my kitchen is UP SIDE DOWN

@sugartoes (43180)
Greencastle, Indiana
I hate it when my husband comes in to cook O M G he dirty's every pot & pan & dish in the place I hate it. After he gets done he's like I'll be back to help you clean up, really? yeah right, I've heard that before. Here it is 3 hrs later & haven't heard hide nor hair of him, I bet I know what happen it NEVER fails. He went to the trailer ( where HE lives) & ate & went to sleep & when he wakes up he won't remember sh*t & as NORMAL, I'll end up getting the kitchen back in order AGAIN why is that?? Do you have a spouse that does that to you? how do you deal with it cause it drives me up the freaking wall when he WANT'S to cook & LEAVES ME the mess after he is done & GONE.
I think it's the male mentality that women do all the chores. I don't think my husband ever lifted a finger to do anything in the house.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him mine loves to cook but to help clean HUM? that's a WHOLE new thing for him to get the hint of.
@sugartoes There are some people you can't teach new things to after a certain age.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@just4him ha ha ha your so right that's why I'm in the cabin where I can keep my place the way I want it & he can keep his place the way he likes his & it keeps things at peace.
I do all the dishes and cooking. So it never gets messy. A good lot of dishes you have there.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView I try to keep him & my live in with plenty of food to eat but EVERY now & then he want's to cook something up even though they HAVE PLENTY to eat for the week I don't get it do you? Yeah I had a mess for sure you should have seen the REST of it OMG.
@sugartoes No. I don't. But we are sensible so..
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@TiarasOceanView you got that right, we think a head where SOME just rather go through life without thinking at all.
@PatZAnthony (13118)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
We know there are people out there who behave this way. No one here would do that, Just to be fair, we try to take care of things as we go.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@PatZAnthony oh I just let it go & deal with it cause I KNOW if I say something it would be a WHOLE new ball game.
@1creekgirl (12432)
My husband fries the best fish and hushpuppies in the world, but how he manages to get corn meal and shortening over every inch of the kitchen confounds me.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@1creekgirl mine & yours could ALMOST be brothers ha ha ha cause mine is a awesome cook & does the SAME thing why is that?
@1creekgirl (12432)
@sugartoes I think it's part of the male DNA.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@1creekgirl something is not in the mix.
@VivaLaDani13 (22398)
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Oh how annoying! One of my ex boyfriends was like that. Constantly saying he will help me do this or do that but I was always the one doing it. Have you ever gone back to him to ask him to do what he said he would do?
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 as much as he does for me I just over look it & let him do what he's going to do as there will be a day he won't be around to do anything so I don't make a big deal out of it.
My husband does the same thing so I do not let him cook all that often. I have women power and he has no power.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@jstory07 that's what I'm talking.
@Elisa1234 (7649)
So now I know! You are a woman my friend because you have a Hubby!
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Elisa1234 ha ha ha smart one
@Elisa1234 (7649)
@sugartoes Haha Or you are the hubby? Do you have kids my friend?
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Elisa1234 no I'm the wife & no kids.
No, I do not have a spouse that does that too me., I always thought those that cook and make a mess should clean up things. I guess yours never learned that one.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Hannihar your so right but I rather for him to just get out of the kitchen where I can get it back in order cause he isn't one that does it like I do.
@sugartoes I understand littletiger.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Hannihar he's one that likes to use every pan or pot we have to make a simple meal, where I on the other hand use very few & I also may reuse the same pot or pan to cook the other food up.
@KristenH (25148)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I put it in the dishwasher. I don't have a spouse. But at least I put my dirty cookingware in there for the next loaded wash.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@KristenH your LUCKY to not have one (not in a bad way) cause you can keep things in order & like you like it wish I did. But don't get me wrong he's a AWESOME husband till it comes to cleaning & cleaning up his mess's in the kitchen.
@KristenH (25148)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@sugartoes Thanks I guess. Maybe you can show some restraint on your hubby and make him do the dishes.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@KristenH I do them in the dish washer but there's time's I ask him to do something & he'll find a excuse NOT to.
@renicemae (3658)
Hmmm maybe he's thinking that because he's the one doing the cooking, you'll do the washing. And when you like to cook, he'll do the washing How is that?
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@renicemae I wish that was true but when he cooks he leaves me to do the cleaning & when I cook he's no where to be found in sight.
@cacay1 (33199)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Your husband knows you care him that is why he never cares to clean. Men usually like to do the sitting pretty after eating and leave everything to women.Your hubby might have a sweet smile seeing you washing his mess.. I am okay now friend, thanks for your strong support.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@cacay1 no mine cooks eats & leaves & just about the time I'm done he'll call or come back over to see if I need any help REALLY? just GO on.
My wife is pretty good at doing the dishes but I will pitch in to help. My son is the terror leaving pots and pans.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Montecristodog mine wouldn't but I was alright with that cause he has a way of just making a big deal out of it is why.
It can be very aggravating when other family members don't clean up after themselves.
@sugartoes (43180)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Tampa_girl7 your so right but they don't think about it till it happens to them & then they have a hissy fit over it like it's a BIG DEAL but when you say something they get ALL offended