How Often Do You Visit The Library?

https://pixabay.com/en/books-bookworm-library-1039985/
@silvermist (16208)
These days the number of people that really visit libraries has diminished. It is always a pleasure to browse among the books of many authors and select books to read.But in this busy life many try to avoid the trouble of going to the Library. Moreover,we get to read many ebooks online and also can listen to audio books. But there are many of us who do like to visit the library. Do you still visit the library?How often? Image-Pixabay.
@1creekgirl (4907)
I still love to go to the library. There's just something special about a real book with actual pages!
@silvermist (16208)
@1creekgirl Exactly.That is why I would visit a library ,just to savour the pleasure of looking at all those books.
• Richfield, Utah
@silvermist is it just me, or is there just something about the new book smell that's just good?
Agree with creekgirl.
@amnabas (9059)
• Karachi, Pakistan
No I don't visit there.
• Richfield, Utah
You really should, it can be an awesome place if you let it...
@silvermist (16208)
@amnabas Not even once in a while?
@jisanroy (156)
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
It is a peaceable place
The only library I visit is my digital folder that has my photos.
@silvermist (16208)
@allknowing Yes,I do know that.
@jisanroy (156)
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
Hahahha
@CoralLevang (17673)
I go on average once a week.
@silvermist (16208)
@CoralLevang Yes,I have noticed that-borrowing books and movies.
@CoralLevang (17673)
@silvermist I seem to find the foreign films and really enjoy them. And I'm also borrowing many more books than I did before
@silvermist (16208)
@CoralLevang Yes and that is nice.So long as the foreign films have subtitles we can enjoy them.
I do not visit the library. There is the public library downtown in my city, and it's a beautiful place. It's an older building but is (or was) under a renovation. I liked going there because of the architecture, and quiet more than anything else. Today I prefer to do e-books as I read very fast. There is still an allure with visiting libraries though, and I hope that they remain in existence for years to come.
• Richfield, Utah
Did you know that you can get free e books through your library? Ask if your library participates..
@librarygeek1980 I know that they do, and I know that you can. However, the majority of the ebooks I like are from new and upcoming authors, some subject matter that I doubt very seriously would be in my local libraries public domain.
• Richfield, Utah
@ScribbledAdNauseum you never know unless you look, I know my library carries that stuff. Your could always make requests as well.
I used to very often, but since I got internet and, cable, there is little need.
• Richfield, Utah
Buuut, you can use your library card and get ebooks. Ask your local library for more..
@silvermist (16208)
@TRBRocks420 Yes,that is one of the reasons many people have reduced the times they visit the library.
@silvermist (16208)
@librarygeek1980 Yes,but visiting and spending time among the books have its own fascination for me.
@rina110383 (21597)
I visit the library of the firm almost everyday.
@silvermist (16208)
@rina110383 And which are your books of interest?
@jisanroy (156)
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
@silvermist i like story books very much
I haven't visited in a couple years. However, my sister goes constantly. She loves to read and can't afford to keep up her expensive "habit". Thus, her love of the library.
@silvermist (16208)
@AmbiePam Once upon a time I too used to buy all the books.Very Expensive habit.
@xFiacre (8346)
@silvermist I go almost daily just because I like the atmosphere.
@silvermist (16208)
@xFiacre That is good.I too like the atmosphere and just browsing among the books.
@missjackie (1327)
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
library
I love going to the library. I can't afford to buy books all the time, so I really enjoy visiting my local one. I visit at least once a week to give back the books I've read and to pick up new ones. I'm actually addicted to reading, lol. This one is the one I visit often:
@silvermist (16208)
@missjackie That is a beautiful building.You are so right.Which sort of books do you like best?
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
@silvermist I love fantasy, thrillers, epic fantasies. Stuff like that. You?
@silvermist (16208)
@missjackie I read everthing mainly thrillers and literary ones.But as I said I read even horror stories.
@brokenbee (7736)
I don't go there anymore.
@silvermist (16208)
@brokenbee You stopped because,you do not want to or you can't?
@brokenbee (7736)
@silvermist We don't have a public library in my hometown. The last time I went inside a library was in college, at our school.
@silvermist (16208)
@brokenbee That really is a pity.
We do not visit the library because it's not at all close to our home, but we browse books in the bookstore inside the mall where we go grocery shopping. We do this every week.
@silvermist (16208)
@LadyDuck That is very good. Any book that you bought recently?
@silvermist I bought another Stephen King book "Rose Madder", I start to read the book this evening.
@silvermist (16208)
@LadyDuck That is a fantastic buy.Back in the times when I used to buy almost all the best sellers, I bought this and read it.I think it was around the year 2000.Though it is the story of a battered wife,it is a mysterious and exciting book.Read on!
• Austin, Texas
My library is now the Internet. No more public library visits as it is not conveniently located to my home. Miss it very much!
@silvermist (16208)
@cmoneyspinner For people who have always enjoyed going to the library,not having one nearby is quite a disappointment.
• Richfield, Utah
I can imagine it sucks not having one close by, thats why I know that when some people travel, they try to get a hotel or as close to the library as they can where ever they visit.
• Austin, Texas
@silvermist - Libraries are not only a fabulous educational resource but good clean fun!
@thelme55 (6503)
Oh my! It has been years since I have visited a library. The last library I have visited was in Ireland when we lived there. I used to borrow plenty of books to read. There was no internet by then which keeps me away from visiting a library nowadays.
@silvermist (16208)
@thelme55 Internet has made many people spending less time in libraries and bookstores.People are more into ebooks and audiobooks.
@vickyrose (1712)
• Canberra, Australia
@silvermist I still prefer the hard copy books. I still have the Britanica set of encyclopaedias that my kids used for their research work.
@silvermist (16208)
@vickyrose Of course,I too like those paper books than digital ones.
@flpoolbum (2209)
I love going to the Library. Sadly, I haven't gone in a really long time.
• Richfield, Utah
Come back and see us sometime we would love to have ya!
@silvermist (16208)
@flpoolbum Thinking of a visit to the library one of these days?
@jisanroy (156)
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
U will be happy there.
I go to the library several times a week.
@silvermist (16208)
@JohnRoberts That is very good.I know you are a voracious reader..
@megatron777 (1714)
The Computer Age or Cyber Age has practically affect almost every aspect of our life---decreasing number of people going to the library among other things. The root word of the term library comes from the Latin word "liber" meaning "book". It's funny thing that when you go nowadays to the public library there are lots of free computer inside. Instead of reading books some of the people are just hooked on the computer. I go to the public library every month 'cause I usually borrows 5 or 6 books and return back the same after I'm done with them time permitting. It's a month cycle for me or even earlier to visit the library.
Now, I just go once in a while to the library, I prefer to buy my books.
@silvermist (16208)
@marlina Considering the type of books you prefer,not many of them will be available in the library.(You mostly read Historical Fiction and History?).
@silvermist No, I do not read historical fiction at all, just real history .
@silvermist (16208)
@marlina Sorry about that.Just writing from memory.I knew it was connected with History.
@ebenjie (455)
I am a quite library reader during my college days. Sad to say, people now more rely on e-books.
@silvermist (16208)
@ebenjie Yes,it is more easy and hassle free.
@ebenjie (455)
@silvermist What is your method, just in case you have, to still use the library for your routine? Do you still visit library in your place?
@silvermist (16208)
@ebenjie Of course, I do visit my library once in a while.
@jisanroy (156)
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
When i wish to read story books.
@silvermist (16208)
@jisanroy How often do you feel like reading a story?
@jisanroy (156)
• Dhaka, Bangladesh
@silvermist when i was free and i like to read history nd story book also.
• Richfield, Utah
Any book can be a story book what kind of history are you into?