Terrible and scary experiences

Well i had a one. Its something that i will never forget in my life. Even now whenever i think about it, i get terrified. It was April 2015 11.30 AM. I was in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh North India. We lived in 4th floor in a Apartment. I was sitting on my chair working on the laptop when suddenly i felt dizzying sensation. Initially i felt it was because of too much work i had done yesterday night. But then few minutes later, i felt like floating in the air. The chair started moving left and right despite me sitting on it. For about half a minute i just could not understand what was happening, before coming to senses that its Earthquake !.I got up from the chair and alerted other family members. Just as we started responding to each other, the tremors started getting stronger putting us off the balance.But we managed ourselves and got out of the flat and took the staircase to reach to the safety. The climbing down of those four floors have never been so difficult in my 18 years of lifetime. Every moment i felt the apartment would come crashing down before we get out. It was horrific experience and it took me about 1 month to get out of that trauma. Have you guys experienced any terrible and scary events in your life ?
I experienced a very slight earthquake once early in the morning when I was still lying in bed. It took me a long time to realise what it was because Germany is not an earthquake region. The event wasn't frightening, though. It was only strange.