Grocery Shopping

@dfollin (12768)
I know people that do not organized their grocery shopping list as they notice that they need it. When I had my own home and did all the grocery shopping as I ran out of something or noticed that I needed something then I put it on the list that I kept on the refrigerator. They need to get a ride to the store and complain because they have to get ready earlier so they can make their grocery shopping list. I do not understand this.
@vickyrose (2031)
• Canberra, Australia
I do my shopping every week sometimes I don't have my list and I have to go through all the aisles
@dfollin (12768)
I have done that sometimes when I end up stopping at the store on my way home or something and the list is at home,lol
I don't make lists. I know what I need, and if I do forget, there's always next time. I went shopping today and got everything I needed.
@dfollin (12768)
When they went shopping today, even tho there were two items on the list and some how they still did not get them.
@dfollin I usually come home with more than I planned on.
@dfollin (12768)
@just4him I do too, even tho I make a list,lol
As soon as I notice I need something I write in on a piece of paper. Then I add to this as I think of things until I go shopping.
@dfollin (12768)
Me too! But usually to the list on the refrigerator.
@dfollin That's a good place to keep it.
@dfollin (12768)
@JudyEv Thanks, it is convenient!
I have a grocery list in my computer. I print it about once every 2 months to do what I call "my big buy". The rest of the time, for special things, I write it in a memo pad I have nearby. Fortunatly, my supermarket is at a walking distance and I only use a car for the big buy.
@dfollin (12768)
Good for you, sounds like a great plan
@dfollin I do my walking while I shop for bread and the like. The rest belongs to a list.
@amandajay (18071)
• North Shore, New Zealand
I have a small note book with grocery list...
@dfollin (12768)
That is what these people have, which is fine! But they wait until the last minute to make it. For instance, their ride to the store is supposed to be here in twenty minutes and they have not started making the list at all. They are elderly people and it takes them awhile to do it. therefore I think it would be better to add to the list as they go. They did before
• New Delhi, India
Even I pen it down the moment I realize that I need to buy it
@dfollin (12768)
That is what I did. Good going
Anytime I see I am getting low on something or we are out of something I make a note of it on my phone and then I won't forget the paper list at home since my phone is always with me when I go out.
yes it pays to be orga hiZed ib the way you do your ]shoppibg
we have a whiteboard in the kitchen we write "out" things on.if i had to do it before shopping i'd probably forget half..