No, It's Not A Good Idea To Write Twelve 1-line Posts On Your First Day on MyLot

Louisville, Kentucky
I just ran across a new member who, so far today, has already written twelve posts here after just joining the site today. Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily. But the problem is that each post is only a one-line sentence such as, and this is just an example, not a real post, but "Red is my favorite color." Ummm, that's not a discussion, that's a statement. And it's a very short statement at that. Not to be picking on a newbie, but that doesn't work here. A kinder gentler MyLotter has provided her with a link to the Community Guidelines and a suggestion for longer posts, so let's hope she reads that and it sinks in.
I don't know how often I've written something similar, either as a comment or a private message. You've forgotten something which should also be mentioned. These inane one-liners clog the Most Recent Discussions list and push good posts to the bottom.
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Didn't the site-of-which-we-do-not-speak have a block on how many posts you could submit in a certain period of time...? Not sure if that wasn't a bad thing, in this context, @MALUSE.
• Louisville, Kentucky
@pgntwo Yes, the limit was 10/day.
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@LoriAMoore It served a purpose, I think.
one line is so boring.Not sure why the person does this.You do not make any money how much you post. How boring.I would not bother looking at it.I hate one line.
I don't bother reading this kind of posts at all.
• Manitou Springs, Colorado
What gets me is that people respond to those.
• Louisville, Kentucky
Yeah, I thought that too at first but then realized maybe responders only saw 1 or 2 of them and didn't realize it was a trend.
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Ah, but how do you share the knowledge if you keep schtumm?
Sometimes I give them a suggestion. Sometimes I just stay away. Depends on my mood. lol
They're definitely in for a bit of disappointment when they realize those posts don't get the sort of interaction that will equal decent earnings. Hopefully they'll take the time to read the Community Guidelines and apply some of those principles to their posts. Quantity never outweighs quality, at least not here on myLot.
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Or perhaps some kind soul will 'splain it to them...
@pgntwo Sometimes it backfires on the kind soul.
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@owlandbutterfly At least they tried... y'can lead a horse to water, but y'can't make him drink
I know who you mean. I am not sure what this newbie is about.
@pureme (977)
Someone was here sometimes ago, he or she did the same thing. When people corrected the person, she was annoyed, and said she would leave the site. I am not sure if she is still here.
@sabtraversa (4520)
Sure, that can be considered as flooding/spamming, but most of them don't know, I suppose. Not all people are fearful like me, who lurked for a while, looking at what is usually done by the other members, and started my activity here like I were experienced.
@Mike197602 (11234)
• Worcester, England
That's the best way to do it in my opinion. Read a lot and when you think you've got the hang of it start writing.
@garymarsh6 (9346)
It can be quite frustrating opening a post only to find one sentence.
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Disappointing, more like...
@CoralLevang (13871)
Don't be a hater! Red is my favorite color too! Haha couldn't resist
@josie_ (2361)
Taking into consideration that they are unaware of the guidelines, still it gives an impression that the new member is only interested in making as much money with the least effort. They will eventually realize this does not work and move on to another website.
It seems to happen quite often with newbies. I am glad somebody pointed it out to them and maybe it will help.
It is those who continue this horrid tradition after they have been here a long time that drive me up a wall.
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I must remember that
@pgntwo LOL you don't to that!!!
@pgntwo (15136)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@AbbyGreenhill Sez who?
@bagarad (6318)
• Paso Robles, California
I don't think I could make a one sentence post if I tried. I'm just too loquacious.
@Gillygirl (7259)
• Sutton, England
I wish one line statements could be mentioned in the guidelines as many get deleted.
It's a good post and I am a newbie. I have started a discussion.. may be that is also discussed over here!!
I got to know about this website while searching where I can be paid for my creative writings. I am not very sure whether this is the place but at least I am...
I agree.
That is kind of funny..really, but there seem to be alot of people who do that sort of thing.
@Mike197602 (11234)
• Worcester, England
It's good to help new people. Normally a welcome, some explanation and a link is all that is needed. Then they choose what to do with the information. I get annoyed when people have been helped but still carry on doing the same thing then moan about earnings or posts removed etc.
yes engaging people with the discussion is the good thing with myLot which will make it more interesting and yet more beneficial for us to know about the things which may be not known by us and interact with different people.