worse today. My supervisor has taught him for four years and said today was his worst day ever.
@GardenGerty yeah, that can totally be a thing, esp with those kids, they react different esp when they are on other meds, long term
@HazySue (16618)
Better to be tired than bored for sure. Teaching, working with children can be exhaustive especially when their behavior is going by the wayside. Enjoy that lovely weather if you get the chance.
• Marion, Kansas
I have been getting to take E on lots of outdoor walks. I will enjoy it for myself on the weekend.
@HazySue (16618)
@GardenGerty I hope you get back some energy and get some rest. Enjoy the weekend coming up.
@sueznewz2 (9333)
• Alicante, Spain
you do sound very busy.... no wonder you are tired and are wondering... when you can go to bed... sorry to hear your husband is not well... I hope you enjoy your warmer weather...
• Marion, Kansas
Hubby is choosing wrong foods. He is doing better today. I love the weather.
@sueznewz2 (9333)
• Alicante, Spain
@GardenGerty good... I'm pleased on both counts..
@Mike197602 (13474)
• Worcester, England
I felt tired all day today. Had a long sleep last night and I think I'm not used to long sleeps as I normally finish work at 10/11/12 and have to get up at 6am the next day for work. I'm looking to get a job at a residential school in the next year or so. That's for kids with challenging behaviour too.
• Marion, Kansas
I hope you can get that job. It is both challenging and rewarding for sure.Mike I have been wondering how your work situation worked out with the upset co worker.
@Mike197602 (13474)
• Worcester, England
@GardenGerty It all went fine thanks. They all realised that each of them had said bad stuff about everyone and I think they knew if the situation continued a lot of stuff would come out So it's back to normal...they said they'd stop b1tching about each other but that's all I heard today. People tried to bring me into the conversations but I just got on with my work
@KrauseHome (33249)
Definitely makes for an interesting time. Hope you don't get too sick. My husband is coming down with a cold as well but was able to make it to work.
• Marion, Kansas
I texted my doctor today. She says there are lots of nasty bugs going around. I have had one after another for a month. She believes some steroids will help me kick this.
A pot of coffee surely helps in such circumstances.
• Marion, Kansas
A pot of coffee helps many things.
@marsha32 (6780)
What is he sick with?Jacob had a major melt down on us yesterday evening....Liz was out cleaning a trailer for pay and of course Carl out on the road. Jacob has been kicked out of school and is going to alternate school now.
• Marion, Kansas
That is not even an option for E to do. Some alternative schools can work wonders. Be aware than any child who takes over the counter cold meds containing diphenhydramine or dextromethorphan may get "wired" instead of sleepy. Is jacob sick? These are just cold viruses that keep hitting one after the other.
I am sure it is draining! I hope you feel less tired soon and have a good day. =)
• Marion, Kansas
Today was even worse, but we made it.I will have ice cream now.
NO wonder you are so tired!
• Marion, Kansas
It was even worse today. My supervisor said it is his worst day ever.
Do you work tomorrow? At least after that is the weekend. Sorry your husband isn't well either.
• Marion, Kansas
Today, Thursday, was worse than ever. Tomorrow, Friday, we will take E and A swimming. It takes a good part of the afternoon, and it helps them learn to clean themselves and it feels good. It is a positive way to end the week.
I am never bored either, but I am tired from the day I had the flu.
• Marion, Kansas
It takes a long time to recover from the flu. Feel better soon.
@GardenGerty I am well now, the only problem is that I feel tired easily.
• Marion, Kansas
@LadyDuck Yes, the tiredness lingers. Hope you can start having more energy as spring comes.