Simple earning FAQ - you can't receive interaction if you are not active

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
Oh, sure...you can receive a little interaction...but I keep seeing people talking about 'poor earnings' or whatever, and they spend very little time here doing anything. The people that are doing the best here via earnings are the people that are here quite a bit being active users. Simply put, the more active you are, the more interaction you can receive - and received interaction from other users is how you are paid. You can't spend 5-10 minutes here a day and expect to receive 25-50 cents for it. I had my worst earning day here yesterday (edit - second worst)...and it was simply because I did not have any time to spend here. It isn't because there is anything 'wrong' with the earnings or because 'myLot is paying less' or anything like that - it is simply because since I was not active, I didn't receive much interaction. 'Earnings' are not the main reason someone should be here...and if that is the reason they are, then the person has to be here doing things or they just...are...not...going...to...earn. There is no 'magic' way to come here, make a half-dozen posts (and remember, a 'post' is a discussion, response, or comment...all of those are 'posts') and watch money flow into your bank. It is just not going to happen. I don't know how many times I have said this, but I'll say it again. myLot is NOT an 'earning site'. myLot is a discussion site that gives you a SMALL cash incentive to use it. The less you use it, the less you are going to earn. FAQ's is facts
@sishy7 (21881)
Just curious what your worst earning day would be... It's probably the same as my daily average...
• Olney, Illinois
This year my worst was 45 cents so far.
@sishy7 (21881)
@JolietJake This year my best was 40 cents so far...
• Olney, Illinois
@sishy7 I was wrong January 18, 2017 $0.3953
@mysdianait (63995)
Next time I will tell the hairdresser to come and do my hair at home so that I can be here and interact I only just giot here today and I will be out at a concert tonight too no I don't think they would come and perform at my home so that I don't have to go out to see them
• Olney, Illinois
Just send someone with a good camcorder
@mysdianait (63995)
@JolietJake Then I wouldn't get to eat the food. It's a pub with live music and great food and the guitarist in the band played with my son when they were teenagers. He then went on to play blues and was at the Chicago Jazz and Blues Festiival last summer
• Olney, Illinois
@mysdianait Oh...well then...that's different...I'll let it slide...this time...
@Mike197602 (13037)
• Worcester, England
I'm not here much anymore and generally make around $0.0109 or a little more. I'm surprised I've yet to have a no earnings day this year The people that need to read this sort of thing are the ones that won't be reading it
@sishy7 (21881)
And here I am, I really don't need to but keep reading it anyway... Another effect of my being upside down...
Or they read just the title and say something like "Yeah, I'm active here." Gotta love those.
@sishy7 (21881)
@owlandbutterfly And I just love those clever titles that trap the title-readers only... I remember one member had something like 'my ultrasound result' as a title and several members started to congratulate her for expecting a baby - what she really talked about was having an ultrasound to find out if she had gallstones or not... I'm so easily entertained on here!
See, posts like this get to me because your worst days here are better than my average ones. But you start a lot more discussions than I do. And you make it a point to reply to most responses and carry on conversations... which I haven't necessarily done as well as I should have in the past. And you connect with a lot of users on their own discussions when they interest you. Even if that means just saying, "Hey, n00b, you're doing it wrong." And getting blocked for the effort. Plus there's that pesky little caveat, too... You have to be active, AND your participation has to be QUALITY participation. You can't just post a series of 200 discussions each consisting of a simple sentence or two that states facts and gives others nothing of substance to respond to and expect to be rolling in the dough. ...well, you can, but it's not going to happen. Quality Quantity.
• Olney, Illinois
There are a few people I have just given up on...you could show them a Supreme Court decision about it and they'd say 'no, it's not that way'
@JolietJake FAKE NEWS! Get Lord J Dampnut on his Twitterbox-thingy!
• Olney, Illinois
Well said and very true.
• Olney, Illinois
You know exactly what I mean, too. You are here all the time, and give people countless opportunities to interact with you.
@JolietJake I am.agree.
@JolietJake Yeah, and it's quality participation, too. @sharon6345 is one of those who really gets that conversations are key here.
Often people want it easy: throw on some posts and sit back and count earnings. If you are serious about earnings here, you have to put in the time and effort. Earnings don't magically accumulate.
@Gillygirl (13162)
• Sutton, England
Very true but how often does this need to be said? Perhaps your post should be included in the new users guidelines. I was not active due to illness last year hence not much earnings. Not much yesterday or today as I haven't had time. I used to be a payday post offender but now I hardly ever look at my balance until near cashout day. I like to be in top rated and lol you overtook me the other day. 45 cents as one of your worst days would be very good for some. The most I've had in a day is 93 cents. I look at the earnings from discussions daily figure rather than check the cents on the earnings going up. I saw a second post by a member who likes to paint stating the advice given about interaction was not true. SMH!
• Olney, Illinois
They are such a dolt
@Gillygirl (13162)
• Sutton, England
@JolietJake I've heard paint fumes can addle the mind.
• Olney, Illinois
@Gillygirl They are one of them that I tried to explain creating an action is an interaction to someone else, and not an interaction that pays you for doing it, but they didn't get it
@Platespinner (14623)
I've noticed that phenomenon. There are a few people that grumble that they aren't earning here, yet when I look at their activity almost all of it revolves around their own discussions and there isn't even much of that. I've been busy with other things lately, and haven't had much to say anyhow so naturally my earnings are down. WAY down. If I want to make payout this month I'm going to have to get busy.
• Olney, Illinois
Just can't seem to get them to understand the correlation
@JolietJake I've tried explaining it a time or two, and either they can't understand, or they choose NOT to understand.
@DWDavis (10605)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Platespinner It's almost as if they think you are trying to benefit yourselves at their expense by giving them bad advice.
some days are worse than others, because you may do better, when more people are on and active to interact WITH, but I agree the bulk is on your own activities
• Olney, Illinois
I've been having a pretty good year so far, but I'm probably here more than I am not
@JolietJake the part time jobs cut into my time here, but.... I make money there, so, yeah
Exactly and it makes perfect sense. Now if more people will read this.
• Olney, Illinois
Normally I am just yelling for no reason but sometimes I reach one or two people that need to see it
@JolietJake well if you help at least one then that is great but I have a feeling sometime today we will see at least one discussion about earnings.
i am new to mylot and it is fun here to discuss on things
• Olney, Illinois
Welcome to the 'Lot
True. I got back here to have a venue for writing and interacting. Not that I mind earning a bit.
@syeow1 (4882)
I spend lot of time here but still I did not earn more..
Spending time is just part of it. Start really conversing with other users, and you'll see the difference in your earnings.
@syeow1 (4882)
@hora_fugit (5363)
I don't remember when I whined last about my poor earnings. For all I know, I was made to cash out right after I catered to things in a party. Had to be my last active month.
• Lakewood, Colorado
You mean to say I am not going to get rich here by doing one line posts/discussions/comments/interactions? Phooey.
@thelme55 (7820)
I agree with you. I hope the others can read this post.
• Cyprus
Well said! It doesn't matter where you are, if you are in it for the money, then you have to work! Nobody is gonna magically give it to you! I don't know why some people stress so much over a few pennies. This is not a site that you can use to pay your bills. It's a social network site, that happens to compensate you for your time here. That's a lot more than the multi-million dollar Facebook will ever do for you. Well said and I 100% agree with you!
This is exactly how this site works. If we have time to spend here and we discuss with many people and they reply back we earn, if not the bank stands still. This is not an earning site, the earnings are a little incentive to be more active.
@WriterAI (3053)
• Bulgaria
I agree with you.
• Bangladesh
me too
@WriterAI (3053)
• Bulgaria
@Priyanka1990 Thank you for your lot like!
• Bangladesh
@WriterAI my pleasure
@pammooratan (4740)
You gave valuable information.
• Olney, Illinois
It's a shame so many won't ever listen to it.
@JolietJake But mostly responded or post may be benificial?
• Olney, Illinois
@pammooratan That depends. No matter which, you aren't going to earn unless you receive interaction to what you write.