Will You Eat This Too?

Some of my 15 high school batchmates went to Taipeh a week ago . I didn’t go with them though because if ever I would go there I would like it to be with hubby and daughter. I just contented myself looking at all the pictures of the places they went to. I was surprised and I cringed when they posted the above picture of chocolate ice cream shaped like human poop placed in toilet bowl shaped platter that they ordered to eat. Not all of them though ate these, since they were shaped like those in the picture. I am sure I would be one of them if ever I went with them, because I strongly abhor even talking about those kinds when eating, how much more eating something of that shape and color. So, what about you, would you like to eat that too?
@garymarsh6 (11721)
OH dear how tacky and awful. It is not very nice! Whoever comes up with these bizarre ideas.
She mentioned Taipei so this must be the "Toilet Bowl Restaurant". They have toilet seats instead of chairs and the tables look like bathroom sinks. I would surely not put my foot inside this restaurant.
Yes, it's so bizarre that they came up with this. Although , they also posted some foods like seafoods served in a toilet bowl plates, but at least they look palatable, unlike this one.
@LadyDuck Yes, it is the Modern Toilet Restuarant in Taipei. The name of the restaurant itself will never make me go in it also. Although, other than that ice cream some of the seafoods viands they ordered doesn't depict those but only served in platters like toilet bowls. They were delicious, they said.
@Platespinner (15503)
I"m sure the ice cream tastes delicious, but I find the presentation decidedly revolting!
Yes i knowthat they will make it so delicious , so people would still eat it even if it looks yucky and revolting!
@Asylum (45390)
• Manchester, England
As long as I knew the true content then the appearance would not bother me at all.
wow, really! Good for you. So courageous and nt imaginative of its yucky shape.
@Asylum (45390)
• Manchester, England
@SIMPLYD As long as you know what it is I cannot see any problem.
@Asylum Good for you.
@sunrisefan (16473)
Pass :)
I truly know that you won't , my friend. Ikaw pa?
@sunrisefan (16473)
@SIMPLYD Hehehe! You know much about me, Ms. LT :)
@sunrisefan Of course my friend. Even if I haven't met you, I know you already to be a decent person.
• Austin, Texas
No. Not unless I'm hungry and there's nothing else to eat. All chefs will tell you that people eat with eyes first. Why would I want to eat something that looks like poop in a toilet??!!
That is true. The eyes will eat first for us and since it's looking like a poop, my eyes and mouth will never agree to eat it.
@ridingbet (31468)
weird. and is the ice cream yummy? i can eat when when poops or vomitus are the topics, but when visually, it is an ice cream shaped like a hardened melena (black tarry stool) like that one, i would definitely lose my appetite.
My batchmates who ate them, said they were delicious. Really, you can still eat while taalking about vomt and the like? I really can't. I will leave the table and come back to eat when thetalk abiut it is over. Yes, this one will really make one not like to eat it at all. ha ha ha
@ridingbet (31468)
@SIMPLYD yes I can do that my lady . even when you are talking about the internal organs I consider those as heinous crime.
@ridingbet I guess that's because you are a nurse. They aren't gross to your anymore because you are used to them already .
Isn't there a restaurant somewhere in Asia that's all toilet themed? I don't know what the appeal is, but poop stuff is apparently popular . . . but to have food that mimics poop is just wrong, isn't it? Gross anyway.
Yes, thatis in Taipei , at Modern Toilet Restaurant. I cannot fathom why they dared having that theme for a restaurant.
@SIMPLYD Oh, so they went to that actual restaurant to have this treat? I suppose it's just different and shocking . . . people like being part of the shock factor these days .
@much2say I think to some they would like to see for themselves how they will fare eating that. But the others didn't eat that.
@syeow1 (4889)
NO..MAY BE ITS SWEET,BUT I REALLY GET HURTED TO SEE WITH WHAT THINK THEY ARE COMPARING FOOD .FOR WHICH PEOPLE ATE STRUGGLING..
yes, you are right. It may be delicious as attested by thers who have eaten it before, but like you , i wouldn't even dare to taste it, because my imagination will get.wild and might imagine eating a poop.
@syeow1 (4889)
@SIMPLYD no eating poop is not challenge I did see money people of India finds food in poop.but if you think about their struggle for food you will neglect this.they are comparing food with pool.fool..
@syeow1 I don't understand . You mean they can eat even poop, because of their poverty?
Oh no! Might be the first time I would say no to chocolate ice cream. I just can't imagine eating that.
So chocolate flavor is your favorite. Good thing it isn't for me, so I won't order that. Much more knowing that it is presented that way. ha ha ha How are you? You have been away from here for a long time?
@SIMPLYD chocolate is my favorite. Yes for 9 or 10 months I think. Got too busy at work. But I am so glad to be back here.
@nottoooldtowrite I am happy to see you here again.
@ilocosboy (21918)
I don't know, maybe if I'm too craving I will work on that
Hahaha. really!
@ilocosboy (21918)
@SIMPLYD no choice when you are hungry, he he
@ilocosboy I guess so. he he he
I wouldn't even consider going into a place like that.
True. The restaurant itself is named Modern Toilet Restaurant.
@SIMPLYD Oh, yuck!
No I would not have eaten that thing, I hate bad taste, especially when it comes to food.
They said that the said ice-cream was delicious. But even then, I wouldn't want to order something that looks like that. It's gross.
@SIMPLYD I have seen the photos of that place in Taipei everything is "toilet" based you cannot have something less gross.
@shaynas (5552)
I don't think i would have eaten that
I know you would say that. But the ones who has eaten it said that it was delicious.
@shaynas (5552)
@SIMPLYD No wonder, if it's chocolate, it's ought to be delicious, still i feel presentation matters
@shaynas Yes, just seeing it look like that, i never would want it.
Whose brainwave was that. Disgusting
Yes indeed, disgusting. The owner of this Modern Toilet restaurant is weird to have made this theme for his restaurant. And it was also courageous of some of my HS batchmates to be abe to eat this.
@SIMPLYD Ugh.............!
That is how our ice cream comes out the fountain here in Ny. So of course if it was chocolate I would eat it. I think the bowl is very cute
actually, if it isn't brown and chocolate and shaped like that it will be okay served in that kind of platter.
@SIMPLYD That is god for me either way.
Ha ha. Well isnt that clever! I might try it...lol.
Really! I guess you are not one of us , who doesn't even want talking anything revolting while eating. ha ha ha
If I close my eyes I may get it down.
Actually, even if I close my eyes, i surely can imagine it, because I have seen it already as that. ha ha ha
I would not eat this. The way it is set up is just too gross for me.
Yes, I Am absolutely with you on that opinion.
@thelme55 (8763)
Yikes! I am going to puke.
ha ha ha. Tha's what I would feel too .
@Morleyhunt (14146)
That is disgusting....now having said that, I know a girl who made a dessert that looked like a cats litter box as a novelty. It tasted really good, but looking at it was disturbing.
I wonder why they are weird like that in. having these things as theme of their foods .