The Story of Three Kitties

Colorado Springs, Colorado
After two consecutive discussions about bar and street fights, I thought I would lighten things up with a story about three cats, because cats are so awesome! Last night we walked up to the Townhouse Sports Grill here in Manitou, for happy hour tacos and beers. We also go there for breakfast during the summer, when we can sit on their large patio. The coolest thing about the Townhouse patio is the three feral cats that live there: Tripod, who is missing a rear leg, Nubbins, who is missing a front paw, and Smokey, who apparently has no deformity. We locals are quite fond of the trio (my girlfriend and I have actually only seen them once,) and the bar has posted the kitties' story both on the patio and on their website in order to educate the tourists (I've included the link below, since I wasn't able to get a photo because they weren't out last night.) The cats, since they are feral, won't come very close, but will come close enough to eat meat if you toss it near them, which I have done. Don't worry, though. The staff feeds them twice daily, and provides a small kitty house so they can stay warm. According to the Townhouse, the cats were actually born the way they are. They have been captured, fixed, and returned to the patio. If you are ever in Manitou Springs, be sure to stop in. You might just be able to see these three local celebrities!
they are lucky t here.Nice that they saved them. Too bad on the deformity.My neighbor has an amputee cat.Three legging and he is doing fine. the sweetest thing.Amazing how he gets around. Nice story
I thought I would post something nice after two discussions about people beating the crap out of each other!
@teamfreak16 that is for sure.A good feeling story.
That's a nice story. I'm glad they are looked after by the staff.
Me too. I always wonder if others have tried to move onto the patio as well.
@teamfreak16 It's a wonder if the word hasn't got out among the feral cat world.
You could say they are the "house" cats.
@PatZAnthony (11721)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We have programs here to capture, fix and return cats to local neighborhood hoods. The story of the kitties is really cute.
They've been around a long time. I've lived here six years, and they were here before that.
That is nice that they are taken care of and remain free. (and are not adding to the cat population explosion.)
Yes, that is the most important part.
Thanks for telling us about the kindness to those three felines shown by the folks at the Townhouse. Warms the heart.
Oh, you're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
@Dena91 (3545)
Thankful for the staff and customers who watch over these beautiful babies. Cats are awesome. Have a blessed day
Yes, it's awesome that they do that.
We have two visiting every day. We feed them.
That's good that you do that. A lot of people wouldn't.
@teamfreak16 Just between you and me they give me joy just watching them eat (lol)
@allknowing - I love it. I used to work at a homeless shelter in Wyoming. A coworker and I started feeding a feral cat that lived in a field near the shelter.
@LoriAMoore (8824)
I'd like to see that trio.
They're cool. We've only seen them the one time, but they are really cool.