Never Give Up

My son got his first job when he was 18. He loved the job but had to move out of state six months later. That was 38 months ago (3 years and 2 months ago). This morning, he woke me up to tell me he finally found a job. During these three years, people constantly accused him of just sitting around playing video games. Some even told me to stop paying his bills and kick him out of the apartment that I rented for him a year ago (we had moved to a new state and there was hope that his job search would be much shorter). The mortgage company that I was working for in 20007 went belly up and I spent a year and a day enduring accusations that I was spending my days on Facebook instead of looking for work before I finally got a call. Ryan never gave up hope, I never gave up hope, and neither should you.
I am so glad that he finally got a job. Congratulations to him. People are so quick to judge and to have their noses stuck I other people's business.
Thanks, @Happy2BeMe . Yes, they do, and they weren't just judgmental of my son. As the days became weeks, weeks became months, and months became years, they also berated and belittled me for not "forcing" my son to find work. I can't tell you how many times I said, "It's not up to me. It's up to prospective employers."
@Chellezhere that is ridiculous. It wasn't even their business in the first place to say anything. He can only do what he can do. Jobs aren't easy to come by.
@Happy2BeMe Yep. That is so true.
People are rotten and judgemental and do not understand how hard it can be to find employment! I am glad he was finally able to find a job!
Thanks, @shaggin . Back when I was unemployed for that year and a day, the whole applying for jobs online was still new. I spent 8 hours a day looking for work online. My brother and my mother's friend convinced Mom to turn off the Internet so that I would "get motivated" to find work. That made my quest worse. So, I called Mom's immediate supervisor, who was older than I was, but younger than Mom, and she explained how job searches work now. Mom immediately restored the Internet service and apologized to me.
I'm glad he got a job and so did you. I was fired from my job in 2013 and never did find a job. My son made the same accusations. I wasn't on Facebook, but I was blogging as well as answering every job e-mail I received. I was finally old enough to file for Social Security. It's hard being forced into early retirement.
At this point I have low vision and am trying to collect Social Security.
@Chellezhere I hope you can.
I greatly impressed to hear this.Hoping both will always so brave and courageous due to all persons like us get inspired.
Thanks, @kingwriter007. Al the best to you as well.
@Chellezhere Nice to you .Thank you very much.
Patience is hard but it usually pays off, congrats.
Yes, it does. He hasn't officially started (because he was on his way to bed). But, I know he feels so much more relief.
@KristenH (24366)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Great post. Unfortunately, my job search didn't turn up any good end results for me. But I'm glad I have Hub Pages and Upwork to write what I love and get paid for it. Congrats to you and Ryan!
Congratulations to Ryan!!!! Never giving up is a source of great pride. Even though our son has a B.S. in Economics and an MBA in finance/marketing, he struggled for years trying to find a job in which he could use his skills. With an MBA, he was delivering flyers door-to-door for $10 for a pizza place. He never gave up either. So happy for Ryan!!