Florida Owl

Daytona Beach, Florida
In the photo is a stuffed owl. Through the years it has stood on various shelves and traveled with me from New York to Riga, Latvia. Today the poor owl is rather lopsided and losing a bit of its stuffing when I pick it up. The owl’s story is that it was born in Florida sometime in the 1980s. How do I know this? Because while my mom was alive and living in New York she had a good friend who spent her summers with her husband in Florida. Several times during the harsh winter my mom would take the Amtrack down to Florida to visit her. There she could warm up and sit in their garden that had orange, grapefruit and lemon trees. My mom would pack up a box full of fruit and send it to me. She and her friend would visit some tourist spots and go shopping. Mom enjoyed this time a lot. One time she found this owl and bought it for me. I don’t know why I never named the owl because usually when I had any kind of stuffed animal I would give it a name. He was just owl and as you see is still stuffed and well. I guess as they say it’s never too late – so What would you name this owl?
It is so special that you have the owl, the precious gift your dear Mama gave to you so many years ago. He certainly has held up well through the long years, such good memories for you Sandra. I would name him Midnighter.
Interesting suggestion @TiarasOceanView because there have been late nights I have looked around the room for inspiration while working in the wee hours and that owl has provided some so it has been after midnight.
@RasmaSandra Oh you see now there you are.
What a great story behind the owl. I can see why you treasure it so much. I would name him Owlistare.
Now that I really like because owls are smart and that name sound like it could be given to an owl with a law degree @Happy2BeMe
from florida: call it Sandy :-)
But that name would always remind me of Annie's dog @jillybean1222
@RasmaSandra how about Sunny ?
@jillybean1222 I have another post called Owl Revisited. I have given him the name Professor Ollie Owlaistair.
That is nice that you still have it after all these years. I like it's nose made from a shell.
It's surprising that nose is still hanging on. Usually tiny details like that are the first to go @shaggin
• Preston, England
So that's what happened to Hedwig. lol
It's wonderful that you still have him. How about naming him Ollie the Owl
You have a tough time now in choosing. I will add one more - wisdom.
I'm going to squib out (have you heard that term? It means I'm backing out or not participating). I think you have enough names to choose from now.
Professor.
He is adorable and I would name him "Sweetie." He just looks like a "Sweetie" to me.
What gender is it?
By the looks of the owl I would say it is definitely a him @Kandae11
@RasmaSandra Okay, then I would call him - Clint.
That is a very special story to which I can relate very well. Lol! I would name him, Whoo!
Or perhaps Whoo Yoo @DianneN
I can't think of a name for an owl. Weren't you spooked by a stuffed animal as a toy?
Nope I had many stuffed animals as a child but this owl my mom brought me when I was already a teen @MALUSE