Surprise! I'm still kickin'

maple blossoms 'cross the pond
I know what'cher thinkin', what a holiday, eh? 'fter bein' 'underground' fer so long, I nearly didn't resurface. I aint checked emails, aint blogged, aint been here. Seems that the Crohn's 's now attackin' my nerves 'n muscles. My big plans 'f gettin' out more squashed by this disease that haunts me. I'm recoverin' slowly from this latest onslaught 'n keep strivin' to get better. My apologies to all who've been concerned. I'm hopin' to get back 'nto the swing 'f things soon. I've missed the heck outta y'all!
How wonderful to see a post from you again Crazy. You have been very much missed, and I'm sorry about your health problems. I hope you are improving now.
Doing a happy dance to see your name here again. Cheers and take care. :)
@1creekgirl (5968)
Oh, it's so great to hear from you again! But I'm sure sorry about the Crohn's. Take care of yourself, God still heals.
What a nice surprise to see you back, I missed you. Crohn's disease is not fun, I hope you are recovering and feel better now.
@Platespinner (14632)
Glad to see you back! I've been watching your blog in the hopes of an update. Sorry you're not doing as well .
oh dear, y'ave been to my blog?? 'tis been longer since i've dribbled there. jest too many irons'n the fire 'n schtuff jest keeps changin' daily.
@crazyhorseladycx life seems to be that way more often than not!
@Inlemay (16779)
• South Africa
I am so sorry to hear you are hurting, but so glad you have surfaced to say hell. Looking forward to seeing you back in the swing of things soon too!
Missed you, tooooo! Lovely to see you're still bouncing around! Good luck getting through all those emails which must have stacked up quite high!
@garymarsh6 (11416)
OH dear I am so sorry to hear you are having a flare up. I hope it is not going to last for too long and you are soon bouncing around doing what you like to do. Keep well my friend and yes we have missed you! Take care!
No one can stay away form myLot for long. Welcome back
@Teep11 (6120)
Let the healing begin. The aches and pains can certainly get one down but soon enough there will be the recovery. Take care.
@josie_ (3869)
This is a pleasant surprise. I've also been away from mylot for sometime and was wondering what ever happen to that "crazy horse lady" I'm glad to hear you are recuperating from your illness. Crohn's disease can be very debilitating
@stbrians (10642)
• Kakamega, Kenya
Welcome back While you were away.... Many things happened
I'm glad you resurfaced. I'm sorry the Crohn's got a hold of you pretty bad. I hope you're doing better now.
crohn's wise, yes ma'am. 'twas tough'n i admit the most scariest flares i've 'd to date. hope that'cher u.c. 'tis behavin' 'tself, hon. oh these gut issues that feel the need to attack our whole bodies 's jest ridiculous. big hugs!
@crazyhorseladycx It's under control once again. I had a major flare up and they put me on prednisone and now it better be in my chart that I can't have that. It didn't work the first time they gave it to me, and then they tried Usaris and that didn't work either, and then back to prednisone. I had such bad muscle cramps, I call charley horses in my toes, ankles, up my legs, around my rib cage, my arms and my fingers. I was screaming with the pain of them. They had to wean me off of it, and since it's been out of my system I haven't had any more of them, or I found out, chest pains either. I didn't realize they were part of the package with the muscle cramps. But as soon as the prednisone was out of my system I didn't have anymore of them either. It's been a month since my last infusion of Remicade and so far it's still working. I hope it keeps up because nothing else works for me and that has been touch and go with all the flare ups I've had. I hope you're doing better on your medication for crohn's.
@just4him oh dear! i take no meds fer the crohn's 's i'd too many ill side effects. i control mine mainly with nutrition, though've gotta rely'n those danged steroids 'bout twice a year. don't they give ya steroids prior to yer remicade? they used to do that with me 'long with benadryl... glad to hear that'cha finally got yer system flushed 'f that schtuff. i'm tellin' ya, the thingies they prescribe aint always worth the consequences :( big hugs!
@RubyHawk (12896)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm back too. Hope to see you soon. I wondered where and how you are.
well thank the stars, ms. ruby! i'd been so worried 'bout'cha. big hugs!
@RubyHawk (12896)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@crazyhorseladycx I hope you are in better health soon. I had my surgery and a slow recovery and now trying to get my life back. It's good to see you here.
@RubyHawk sendin' healin' hugs yer way, ms. ruby!
@Inlemay (16779)
• South Africa
Its great to have gotten a response from you on one of my posts, maybe a new post on your side would be good - how is the sewing going?
:) i've had many irons'n the fire 'n seem to've lost my desire to be 'round humans, e'en here. i've sure missed many folks though 'n feel plum awful 'bout that. my sewin'?? 'tis turned 'nto somewhat 'f a nightmare, lol. big hugs!
@Inlemay (16779)
• South Africa
@crazyhorseladycx your feelings are noted and some of us can relate . . . even if they come and go . . we can relate.
@marsha32 (6737)
I see that I've just been missing you here and there since February and will need to do some catching up. I know many who suffer from Crohn's and I feel for all of you.
no worries 'bout catchin' 'p with me, hon. i figured i'm so far 'hind now that i aint e'en gonna fret such. yepperz, that crohn's can sure be somethin' else. i'd not imagined such'd attack yer nerves/muscles?? other internal organs, but not those.
@PainsOnSlate (17888)
You my friend are the one who has been missed. I didn't see this post or any you posted since you came home but I will catch up. So happy to see you here and damn that Crohn's!!! Years ago i had a doctor who did my colonoscopy and asked if I wanted to stay with her because she would be kinder and much more gentle than any other "gastro guy" handling my Crohn's... Turned out i didn't have Crohn's I have Colitis...But that is another story, I think I will write about it here... I hope you are in the care of a specialist, the day I got rid of the the surgeon pretending to be a gastro guy and got a gastro guy I have been well with only the ocassional flare up (two in over 10 years) Big hugs to you.
aw thanks, sweet lady! no worries, i aint been 'round much since i somewhat returned. too many other thingies needin' my 'ttention. yepperz, danged the crohn's 'n colitis 'n a host 'f other chronic illnesses that plague the world. sadly i aint seen the doc'n o'er 3 years now, since i lost my insurance due to the 'affordable healthcare act'. thankfully my gastro'll send me'n a script when i hit troubles. tough thingy bein', his office don't seem to realize that it'd be best if'n they jest believed me one was hittin' 'n fierce 'fore i've declined so much. lost my nutritionist, too. she t'was a great help 'n i miss her dearly. yer most fortunate to've been able to keep yer colitis 'n such great control! i'm tickled fer ya :D i couldn't take any'f the meds fer my hiccup 's i'd undesirable reactions to 'em all. if'n the hubs behaves, i've typically only 2 flares a year. big hugs 'n love comin' at'cha!
My prayers coming your way for relief from this illness, my friend. Knowing you, you will come out swinging!!!!
aw thanks :)
@responsiveme (11669)
Good to see you back. I too was irregular but you all were on my mind. How about trying Tumeric...its easy to grow too. "Turmeric is said to have anti-inflammatory properties that can benefit those with Crohn’s. But as with most herbal / natural remedies further research is required to prove it with scientific rigor. "...Wikepedia "
howdy! i've been takin' a steady diet 'f turmeric fer some years. seems to've lost its effectiveness 'r i've gotten so screwed 'p healthwise that such jest can't keep'p. big hugs!
@sol_cee (10759)
• Japan
Nice to see you again. Was wondering what breed of horse kept you away from myLot.
mustangs...'tis been many months 'f battles, but a looooong story.