My Grandson Is In Hospital.

By Gill
@Gillygirl (12065)
Sutton, England
I haven't been able to make much time for mylot today. My two year old grandson Charlie was taken to hospital at lunchtime. He had a cold and developed breathing difficulties. The doctors think he is asthmatic and he's currently being nebulised every few hours. He will be kept in tonight. My daughter has a camp bed by his cot. Asthma runs in my family unfortunately. I'll know more tomorrow. I haven't been able to deal with notifications so will clear them over the weekend. The photo is of my grandson and little friend taken at a birthday party last weekend.
I hope he'll be going home tomorrow. Poor tyke. Fun picture there. Looks like he's already wooing the ladies.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Still unsure whether he'll be out today. He adores his little friend in the photo.
• Greece
But how could he resist the pretty little girl in the pink frock?
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@41CombedaleRoad She is sweet lol.
@carebear29 (19165)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
that is a very cute picture. i love it.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you this was taken at his little girlfriend's second birthday party. He adores her. Still don't know whether he'll be out today.
What a cute picture. Hope he feels better soon.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you, it's still unsure as to whether he'll be home today.
This photo is lovely, your grandson looks so cute, and very elegant. I hope he is fine now.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you, he is my little man doll. Still waiting to hear whether he will be coming out today. The doctor wants him to have a couple more nebulisers. He did go to the children's playroom this morning which is a good sign. He was very distressed yesterday.
@Gillygirl Poor little guy, I am glad he went to the playroom, it means that he feels better.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@LadyDuck I went to see him this afternoon. He was awaiting discharge and is now home. he has a little inhaler to be taken through a face mask.
So sorry to hear that. I hope he is feeling better soon so that he can come home.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Still waiting to hear but there is a possibility he will be out today.
@Gillygirl I hope so. I will be checking for updates when you know more
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@Happy2BeMe He's home now thankfully.
I hope the poor little guy feels better soon. I have asthma too but thankfully the older I have gotten the less it effects me. My niece has it terrible like I did. I love the photo you added to this post it is so sweet. Someone took a lot of time making that suit jacket!
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you, my daughter had Asthma when she was small but grew out of it. My mum had it but also grew out of it. My brother has it but has suffered all his life. The jacket was shop bought.
@Gillygirl That is awful your brother has had to suffer with it so long but fortunate your mother and daughter grew out of it.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@shaggin Yes my brother manages his much better now there are preventative medications. Charlie got home an hour ago. He has a little inhaler which has to be used with a little face mask. It's thought he has seasonal asthma which is what my daughter used to have.
I am so very sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your little, adorable grandson.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
He got home an hour ago. It seems he has seasonal asthma. He was so distressed yesterday, the poor little man doll.
@Gillygirl I'm glad he is home now, where he belongs.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@DianneN So am I thank goodness.
That photo is adorable! I hope your grandson is okay. =( Little ones being in the hospital is scary.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you. He was discharged late this afternoon and has a little inhaler and face mask. I'm worried about my daughter as she got no sleep last night and very little to eat. She's just over 3 months pregnant.
@Gillygirl I'm glad he was discharged. I hope your daughter is okay as well.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@LovingMyBabies She's calmed down now.
@thelme55 (7019)
How sweet. I hope he feels better soon. I know how it is to have asthma. I was an asthmatic child.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
He got home an hour ago. It seems he has seasonal asthma and now has a little inhaler and face mask. He has to go to out patients next week.
@thelme55 (7019)
@Gillygirl I am glad he is out from the hospital. I hope he is feeling better.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@thelme55 Thank you, he has improved further today.
@PainsOnSlate (16885)
That is very scary, I wish him a speedy recovery. The photo is lovely.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
It was as he was struggling for breath. He's much improved and got home just over an hour ago.
@Gillygirl I'm glad to hear that!
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
• Greece
I have two grandchildren who were asthmatic, both grew out of it although it took a move away from a busy motorway for one of the to recover completely. I hope your son is better today.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
My daughter was asthmatic as a tot but grew out of it. My mum and brother were also asthmatic. Mum grew out of hers but my brother didn't. Charlie ventured into the playroom at hospital this morning so that's a good sign. Unsure as to whether he'll be out today.
• Greece
@Gillygirl It does seem to run in families. Personally the only allergy I have is to grass pollen so I am not sure that it has passed down through me.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@41CombedaleRoad Hay fever is connected to asthma. He's home now thank goodness.
I was told it is the pollen from trees planted along roads that induces asthma. Do you have flowering trees where you live?
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
It can be pollen but all flowering trees are bare at present. He got home an hour ago and has to go back as an out patient next week.
@Gillygirl May be once it starts it will be there unless it is cured. Hope you will be able to.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@allknowing No cure but he may grow out of it as my daughter did.
@PatZAnthony (8488)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
This is so frightening. Hopefully they determine what it is immediately and get things sorted out.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
It seems it's seasonable asthma. The temperatures have been up and down over the last week. He had a cold too. He's been discharged and is a lot perkier.
• Charlotte, North Carolina
@Gillygirl Just read the latest news. This has to be an experience no one wants to have.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
@PatZAnthony Exactly.
@shivbebo (39)
It is really sad to hear that about your Grandson. Children are really delicate and sensitive for such problems. And the medication is really harsh on them. Please take all the necessary precautions, so that he has a speedy recovery.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
He is out of hospital now and has the necessary medication. He has to go back as an out patient next week.
@Gillygirl A big thanks to the Almighty.
• Richfield, Utah
Oh no! Hope he's ok, prayers for the grandbaby!
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you he is much perkier today and was discharged from hospital just over an hour ago. I was so worried yesterday.
• Richfield, Utah
@Gillygirl awesome that is such good news to hear, cheers!
@garymarsh6 (10507)
I saw the other post before this one. Glad he is doing ok!
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thanks Gary, we popped round today and he is much better
Gorgeous pic, I hope your little one makes a speedy recovery!
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you. He was discharged late this afternoon and is much perkier.
• Austin, Texas
Praying for him. Keep us updated.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you he has been discharged now. He has medication and has to go back as an out patient next week.
Hoping that the cute little Charlie is out in a few more hours.
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
Thank you he is home now. It seems he has seasonal asthma. He was so distressed yesterday but much perkier today.
Oh, bless him. Poor little mite. Lovely photo. :)
@Gillygirl (12065)
• Sutton, England
He may be out today, still waiting to hear. The photo is of his little girlfriend Ella he adores her. Her mum sent him a Valentines card form Ella lol.