Early Night

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's been a long day. I had two power naps today, but it's not enough. I'm still yawning. So I'm going to take myself off to bed. I know it's too early and no doubt I will be up at the same time I was this morning. At least I will be in the pool at 5 if I am. If I do get an 8 hour night, I will still be in the pool by five. So it's a win/win either way. Look for me in about 12 hours. That will give me time to get my swimming in and my Bible Study done and be ready to interact with you all again. How was your day? Was it busy like mine was? Or same ole, same ole? Good night. Thanks for reading.
The last two nights I have slept better than I have in years. I actually got about 6 hours sleep a night, which is a record for me
That's awesome. Right now I wish I could get that much sleep a night. Though I did get 8 hours that night and it felt good.
• Greece
What is it that wakes you up so many times or that stops you getting to sleep? Is it noise, or hunger or something that you can identify and remove it?
@41CombedaleRoad My bladder and that can't be denied. Hunger sometimes. If I don't get up and find something to eat right then and ignore it, I have a headache waiting for me. Noise doesn't bother me. I can and have slept through anything, even a train that woke the family on a camping trip at three in the morning and I never heard it and the tracks were 300 yards from the tent. The only sound that ever woke me were my kids.
@HazySue (14071)
Naps or not, bed is where you ought to be when you are worn out. My day was semi-busy. I had a lot to do, but only did some.
I don't even know if my head hit the pillow before I was asleep. I did get a full eight hours, so it was good.
• Greece
Delaying going to bed when one is exhausted can result in insomnia, it is as though the sleep switch goes into denial.
@41CombedaleRoad I've had that happen too.
@DeborahDiane (13808)
• Laguna Woods, California
@just4him - I had a pretty relaxing day. I saw some friends in the morning and hung out at my house the rest of the day. We have a big storm coming to California tomorrow.
I know how much you need the rain. I hope it was helpful and didn't do any damage or flooding.
• Greece
I just heard about the storm, it was a killer. I hope you kept safe and warm.
• Laguna Woods, California
@41CombedaleRoad - Yes, I was nice and safe. I just wrote a post, however, about the trees which fell over in our community.
Sleep when you can!
I got a full night's sleep.
@sugartoes (28731)
• Greencastle, Indiana
you have a GOOD night sleep I'm not far behind you my day was just another day paying bills FUN FUN.
At least they are taken care of and you have no worries until next month.
Also had a busier day. Have a good sleep!
I did have a good sleep, thank you.
You must be exhausted! I haven't been on most of day, because I had a royal treat! And to top it all off, returned to almost 300 notifications!!! I just can't win. . Have a good night's sleep.
It turned out to be one of my rare 8 hour nights. I read about your royal treatment. Totally awesome. I've been there with 300 notifications. Right now I'm right around 200.
• Greece
I am very Impressed with so many notifications. You must have a huge following.
@41CombedaleRoad No, but I have some wonderful friends here. Thanks so very much.
Good night. Hope you have a wondeful sleep so you can feel rested in the morning.
Thank you. I got 8 hours that night.
@JustBhem (10764)
Have a sound sleep goodnight. And you have a cozy bedroom.
Thank you. The bed is very comfortable.
@rina110383 (21943)
Been having a busy Friday.
That's a good thing. You're not bored.
I hope you will be able to get enough sleep. See you on here tomorrow.
I got a full 8 hours, which was good and I was in the pool at five as well.
I need a power nap badly lol.
I hope you got it.
• Greece
I like the new term 'power nap' it describes the feeling of revival that follows. It used to be called a 'cat nap' or '40 winks' but regardless of the name it is essential to have one following a bad night or in the middle of a very busy day.
I'm finding that so true. It's funny how as children we scoffed at naps and struggled to get our children to take them. Now all I want to do on some days is take a nap. No more struggle.
• Greece
@just4him All I have to do is have a cup of tea, sit in the armchair and put my feet up. Sometimes I fall asleep with the cup of tea in my hand! I haven't moved an inch. The struggle now is not to take a nap.
@41CombedaleRoad I find the same thing sitting here at my computer. I will find myself waking and staring at the same paragraph I've tried to read three times.
I don't understand why you insist on going to the pool at 5 in the morning?
It's the best time and the best people are there at that time - friendly people that is. I've been later, and there are a couple people there who give true meaning to the word, snob. I like being around friendly people.
• Greece
@just4him It is a pity that the actions of others can interfere with your life and wake you before dawn to take a swim. As others are there it appears that you do not suffer alone. Can you not simply ignore the snob?
@41CombedaleRoad I can, but getting there an hour before she arrives and leaving about the time she does makes it a much more pleasant day for me. I saw her yesterday as the pool opens at 7 on Saturday and she was actually nice to me.
@katsmeow1213 (28695)
Same ole as usual.. work then home to taxi the kids and do dinner, etc. Got a 3 day weekend coming up, so that's exciting!
You have a day off for President's Day? Enjoy it.
@just4him Yes I do, I get all the major holidays off.. so that's nice.
@katsmeow1213 Yes it is.
@ridingbet (31711)
my day is routine. after duty, i watch TV. weekends, i cook and i watch TV. no work until wend of the month, so i will be a couch potato again
That's a hard life. I'm sorry you don't have work until the end of the month.
@ridingbet (31711)
@just4him don't be sorry;at least i can be here and earn for my medicines, my friend. i will have 2 days salary yet.
@syeow1 (4889)
Oh great .Good morning ..
I hope you had a good day.
@syeow1 (4889)
@just4him yes little bit..
busy in that it took alot to keep moving, and I wasn't moving fast. I hope today I can trudge through some more needed stuff
I hope you did too. How's your cold?
@just4him need less meds, past the chills, still dealing with the nose, and the cough, that gets better and worse
it's 4;30 am and I have yet to sleep. I a doing so good with my earnings this month. I am trying to manage three sites and it's killing me. Thank goodness I can't sleep without pills. I can stay up a little while longer.
I hope you got to bed and had a good sleep.
@just4him Yes I am rested up from the entire day.
One should not trade one's sleep for anything in the world and you seem to know that (lol)
Yes I do.