Busmans holiday!

@garymarsh6 (14729)
United Kingdom
The other day my wife went into hospital to have an operation so I have taken my remaining leave of three days to look after her. I must say she has been a fairly good patient and yesterday she just woke up to have things to eat, drink and to take her medication which gave me plenty of time to be on mylot and do other things. Yesterday morning I got up at 05:30 to make sure she had her pain killers so that she was not in any pain and thankfully I have kept on top of making sure she is not too uncomfortable. Today she has got up and I have made her breakfast and made sure she is up to date with her analgesia. She said she only wants soup and some fruit for lunch so that will be a doddle to make! I am hoping by Sunday she will feel a lot better as I have to go back to work on Monday. I joked with her that it is like being at work without the commute! I must admit I was a bit lazy yesterday and left dinner things to be washed this morning. After I made her breakfast I put a load of washing in the machine and then washed up. Easy peasy. I have to nip out around 1PM to have a blood test so I can walk to the hospital and then get some shopping on the way back. I like days like this where everything is falling into place. When I get back I will make another drink and then start getting dinner ready for later.
I hope your wife is well and it was not a too serious surgery. It's hard to be the nurse of someone in the family. My father was a great patient, but my husband is the worst patient in the world.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Haha surprisingly Anna this time she is being quite reasonable and actually listening to what I am telling her. Probably because she knows I am very tired. I have just made her lunch after coming back from the hospital. I had to have a routine blood test. I got some nice fresh bread so she can have it with her soup!
@garymarsh6 You are a kind and caring husband, I am sure she appreciates.
Momma was a really great patient @LadyDuck and @garymarsh6 when her foot was injured at New Years Eve but there was a few times she whispered 'ouchie' when I was banadaging ! Gary I hope your wifes injury was not too severe and she will be up in no time
You are a wonderful husband, just like mine. He always takes good care of me when I am ill, and the house as well. I hope your wife feels better every day.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Not really Dianne I know she would do the same for me so its equals eh! You and your husband are the same!
@garymarsh6 That's so true. Hope she heals quickly.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
@DianneN I just mentioned when she starts to complain I am not doing things the way she does things then i will know she is feeling better!
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
This must be a very difficult time Gary. Things always seem different when a family member is involved.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Surprisingly she is behaving herself compared to other times when she has been ill. Lordy she makes the worst patient I know.
@Asylum (48215)
• Manchester, England
@garymarsh6 I have often thought that people in the medical profession make very poor patients.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
@Asylum Doctors make the worst patients!
I hope that your wife heals quickly it's good that she has you to spoil her.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Haha I don't know about spoil but I am making sure she is not in pain and she is eating and drinking and taking her pain killers on time!
@garymarsh6 at any rate I bet she appreciates you.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
@Tampa_girl7 Thank you Marie!
You are a blessing to your wife and I wish her a speedy recovery Gary
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Thank you Erica. She is on the mend now which is good as it is her birthday tomorrow!
@garymarsh6 well then wish her a happy Birthday from mom and I
@garymarsh6 (14729)
@enlightenedpsych2 Thank you that is very kind!
@Morleyhunt (19282)
And to think, no one considers homemaking work. When I was a full time stay at home mom I would get so frustrated by the casual comments...oh, you don't work!
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Yes there is always something you can do. It irritates the life out of me when people say they are bored there is always something to clean, wash, tidy, dust, cook.
@Morleyhunt (19282)
@garymarsh6 my children learned at a very young age. Don't use the word bored around mom. She'll give you something to do. Boredom was not permitted.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
@Morleyhunt Haha same here!
You are a very good husband . Everything is being taken cared of while your wife cannot do them yet. I am glad, husband is like you too.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Ha she is getting better she is moaning about what I am and am not doing right! Which is good in a way because I know I do not quite have to do so much!
@garymarsh6 Oh that's how we are, wives.
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
I hope your wife is feeling much better now Gary. You are a very good boy!
@garymarsh6 (14729)
I am hoping that she is ok for Monday as I am back to work and it is her birthday too!
@Gillygirl (17623)
• Sutton, England
@garymarsh6 Many happy returns to her.
@Inlemay (17163)
• South Africa
well I am sorry your wife needed an op - however its lovely to read your planning - EASY PEASY you say?? Now why do you call it a Busmans Holiday?
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Doing the job you normally do at work and then coming home and doing it all again but at home.
@Inlemay (17163)
• South Africa
@garymarsh6 Keep going Gary - you are probably a man in a million
Good to see men are getting a taste of what was and continues to be the domain of women. Is it not a drudgery? (lol)
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Haha well I can give you a run for your money any day!
@garymarsh6 But you did a good job.
@ilocosboy (40352)
With that caring from a living husband, your wife can recover the earliest time. That is how the couple should be.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
We are old hands at it now. I guess after 35 years it comes easy!
@ilocosboy (40352)
@garymarsh6 it comes easy... Because there is love.
• Uzbekistan
You're the perfect househusband!
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Haha she is better because she has started to complain!
You are such a treasure Gary, I hope she appreciates you. I hope she recovers well.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
She is sleeping now and I don't think it will be too long before I am off too janet.
• Lenox, Georgia
It sounds like your taking good care of her, that's so sweet of you! =)
@garymarsh6 (14729)
She is sleeping now which is the best remedy I think to help someone recover.
So glad you are there to help your wife recover. You are doing a really good job, I must say!! You have achieved hero status!
@garymarsh6 (14729)
HAha I would not go as far as that! She is feeling a bit better today but only wanted mashed potato this evening for dinner!
@PainsOnSlate (20841)
My husband is an angel with I can't be doing things...but I'm sure he is happy when I am up and at-em after recovery. You sound like a sweetie!
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Oh yes I will know when she is really feeling better because she will start to tell me you did not do this or that the way she likes to do something! LOL
Best wishes for your wife to recover FAST.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
Thank you Marlina she is doing ok now! Hopefully over the weekend she will feel even better!
I am gkadbthat everything is okay and a bit easy for you. I pray that your wife will have her quick and complete recovery in Jesus name, amen. God bless and have a great day. It is much better to go on work without commuting lol! Just kidding.
@garymarsh6 (14729)
I would prefer not to commute but needs must sadly.
it's good that you are there to help her now. hope the recovery goes smoothly
@sunrisefan (21892)
I hope your wife gets full recovery soon.