Results of my MyLot experiment for today

Pleasant Hill, California
I had some free time this morning, and decided to see what happened if I didn't post, but spent an hour or two visiting others posts and leaving comments. When people commented on my comments, I commented back, but I resisted the temptation to post. The results revealed that you can do OK here without posting. I got about 2/3 of the number of comments I get when I post something, and made about 2/3 of what I make when I post something in the morning and then comment away before leaving for work. Of course, things died off as soon as I left for work, but it was still an interesting experiment. Do you ever conduct similar "experiments"? I'm off to band practice now (it's 7 PM California time), so I won't be able to comment on comments until I get back. But I will.
@xFiacre (8966)
@thehorse my insomnia means that I get to post when Americans are awake and I think that has an impact, but not on US election results or anything like that.
Oh, if only it could have an impact on the election results here... I imagine we wouldn't be quite the laughingstock we currently are if that were the case!
@xFiacre (8966)
@owlandbutterfly You might try influencing our election on March 2, but only if you're going to turn things round so that my guy wins.
@xFiacre Shoot, I wouldn't even know where to begin on that one.
@CoralLevang (24775)
I'm always doing experiments! Sometimes, I will write things and when I find that they don't get any responses or only one or two responses, I'll go and change the title of it to see if that makes more sense. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, I've done that one a couple of times too!
@CoralLevang (24775)
@TheHorse and sometimes that doesn't even help! I got a couple like that right now
@CoralLevang (24775)
@TheHorse oh my goodness gracious! I have an idea, but I have a feeling that it would bebanned! Ha
Ihad about the same results as you did but I am wordy and have so much time I just post too
• Pleasant Hill, California
I wish I had more time to conduct more "experiments."
@TheHorse I am in North Carolina, time zone wise I am an hour ahead of "mylot" time. Generally speaking I am online when people from the UK are just waking and finishing breakfast and coming online. This is also about the time that those in the Phillippines are finishing their shifts of work and coming home to mylot. This is also "the spamming hour" as a lot of almost bot type accounts come to play. Anyway, what I was getting at is a "time of day" experiment might be fun but it all boils down to who you have always interacted with the most. Even if you were to conduct different experiments, the results would most likely be tainted because those who would be most likely to respond are those who have communicated with you the most...
• Richfield, Utah
@TheHorse me too!
@amnabas (9661)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Yes I have done it once and it was fruitful.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It's all about getting involved in active conversations. It doesn't matter if they're your own.
@TheHorse That's exactly what it boils down to!
@amnabas (9661)
• Karachi, Pakistan
@TheHorse yes true...
@Asylum (43947)
• Manchester, England
Posting a discussion naturally increases the activity available to you, but I often go a week or so between posting and still manage a reasonable level of activity.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I've never gone that long with out posting--except when I'm on vacation, as I don't bring technology with me.
@Asylum (43947)
• Manchester, England
@TheHorse I often do because I only post a discussion of I have something specific in mind.
@Mike197602 (13044)
• Worcester, England
I often go a month or so without posting a discussion and I make payout nearly always.
• Olney, Illinois
My only 'experiments' involve getting songs past the algorithm filter at facebook without getting my morning video banned
• Pleasant Hill, California
What kinds of filter(s) do they have there? I only post videos from YouTube.
• Olney, Illinois
@TheHorse Occasionally I get blocked over what song is playing in the background. It's only happened 5 times, but I get 'spanked' for 24 hours each time.
Meh. I've done it in the past. Now I tend to stick to only a few people that I am in constant mylot conversations with here. I have fun and that's what I care about. Sure the money comes in handy, but I don't try to earn more or experiment on what works best.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I do my little experiments just for fun. Some results could be helpful to newbies, though.
@TheHorse Sure, if newbies ever listened! haha ok well some do listen
I don't know if I should make an experiment. For me, the idea here is having conversation with people even if it's a bit short.
Someone told me days ago that she had earned about the same without posting.
I have done stuff like that and learned a few thing, I do best when I post 1-2 times a day, but those posts are spaced out in time, and the rest of the day is reading new stuff and responding to whatever needs to be responded too.
@TheHorse even those who follow dont always hit them all, I would for my followers, but I tend to not follow ppl that do that either
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Jessicalynnt I just ignore that kind of poster. They tend to do the "What is your favorite color? Mine is red because red means passion" kind of post.
@TheHorse lol, yeah, not really worth what time we can spare on here
I notice that my bank does move even on a day that I don't post a discussion. It seems to be the interactions that matter the most.
• Pleasant Hill, California
But once I finally gave in and posted yesterday, it gave me extra opportunities for interaction.
@ptrikha_2 (4575)
@TheHorse I think what makes Mylot stand out are these "interactions" like the one happening on this very post. Here we keep on discussing and share so much! It also takes away oyr minds from our daily grinds, disappointments and tiredness.
It works because you earn from comments not from posting. I have done that bu I like to post at least once a day. I come here to express myself!!!!
• Pleasant Hill, California
I suppose I do too! If I'm in town, it's hard for me to go a day without posting.
@vickyrose (1934)
• Canberra, Australia
Me too, I like writing and expressing myself.
This is what I do all the time here, if you check my profile I wrote very few posts, but I go around commenting a lot.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yes, I've noticed that. And when you DO post, you get a nice response. I like learning abut Switzerland from you.
@TheHorse Thank you. I love so much to read the discussions of the others that many days I find no time to post.
I just got back to mylot last night. Have not been experimenting. But I will go back here to write and interact as much as I can.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Interacting is what it's all about.
@josie_ (3869)
I do that almost all the time. Now I'm going to experiment writing a discussion daily.
• Cyprus
Well, thank you for conducting the experiment and reporting back to us. It's good for us newbies to know. And to answer your question, no, I don't conduct experiments. I use mylot as a way to relax myself and forget all the things that stress me out. Sometimes I come here and just read lol.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I do think it is good for newbies to know that the way to fame and fortune is to interact a lot, whether or not you post a lot.
• Cyprus
@TheHorse yes exactly.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@thehousewife I actually think I may visit "hot" topics more often and get involved in conversations there. If the posts are "hot," then the odds are greater that you'll wind up involved in an animated conversation.
@lokisdad (4223)
I have in the past but they never gave me the results I was looking for the results were always different each time. I think it frustrated me more leaving me with more questions than answers so I stopped. Today I was busy all day and didn't really have much time til now to really interact with everyone.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sometimes I feel like the "randomness factor" rules. But I did learn that one can do OK without posting.
@ptrikha_2 (4575)
@TheHorse Indeed, this discussion itself has fetched you a lot of responses and people seemed to have sit up and noticed it a lot.
• Bournemouth, England
I guess to me it's all one long experiment. I do have a specific one in mind to try out soon, though...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oohh...will you tell us about it when it's done?
• Bournemouth, England
@TheHorse I will do.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@asfarasiknow I think Coral and I are working on one now.
@PainsOnSlate (17888)
I have just recently noticed how much more money you get by posting every day but i'm stuck because I don't have the time and I am so far behind on returning comments I an lost.. But it will get done - some day.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I think leaving few comments a day is as important as posting every day.
@TheHorse I agree with that, it keeps me connected.
@Platespinner (14632)
I've done the same thing myself a time or two. I haven't had much to say (at least not that I would want to say publicly) lately, so I've mostly stuck to commenting...and even that has been a bit sparse lately. However, my bank continues to slowly creep upwards.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I find active conversations (whether on my post or someone else's) to be the most fun as well, especially if they get a bit silly. I don't mind digressions.
@TheHorse Digressions are what make this site fun!