All systems go, for now anyway!

For the last several months I had an issue not being able to view videos online...whether u-tube video people post here or videos on Facebook of family/friends. I tried everything I could think of and some things others suggested, no luck. I decided it wasn't import and I wouldn't worry about it. Then last week I started getting "Google Chrome not responding" and I literally had to shut down, boot up and all was well for a time. OK, again I learned to live with it but I tried one more thing...I did a system restore which sometimes fixes issues...not so this time. Then the next issue, the computer shut itself off three times yesterday morning. I then had enough! I sent an e-mail to my computer tech and he said he could get here in the afternoon...and he did.... An hour and a half later all issues were resolved...at least none have reappeared today so far LOL! I can check out videos again not that I want to spend a lot of time doing that, but nice that I can if I want. Sometimes you just need to call the 'expert'...and pay for it! Photo: pixabay.com/en/hand-like-thumb-up-confirm-okay-157251/
I'm technically challenged as they say and I have to call family members to help me with even the simplest things sometimes. Luckily I've never had to call an expert but it's worth the money to be up and running without any problems. Glad your problems were resolved
I can do/fix some things, but when a bunch hits it is beyond me and I know to call a pro!
@Morleyhunt (19261)
I hate it when the computer acts up. I accidently turned my internet access off earlier this week. I was cleve though....I managed to fix it myself without needing to call my computer savvy daughter to help out. Yay me!
Some things I can do, others are beyond me!
@Morleyhunt (19261)
@AbbyGreenhill I tell people.....I am technologically challenged.....but....willing to learn. My daughter tells me it's the Will ing to learn that sets me apart....most people my age or older don't want to learn....they want someone to do it for them.
@Morleyhunt This was far beyond what a normal person can do - he was busy for 1 1/2 hours flying thru things - it was amazing to watch him. I don't want to learn more than I need to know
Good deal. Mine actually shut down a couple times this morning while I was trying to record my morning video...not sure what was going on.
So far it hasn't shut down - he said it could have been a combo of things that cause that to happen. The video issue - the drivers were bad. I use a computer, I don't fi them LOL!
• Walnut Creek, California
Aha! An opportunity to self-promote. Here's one of mine. Sometimes they won't play for me, and I never know why. Then it seems to self-fix.
Like and Subscribe for more songs and videos :)
Is that you signing? Wow, I'm impressed!!!
• Walnut Creek, California
@AbbyGreenhill Oh, thanks! Yeah, I sing and play all the instruments (I think it's just two guitars and bass) on that one. I play with two bands whose leaders have their own visions of what we should sound like, so it's fun to do "my own" stuff now and then.
@TheHorse The horse in the video - is that why you are The Horse?
yeah sometimes that stuff is beyond us average users!
And it's not working 100 percent right now - I sent him an e-mail..and he better not charge me to come back.
@AbbyGreenhill he shouldnt, since he apparently missed something
I make a phone call to my son and he tells me step my step what to do over the phone. We have only had a problem one time in eight months, Not bad.
I don't have kids so I pay for things. This computer had a lot of issues, not something some could have walked me thru.
@valmnz (13168)
• New Zealand
So true, for me trying to fix technical things myself often results in more things going wrong!
It does happen!
@LeaPea2417 (23053)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That is nice that the computer guy was able to help your computer. It is nice to be able to view YouTube videos on occasion.
A small issue has popped up....but it isn't s big deal...I notified him.
@amnabas (10549)
• Karachi, Pakistan
That's what technicians are for..
Absolutely! It pays to pay!
there you go there.Yes,it is worth it to hire someone. I have done this number of times.As I do not want to screwed up things.Whch I have in the past.
Yes, trying to fix an issue sometimes leads to worse one LOL. 95 bucks for 1 1/2 hours was worth it.
Sometimes enough is enough isn't it? Glad it's all systems go again now.
I can deal with one or two issues, but three or more forget it!
Good for you and this is what I am going to have to do too soon. My computer is running too slow right now.
I am glad I did it, but the room still stinks...why do men wear such stinky stuff?!!!!
Sometimes we do get the bug that needs to.be fixed.
Yes, and it's good to get it fixed quick.
I'm sorry you had so many issues with your computer and have it all resolved now. Yes, sometimes it does take an expert to figure it all out.
@PatZAnthony (13234)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The experts are worth the money in most cases! Have to give them credit for what they know.